It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may declassify Carter Page, Bruce Ohr documents as soon as this week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

President Trump is expected to declassify documents connected to the Obama administration's surveillance of the Trump campaign during the 2016 US election, according to Axios, citing allies of the president who say it could happen as soon as this week.

www.zerohedge.com...

I think this is great news.

The threshold for spying on a Presidential campaign should be extremely high, especially when using opposition research paid for by that campaigns opponent. We have seen bias at the highest levels of those involved in the intel community, and to me that justifies the release of these documents.

Even if you think the FBI did nothing wrong, you should be happy that this will finally be proven by the release of this info.

Now one thing I will say is that I dont like that trump is waiting until this has an affect on the midterms.

He should have released this long ago. I am more concerned with ending corruption than any side, even if it is my side, using this to gain political points.

However, I also look for the same people that disliked trump who said if there was anything to trumps claims he should declassify the info, to now say him declassifying it is further proof of obstruction of justice, which is absurd.

But everyone, regardless of their feelings on trump, should welcome this transparency that could help show one way or another if there was incompetence or corruption occurring with the investigators.

edit on 10-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They were spying on Carter Page who was being approached by russia as a possible agent.
They were not spying on trump.
The sooner that effin moron, as he is known amongst those who know him best, gets that through his thick head the better off everyone will be.
But Victim is his favorite role to play. As we all know.
Spineless jellyfish coward.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Trump should go ahead and declassify all of it. That's my 2 cents.

He's the President, surely He has the moral authority and discipline to do so? If not, the mandate?

Might as well release his Tax returns, since an audit surely couldn't hurt a sitting President? Could it?

The more transparency, the better. I agree.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Gosh. I wonder if you'll ever go back to reality.
edit on 10/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So what could it hurt to declasify and release the documents?

Your blind hate shows in every word.

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Given Hillary, Bruce Ohr etc... were in talks with Russia, Obama /Kerry DID give a known spy a special visa to stay here and commit this crime...we all know it and all you can do is act indignant about Trump.

You are so much more than obviously in the bag for someone, or just flat out willfully ignorant for reasons nobody can understand.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I suspect declassifying those documents will lead directly to Rod Rosenstein resigning or getting fired.

I suspect he signed off on the FISA warrants knowing they contained materially false or misrepresented statements, and once this is out his continued employment will be impossible to justify.

And Sessions will fire him (if he doesn't resign), not Trump directly.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I think it is high time this information was released. However, the timing, as you point out, is suspect. I wonder if there will be enough information provided, that it will be difficult for voters to gain access and read it all, before those midterms come around?

It will certainly be the case that a great many of the people who have expressed an interest in those documents will not read them before voting though, as the vast majority of people who are even talking about these documents only care about what they can do for their political position, not what they actually contain or mean. I know that does not include you Grambler, since you are likely to read and digest their full implications before making even the slightest utterance on the subject, but you have to admit, it could easily be read as a propaganda move, given the timing.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

They were spying on Carter Page who was being approached by russia as a possible agent.
The sooner that effin moron, as he is known amongst those who know him best, gets that through his thick head the better off everyone will be.
But Victim is his favorite role to play. As we all know.
Spineless jellyfish coward.

Well, let's release the records and have everyone see it for themselves if that's the case.

As always, it's probably somewhere in the middle of both sides rhetoric.
edit on 10-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The threshold for spying on a Presidential campaign should be extremely high,

I disagree. I believe everyone who runs for president and everyone they appoint in their campaign should be subject to a rigorous investigation before they are even allowed to run for president.

If you want to represent people and make decisions on their behalf your life should be an open book to everyone.

Otherwise we will continue to elect more of the same. Namely people whose only qualification is how far they can bend over for the corporate interests that actually run America.

I’d hope everyone would want more transparency, not less.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think its always been the case that the intelligence agencies have a good look at all the people looking to become President, and I would say its unlikely that any developed nations intelligence agencies fail to have a good, hard look at any future leader those nations might be placed under. The question is whether they might actively try to prevent certain people becoming President or leader, and under what circumstances would they act in that manner?

