It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the cow depicted in the Temple arrangement of Israel?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

If God wills all, then he even wielded you creating this thread and my subsequent responses. He wielded people being gay just as he did them being straight, long long, long ago. Oh yeah, but we will all burn unless we play nice, right?

Nope, you got it all wrong this time. God has two wills which are His perfect will and His permissive will. Even though He allows His permissive will does not mean that it is His perfect will. I can't understand why so many people blame God for what mom and pop have done. God had nothing to do with you being conceived and born and He had nothing to do with your mind being corrupt nor anything that your mom and dad have done in the bedroom.

All that you and mom and pop have done is of your very own will to do even though God knew that you and mom and pop would do whatever you do or will do. God did not create you but mom and pop pro created you by their own choice to do so. Stop playing the victim. The ole race card and blame game is really getting to be old stuff anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

There's really nothing to discuss with such a cretinous, willfully blind and ignorant, poor slob of arrested development and derailed intellect, that doesn't even bother to read anything presented to him. Let me stick a fork in you. This is ridiculous. There's no intelligent basis to discuss anything with somebody like you, that makes up his own facts as he goes along, that, as if, pats himself on the back he knows anything at all, yet brings no real knowledge or wisdom to the table, but your logic? Go play with the other dumb little children, who have to be told not to talk in class.

so the real fool is who?

Never ceases to amaze me how hatefully judgemental those that are supposed to leave the judgement to their God are.

God has limitations?

It seems so many Christians believe God does when the Bible clearly says at the beginning what God is and if the bible is Gods preserved word then limiting something with no limitations is going against the grain so to speak, meaning you are against God not following or serving.

Maybe you can tell everybody why you're trying to push holy cows on Jews and Christians, from a source outside the Bible?

Before that maybe you can tell readers how in the hell you interpreted a question about Enoch as trying to push anything on Christians or Jews?

absolutely delusional.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: Sahabi

i made a sandwich picture??

The King of Ugarit making offerings to the God EL.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

which is which?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

In ancient Hebrew script, the name/title of God was written with an Ox-Head and Shepherd’s Hook (Aleph + Lamed) (EL). Very prominent ox/bull/cow symbology.

In the aforementioned stele from Ras Shamra, the God EL is depicted sitting on the lion thrown underneath the winged solar disk, and wearing oxen/bull horns. The King of Ugarit is standing in front of EL, making offerings to him.

edit on 9/10/18 by Sahabi because: EL made me do it

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

i thought it was the opposite. hmm the thin one was el i thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

I always thought it was strange that the Israelites would sometimes revert back to cow worship. There is the case of building the golden calf at Mt. Sinai. Then second case is when the northern ten tribe kingdom of Israel set up two golden calves after they apostatized from Jerusalem.

Actually it wasn't the cow that the Hebrews held in great esteem as it was the god Nanna/Sin. The Hebrews came out of the Sumerians and even Terah [father of Abram] came out of this Sumerian belief. The god, Nanna/Sin came from the heavenly cast away angels of the war in heaven who taught the Ubaids [unknown race] the mysteries of life. This in turn was taught to the Sumerians whom the Hebrews were a portion of. As we come to Abram, it was his father [Terah] who sold the god Nanna/Sin as the chief deity in his god shop.

Nanna/Sin was also recognized as the heavenly fertile crescent moon and known as the frisky calf or moon god of Sumeria.
As Moses came into the picture, the Hebrews were in all reality nothing but Sumerians under a guise of being Hebrew tribes. When Moses took the trip to get the covenant tablets on the moon god's mountain called Sin'ai, he took longer than expected and the Hebrews assumed he died. This then gave the Hebrews the excuse to go back to Nanna/Sin in rebuilding the frisky calf of the moon god Nanna. Moses had to beat that belief out of the people with the covenant of the God El of Abram.

You can't find all of this in the Hebrew bible and must study both Sumerian and Ubaidian history to understand many things that are passed over details in the Tanach. Nevertheless, this is a little of what the deep scholars have revealed.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't ALL Chris†ian™ soldiers read ChristianityToday™?

www.christianitytoday.com...

And 'Yeah' Noah just 'seems' to be a lot like Gilgamesh...

www.gotquestions.org...

Go knock on some doors, because God needs folks out collecting fee$ to believe...

