It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may declassify Carter Page, Bruce Ohr documents as soon as this week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I suspect declassifying those documents will lead directly to Rod Rosenstein resigning or getting fired.

I suspect he signed off on the FISA warrants knowing they contained materially false or misrepresented statements, and once this is out his continued employment will be impossible to justify.

And Sessions will fire him (if he doesn't resign), not Trump directly.

If true then what does that say about trump having him running the show?

None of it adds up.
i thought of that too, but has Trump even seen these?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

None of it adds up.

Rosie was playing a role, slyly hidden hand.
He will eventually get tripped up....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

I suspect declassifying those documents will lead directly to Rod Rosenstein resigning or getting fired.

I suspect he signed off on the FISA warrants knowing they contained materially false or misrepresented statements, and once this is out his continued employment will be impossible to justify.

None of it adds up.

President Trump was given these documents (in unredacted form) in early June. On June 14th, Congressional investigators sent him a formal request to have 20 specific pages of the FISA spy warrant de-classified and made public.

Either President Trump is waiting for what, in his mind, is the right time. Or, he's having trouble getting Wray, or Rosenstein, or Sessions, to sign-off on that declassification. The President can decide to delcassify, but one of those three have to legally certify it.

SOURCE- From 9/7/2018: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

None of it adds up.

President Trump was given these documents (in unredacted form) in early June. On June 14th, Congressional investigators sent him a formal request to have 20 specific pages of the FISA spy warrant de-classified and made public.

Either President Trump is waiting for what, in his mind, is the right time. Or, he's having trouble getting Wray, or Rosenstein, or Sessions, to sign-off on that declassification. The President can decide to delcassify, but one of those three have to legally certify it.

That view is not strictly correct. The president can take the documents and put them online if he wants. He needs no authority from anyone else to do so. There is a process that he should go through and it's true that Rosenstein might try to slow it down (it appears he has), but there is nothing stopping the President just publishing the information or revealing what is in the document. There's no legal recourse Rosenstein or anyone else would have.

There is a hierarchical nature to declassifying - with the President at the top. I believe the actual rules based on an executive order in the 1970's are still being used (May have even be Nixon who wrote it!). Anyway, Trump could with the stroke of a pen completely rewrite the process theconservativetreehouse are talking about. The President does have absolute authority when it comes to what is classified and what is not (save for a specific carve out relating to the Atomic Energy Act - but even that could likely be challenged successfully).
edit on 11/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Taxes are not classified.

That's what I thought...where are his?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Sillyolme

So what could it hurt to declasify and release the documents?

Absolutely. Declassify ALL OF IT. Not just he few pages with selected excerpts that Devin Nunes tells him he can spin into a BS conspiratorial narrative that everyone in Congress knows is a lie.

Declassify ALL OF IT?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: timequake

As this article states, the Declassification has to be approved by Sessions, or Wray, or Rosenstein.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

If none of these 3 approve, declassification does not occur.

Was this a reply to something that I said? I'm confused.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I took the liberty of redacting portions of your OP, while not changing any of the text or the order it was in.

Your words unaltered. Just redacted portions.

Tell me if you understand why I think highly selective, redacted releases of classified material to fit a ultra-partisan political agenda's and BS narrative's does not help discourse.

originally posted by: Grambler

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED] spying on a Presidential campaign should be extremely high,[REDACTED]

[REDACTED] the FBI did nothing wrong [REDACTED]

[REDACTED] I dont like that trump [REDACTED]

[REDACTED] I am more concerned with [REDACTED] my side, using this to gain political points.

[REDACTED] trumps claims he should declassify the info, [REDACTED] is further proof of obstruction of justice, which is absurd.

But everyone, regardless of their feelings on trump, should welcome [REDACTED] incompetence or corruption occurring with the investigators.

edit on 11-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The President can decide to delcassify, but one of those three have to legally certify it.

Still quoting a fake news site I see.

Nope. The President can declassify anything he likes.

What are they going to do? Arrest him? He is the final classification authority.

That is why he wasn't arrested for sharing TS information with the Russians in the Oval Office.

You appear to be making excuses for his cowardice.