See, I could understand someone having a problem with the idea of intelligence agents getting involved with an election in an obstructive manner, if the candidate was only a threat to a toxic power structure within a nation, as opposed to being a threat to the people themselves, because clearly, just because someones political view is that a nation should be run by and for its people, not by and for controlling interests in its financial status, does not make them unfit to lead.

But someone whose politics insists that the futures of an entire nations people are theirs to buy and sell to the highest bidder, whose amorality is beyond reasonable doubt, whose loyalty to the nation itself has been in question since well before his candidacy for President even came up, and was only further made dubious by the behaviour of a suspiciously high number of his campaign staff... Well, thats a different matter, or should be at any rate.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

if there were any implications from the 0bama administration and illegal surveillance, what is taking trump so long?

I'm tired of hearing about illegal collusions and smoking gun surveillance proofs which never manifests into anything...were going on year 3...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

But The zer0Bama and Susan Rice were unmasking !!

😃

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Hopefully we will find out whether you're right or not with these text messages. You must agree with the release if you think they're going to back your position .

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Can't wait, should be good.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think its always been the case that the intelligence agencies have a good look at all the people looking to become President,

I agree. At least I hope they would.

It always struck me as strange how the people who collect and analyze classified information are required to go through a rigorous background investigation while the people they give it to (the president etc) aren’t. I think we should have the same standards all the way up the food chain.

I doubt Trump or Hillary would have ever been candidates if they were subject to the same level of scrutiny. If every candidate was publicly and thoroughly investigated I think it would weed out most of the corrupt. Or at least give them pause before running for public office.

I believe that not having this standard is why we are where we are. With the president attacking his own intelligence agencies for political clout while they were more than likely just doing their job. I seriously doubt that they just decided to look at Trump once he chose to run for president.

A big businessman with foreign contacts who has accepted a ton of money from hostile nations over the years has probably been under some kind of surveillance since he decided to let them bail him out of his business failures.

If not, then our intelligence agencies truly aren't doing their job.

edit on 10-9-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I suspect declassifying those documents will lead directly to Rod Rosenstein resigning or getting fired.

I suspect he signed off on the FISA warrants knowing they contained materially false or misrepresented statements, and once this is out his continued employment will be impossible to justify.

And Sessions will fire him (if he doesn't resign), not Trump directly.

If true then what does that say about trump having him running the show?

None of it adds up.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

if there were any implications from the 0bama administration and illegal surveillance, what is taking trump so long?

I'm tired of hearing about illegal collusions and smoking gun surveillance proofs which never manifests into anything...were going on year 3...

My guess is that the people hoping and waiting while thinkin their deer laeders are spotless are actually hypnotized or compromised.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I believe everyone who runs for president and everyone they appoint in their campaign should be subject to a rigorous investigation before they are even allowed to run for president.

So you believe that the intelligence community--individuals appointed to their positions--should be the gate keepers of who is allowed to run for President of the United States? And what happens when those gatekeepers, like say.. Peter Strozk, are so politically opposed to one candiate and in favor of the other that they... lets say for argument sake... activate an "insurance policey" by manurfactuing a political "witch hunt" in order to find something... anything.. to keep a politcally undesirable candidate out of the election? Pretty sure that runs contrary to the Constitution. I dont recall were it says that any candidate must be over 35 years of age.. a U.S. citizen... and granted approval by the FBI...

edit on 10-9-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2018 by timequake because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

I believe everyone who runs for president and everyone they appoint in their campaign should be subject to a rigorous investigation before they are even allowed to run for president.

So you believe that the intelligence community--individuals appointed to their positions--should be the gate keepers of who is allowed to run for President of the United States? And what happend when those gatekeepers, like say.. Peter Strozk, are so politically apposed to one candiate and in favor of the other that they... lets say for argument sake... activate an "insurance policey" by manurfactuing a political "witch hunt" in order to find something... anything.. to keep a politcally undesirable candidate out of the election? Pretty sure that runs contrary to the Constitution. I dont recall were it says that any candidate must be over 35 years of age.. a U.S. citizen... and granted approval by the FBI...

There has been a fair bit of talk about this supposed vetting process. Nothing could be more undemocratic and open to abuse. It would just become another layer of bureaucracy open to corruption. Those that push the idea simply haven't thought it through.
edit on 10/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join