It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NEWS: Man charged with conspiring to kill Bush

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
US Citizen Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, 23, has been charged with conspiring to assassinate President Bush. Ahmed, who was formerly detained in Saudi Arabia, had allegedly discussed two scenarios with a co-conspirator. Either Mr Abu Ali would shoot Mr Bush on the street or detonate a car bomb, the indictment read.
 



news.bbc.co.uk
The alleged conspirator told the court he had been tortured during his detention, which began in June 2003. Mr Abu Ali, who was making his first appearance at the court, did not enter a plea.

He offered via his lawyer to show the judge scars he had apparently received. "He has the evidence on his back," Ashraf Nubani told the court, quoted by the Associated Press news agency. "He was whipped. He was handcuffed for days at a time."

He was charged with five other counts involving links to terrorism and the al-Qaeda network.



Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


This is interesting, I would like to know more details about the case. When exactly were the threats made? More importantly was it in another country? I also wouldn't mind knowing how they found out, I guess they had their eye on him for a long time.




posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Give that man a medal!

Wold unites in praise of man, yaay!

Seriuosly i wouldn't wish bush dead.. coz id be just like him then.. and he would have won darth vader "luke join the dark side" style...



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Any person in any country that threatens the president with violence, can expect to be put away in a very dark cell.
it is illegal, and since our president doesn't respect borders, he will go after them in any country...

so just wait until the iranians threaten him as a whole country...
that will be the excuse...

but just so everyone knows...
don't threaten him on the board, even as a joke... the SS has no sense of humor...



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am suprised not more of these conspiracies arrised to kill Dubya, he's not a loved man...



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My only fear about bush's possible assasination is that the american people may unite for his tyranical cause out of rage because THEY killed OUR president. It is the 'protect the herd' mentality.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wouldn't wish another dead....but I'd shed no tears at this man's funeral.
Well, at least until watching Cheney being sworn in...then I'd start balling like a baby...



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
My only fear about bush's possible assasination is that the american people may unite for his tyranical cause out of rage because THEY killed OUR president. It is the 'protect the herd' mentality.


Yeah I agree, it'd probably do more for Bush's cause than anything else if he became a martyr as it were, although I'm sure the rest of the world would breathe a sigh of relief deep down...sorry but I'm just being honest.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I wouldn't wish another dead....but I'd shed no tears at this man's funeral.
Well, at least until watching Cheney being sworn in...then I'd start balling like a baby...


Indeed, I could never shed any kind of pity for that man and that's the unfortunate reality of it, cut off one head and another one will spring up in it's place...



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
My only fear about bush's possible assasination is that the american people may unite for his tyranical cause out of rage because THEY killed OUR president. It is the 'protect the herd' mentality.


That's a good point, Jonna. But what percentage of the American people would unite if this hypothetical happened? And would they agree or disagree that the Bush administration's policies had brought "it" on, so to speak.

edit: context



[edit on 23-2-2005 by sanctum]



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
He held dual citizenship, both US and Jordanian. He graduated as valedictorian of his US high school, which was not your normal high school, but the Islamic Saudi Academy in Virginia, which teaches Wahhabism.

He supposedly threatened Bush while studying in Saudia Arabia. He was consorting with Al Qaeda at the time.

He supposedly was tortured by the Saudis. His family says the accusations do not sound like anything their son would do. We'll see.

He'll be back in court tomorrow.

Threatening the life of the President of the US borders on stupidity. How he managed to become valedictorian is a mystery.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
But what percentage of the American people would unite if this hypothetical happened? And would they agree or disagree that the Bush administration's policies had brought "it" on, so to speak.


It is difficult to say percentage-wise. However I think that people would see it more that the president's assasination as against America/Americans then bush's assasination as against the current administration.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Any person in any country that threatens the president with violence, can expect to be put away in a very dark cell.
it is illegal, and since our president doesn't respect borders, he will go after them in any country...

so just wait until the iranians threaten him as a whole country...
that will be the excuse...

but just so everyone knows...
don't threaten him on the board, even as a joke... the SS has no sense of humor...


I dont rap for dead presidents
I'd rather see the president dead
It's never been said
But i set precedence.

Eminem



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
well it's a simple matter of logic really, the president or the countless other people he screws over? Goodbye Mr President.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Republicans are the only ones who kill Presidents. I don't want Bush dead,
I want him to live so we can watch him be the first ex-president to lose money on the speech circuit.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That's because liberals are anti-gun.

He'd never have to go on the speaking tour if he is profiting as much on big oil that the libs accuse him of.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
He'd never have to go on the speaking tour if he is profiting as much on big oil that the libs accuse him of.


Speaking tours are more a question of arrogance, something Bush has in abundance.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join