It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unisex changing rooms put women in danger

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Andrew Gilligan

September 2 2018, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

Unisex changing rooms are more dangerous for women and girls than single-sex facilities, research by The Sunday Times shows. Almost 90% of reported sexual assaults, harassment and voyeurism in swimming pool and sports-centre changing rooms happen in unisex facilities, which make up less than half the total.

Gender-neutral changing is growing as councils seek to cut staff costs and cater to transgender people. But one MP said it risked becoming a “magnet” for sex offenders and increased the danger to women and girls.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

To read the entire story you have to pay a subscription. But here is a link to a study from January 2018 on "Gender-Inclusion Policies and Sexual Violence: A Longitudinal Analysis of Media Reports at Target Stores," which shows an increase in the number of "incidents" of sexual harassment since Target's implementation of "inclusive policies" in their restroom/changing rooms.
womanmeanssomething.com...

Here is a graph showing how "incidents" of sexual harassment have increased in Target stores because of their "inclusive unisex changing rooms, and restroom policies."

(the graph can be found on the link above)

What these studies say is that despite all the claims by the left, and left-wing media that "women/girls will be safer, or as safe from sexual harassment in "inclusive restrooms/changing rooms," the fact is that the opposite is the truth. There has been an increase of sexual harassment incidents since such "inclusive policies" have been implemented. In fact the study states that single sex restrooms/changing rooms are much safer for women and girls than unisex changing rooms.

edit on 9-9-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It’s like when they say ban guns, you’ll be safer! Leftist lies are always easy to spot. You know like if you want to keep your doctor, or my favorite your healthcare costs will go down. Bbuuuuhhaaahahahaaaaa!!

edit on 9 090109 1818 by WUNK22 because: Spell

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

People needed a study to realize this?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I was someone who didn't see an issue with this.

Maybe I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Any study hat isn’t PC is racist, sexist, transphobic and if they platform believers in inclusiveness this must be taken down

Just like the Brown university study that said gender is not fluid

I need to I to my safe space

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So you're saying perverted men will take advantage of an inclusive situation that caters to their perversion. I'll try to pretend to be shocked.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

So...you chose to ignore the fact that the link to the study of sexual harassment incidents in Target stores has increased due to "gender-identity policies and incidents of sexual violence in bathrooms and change rooms."?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

There have been people who claimed worse. Such as claiming "no transgender person has ever sexually assaulted anyone." There are a lot of perverts who are not transgender, but use the excuse of "I am a woman" to satisfy their perversion. But, to claim that people who are sexually confused can never sexually assault anyone, is not only false, but it is a very dangerous mentality. I am not saying "all tran-sexual people" would do this, but the fact that they are sexually confused increases the chances of sexual harassment.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am not any kind of criminal or pervert but if a woman strips naked in front of me, chances are I am going to look at some point. I am a guy. We look at women. Especially naked women. If that is considered a crime now then I can understand the spike in at least one of the statistics. But I am not sexist either. I know that women are in their checking out who is swinging a hammer and who is swinging a tinker toy. But that wont matter to the statisticians. Its just like teachers having sex with students. When a man does it he is a rapist who assaulted an underage girl. When a woman does it she is a teacher who had relations with a male student. When its a man they call it rape. When its a woman they call it sexual acts.

My point is that all of this/none of this will matter until we stop pretending gender is nothing more than a chosen identity.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Uni-sex... so like universal sex, I'm in the country do we dont have this nonsense.

But I'd be will to drive into the #holes, err I mean metro areas, if universal sex is offered.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Well...to be honest your second link is a study of only 220 events at Target stores over a 14 year period.

Using Target stores as a case study, we analyzed 220 media-reported sexual offenses in Target stores from 2003 to August of 2017 to determine the association, if any, between their gender-identity access policy made public in April 2016 and reported sexual offenses in their stores.

Not really a lot of data there to come up with a hard conclusion, speaking from a statistical approach.

As far as gender neutral restrooms/changing rooms go...I'm for it as long as it's a single occupancy with a lockable door. Anything else puts anyone at risk.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Every time I walk through an empty parking garage, or alone on a walking trail, I risk being assaulted by a male predator.

Shouldn’t we ban men from parking garages and walking trails, to make me feel safe?

Trans people are not the problem here. Male predators are.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Every time I walk through an empty parking garage, or alone on a walking trail, I risk being assaulted by a male predator.

Shouldn’t we ban men from parking garages and walking trails, to make me feel safe?

Agreed

The whole trans thing is just being used to suppress that specific community. It is disgusting and unwarranted.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I agree completely. So do we Do something? or do we impose on the 52% of the population that's female, so as not to offende the what 2%, that is othered?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ehhh. If they really want to give it a chance to see if it works they should just have 3 changing rooms. Male, female and unisex. My guess is most people would still go to the ones designated for their gender.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
a reply to: kaylaluv

I agree completely. So do we Do something? or do we impose on the 52% of the population that's female, so as not to offende the what 2%, that is othered?

Yes, let’s do something. Let’s have female only parking garages, elevators, and walking trails too, so I can feel safe. Isn’t being safe the most important thing here?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I wonder how much that risk would go up if you were naked?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Is that a serious question? I mean really, think of the logical answer.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Is that a serious question? I mean really, think of the logical answer.

..........thats kind of the point .........

Yes theres a risk no matter where women are or what women do.

But these perverts purposely target these unisex rooms because they KNOW the females will be naked or close to it.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Naked has nothing to do with it.

Most rapes occur in isolated areas – such as lonely stairwells, elevators, laundromats, bus or train stops, biking or jogging trails. A victim’s home also provides seclusion for a rapist during a burglary or invasion.

www.crime-safety-security.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join