I asked for evidence not babble
You have shown me a couple of sites that prove nothing

What if Genesis and Gilgamesh are just recording the same event like newspapers do today, gosh that would be too obvious wouldn't it
What if Gilgamesh is a copy of Genesis, duh
Add nauseum

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Text What if Genesis and Gilgamesh are just recording the same event like newspapers do today, gosh that would be too obvious wouldn't it What if Gilgamesh is a copy of Genesis, duh Add nauseum

There is only one source of the flood of Noah and that is in Torah or little Genesis called Jubilees. The date that Genesis gives in their Torah is 1656 BC.

There are various accounts of the Gilgamesh flood starting with app. 2700 BC or again 2100 BC to 2000 BC or again 2000 BC to 1500 BC. So anyone can believe any one of those dates to suit their arguments. What it boils down to is that there is very little similarities between the two accounts of Noah and Gilgamesh. One can choose the Sumerian account or the Akkadian account which is a far fetched story of polytheism at its best.

My opinion is that you are correct in that both are the same account with the additions being forged by the Sumerians and Akkadian story writers. My opinion is that you are right on.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Turns out nobody was actually trying to discuss why it is every religion since 10,000BC has obsessed about cattle.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace
Can you please explain your personal views as to why God wanted 12 cows to hold up the Molt Sea.

Dairy cow are the source of milk, represented by the basin. Other than milk, butter and cheese are also staple food. The twelve cows could represent yearly festival and cattle sacrifices.

Beef steak is my favorite.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Turns out nobody was actually trying to discuss why it is every religion since 10,000BC has obsessed about cattle.

I already did. Every religion is obsessed with food and drinks from cattle dairy. If cattles are not an option, like the nomad, then lamb and camel become substitute.

But I still prefer beef steak.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

I've been on dairy, steaks, beef, my entire life. Yet none of that not once has ever triggered anything resembling a 'religious experience' (and I cook the meanest ribeye possible).

The stuff that grows in their dung however.....

But if you insist, when humans were still regarded as hunter gatherers, at the 'very moment' when they first began cultivating 'wheat', before proper livestock husbandry even, they built the temple complex at Gobekli Tepe. The pillars at which were shaped like shrooms, not wheat, which at the time wheat was more sustaining to them than cattle, I'm pretty sure is the understanding, although I will add they were engraved with bulls heads, as were the insides of homes in dwellings around the region from that same period (surely the same people making the annual pillgramage to the temple site to ritualistically party their brains out). And from there the "two pillars" symbology carried on along with teh bull on to like 'every religion' / civilization like 'ever' (for all intensive purposes), which by the way human spoken langauge as we came to know it, from Europe to India can be traced to a common lineage to that very same region.

edit on 10-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wow! What great responses. Even from those who are mad.

I have not been able to get back to this thread due to a busy schedule. I've read everyone's replies and and I am working on a response to those who caught my eye. Thanks for all the contributions to the thread. I've been researching online tonight to collect data that will be good for some of your responses. There's just too much data and so little time. My real job is getting in the way of this cool topic.

But I must mention that it was not my intention to imply that the cows mentioned in Enoch was meant to support cow worship in the Temple arrangement through the 12 oxen holding up the Molten Sea. I put the new thread together in haste because I had to leave soon when I composed it. I should have done a better thread research before putting it up. I want to show later that the details in Enoch support a positive view of the oxen in the Temple.

By the way I beleive the terms cow and oxen used in this thread need to be changed to Bull from what I've researched so far.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

our dependency on water is greater than that of cattle. and that temple has been destoryed, i believe.

so from my point of view. it was a necessity that it has been destroyed along with that bulls' support for the water holder.

edit on 11-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Cattle were a sacrificial animal, very important for working and eating
Covenants were cut in cattle, it's pretty obvious the significance of cattle

God made a covenant with Abraham walking through the pieces of cattle that was sacrificed
God used a human ritual to make Abraham understand the covenant He made

Genesis 15, pretty clear the value of cattle, God met Abraham at his own human level

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Them cows are holding up Yawehs Toilet bowl.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Them cows are holding up Yawehs Toilet bowl.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

i will sit here and silently dip my biscuits into my glass of milk.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Sounds very wholesome.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join