Trump is more comfortable making crap up, not proving it.

edit on 11-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

They did watch the russians. One of them is in jail now for being a spy.
They were looking to recruit Page.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Page had already left the campaign.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I agree with you.

If I had my way, all of this would be redacted.

However, the FBI and doj constantly insistent that they have to have certain portions redacted, for national security reasons, which I feel is dubious most of the time.

In this case, we see them fighting tooth and nail to keep things from being made public based on that excuse, and then see when they are made public that the doj and fbi lied.

Now we should also take that standard when the FBI or doj or democrats release what they want to hurt trump; they are only releasing a portion of material to make trump look bad.

So yes, it would be preferable to have everything released.

I will be interested to see what gets released. If its 95% unredacted, that may be believable that a name here or there needed to be protected.

But if its 75%, then yes, we should question rather or not what we read is being altered in its message.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Page had already left the campaign.

Again that is irrelevant.

First they tried to get a fisa warrant on page while he was in the campaign, and it was denied.

secondly, the warrant allowed them to get all of pages communications from when he was a member of the campaign, thereby still collecting the communications of all of the people that were still in trumps campaign that page had communicated with.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As is often the case, ATTORNEYS are gumming up the works with FISA/docs declassification.

dailycaller.com...

Considering that Congress first requested this via a June 14th letter, there could be deep-stater's in/on the White House legal team?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They did watch the russians. One of them is in jail now for being a spy.
They were looking to recruit Page.

Where is you proof they were looking to recruit page?

There were allegations of that before page was on trumps team, but instead of being recruited by the russians, page actively helped the FBI arrest russian criminals.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Your post is contradictory.

First you write:

They were not spying on trump.
The sooner that effin moron, as he is known amongst those who know him best, gets that through his thick head the better off everyone will be.

But then you also write this:

But Victim is his favorite role to play. As we all know.

He isn't playing a victim, he is indeed a victim. But of media/leftist false narrative. You personally have been one of the biggest sources of fake news/misinformation on this website, so you have no business lecturing anybody.

You've done nothing but push unaccredited/unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about Russia and the Trump campaign.

Spineless jellyfish coward.

The only spineless cowards are those who have to use lies/rumor/innuendo to attack somebody. People like you only do that because it is the only subject matter you have to work with, certainly not facts. Otherwise you'd have never made those "silly" statements about "Kremlin Russian KGB agent super shadow spies" hiding in closets/under the bed (I can show you where you said that, in fact)

Glad you finally admit Trump isn't a genuine target of this Russia nonsense. Disgusting some spineless cowards wielded this as a weapon against him/his Presidency (even though we've known you all were full of s### from day 1)
edit on 9/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Even Cheeto's most ardent supporters will agree that he is impulsive. The most logical reason to me that he has not released the un-redacted version of all of this is that it does not support his claims. He holds the keys to this happening... why has he not released anything until now? It's been close to two years of fighting about this.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: Wardaddy454

No, I did not say they were all influenced by Russians. In fact, ZeroHedge stuck out that way.

Unless you facts check every word they say before re-posting it, it's safer to take them as they are, foreign propaganda with most likely Russian influence given their ties.

You pretty much did. Not some of them, "them".
edit on 11-9-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
are there any patriots here?......jesus people, trump has been kissing up to Putin since before the election, culminating earlier this year with trump saying PUBLICALLY IN HELSINKI that he trusts Putin over...OUR...own intelligence agencies....a few months ago STROK got fired....(side note), he was one of the most senior agents keeping track of Russian spys....now trump wants to release ALL OF THE FILES that Bruce Ohr has,........that pertains to the Russian investigation!...(another side note), Ohr has been one of the top federal attorneys handling fraud, and money laundering by Russians............hello, anyone see a pattern???.....trump is getting rid of all the top people involved in the Russian investigation, and Putin gets a BONUS!...he gets all the "means and methods" documents, (if not more helpful information), and possibly be able to identify our own agents and those working for western intel agencies ....all of this is public record, and yet, here (supposedly critically thinking people), don't even mention this.....I could go on with Maria Butina (Russian spy currently locked and denied bail), trump tower renting out space to many Russians, his real estate deals with Russians, etc.....and all you good American Patriots have absolutely NO PROBEM with any of that....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Last time I saw them they were under Obamas sealed college records!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join