It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Chinese UAV Pix

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar

originally posted by: anzha
What surprises *ME* is that the Russians are lollygagging around when UAVs would solve a lot of their issues: demographic and otherwise.

Maybe they'll explore some joint ventures with the Chinese (who apparently have no shortage of funding and determination).

Somehow I doubt they’d be willing to trade engine expertise for Chinese unmanned tech as the engines are the only thing I could see China trying to trade for.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I'd say the Russians are so far behind in the unmanned arena, it's pretty ridiculous, actually. I doubt they have anything the Chinese would want. With the supposed success in getting the WS-15 up and running, the Chinese don't even need engines anymore. Assuming that report is accurate, of course.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'd say the Russians are so far behind in the unmanned arena, it's pretty ridiculous, actually. I doubt they have anything the Chinese would want. With the supposed success in getting the WS-15 up and running, the Chinese don't even need engines anymore. Assuming that report is accurate, of course.

I hadn’t been keeping a close eye on their indigenous engine designs I figured they were still lagging behind but if you’re right then yeah Russia wouldn’t have a whole lot to offer in exchange for a leg up in the unmanned department. Some of the unmanned concept videos Russia has released are great for a good belly chuckle like their “tank killing” unmanned ground vehicles.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

They field tested the tank killer UGV in Syria.

Things did not go well.

If you can handle wading through it, the Russian Altair UAV test flight footage is buried in here:

alert5.com...

It's a Predator/Reaper equivalent or supposed to be.

They arrested the head of the design bureau for it though in April:

www.defenseone.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

They field tested the tank killer UGV in Syria.

Things did not go well.

If you can handle wading through it, the Russian Altair UAV test flight footage is buried in here:

alert5.com...

It's a Predator/Reaper equivalent or supposed to be.

They arrested the head of the design bureau for it though in April:

www.defenseone.com...

I would have never guessed!!!! Lol it worked so good in that promo video....

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The Russians are upgrading the Uran-9, fyi. Slightly off topic though.

In other news and exactly on topic for the thread:

new chinese toys? or real UAVs?

Some are Veeeeery interesting.

None look like the faster mover UAV and I am not sure if any matched what was on the radar pole in the original image in the first post of this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join