It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the cow depicted in the Temple arrangement of Israel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

Moses killing of the bull ended the golden age of Taurus (Bull) bringing in the age of Aries (Ram).

The 12 cows or bulls might be related to golden age of Taurus. But it also might be burrowed from Hinduism. In Hinduism Aditi is mother of the gods and all twelve zodiacal spirits. She is often disguised as a cow. A cow in Hinduism is revered because it is strong yet passive.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: SR1TX

hmm..i like the way you think

You guys are one scary lot. God truly is longsuffering, not to stick a fork in it.

If God wills all, then he even wielded you creating this thread and my subsequent responses. He wielded people being gay just as he did them being straight, long long, long ago. Oh yeah, but we will all burn unless we play nice, right?

Ugh..

Freewill, God doesnt will all
The Lords prayer we ask "your will be done"

The atheist hive mind is complex but ignorant

anyway, about Enoch not being part of the bible

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Remember Your "copied Bible™" comes AFTER ALL the other ones... And if it was so 'pure' why the revisions and rewrites?

You keep saying the bible was copied, evidence???

edit on 10-9-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
if i had to guess cattle was big business for the priests in the first temple. People brought cattle to sacrifice to god from all over the countryside. In fact, if you didn't bring one there were markets where you could buy calves for sacrifice. In fact, they had low-cost options if you couldn't afford bulls. You could also buy sheep or goats and turtledoves or pigeons. The level of sacrifice needed depends on why you were making the sacrifice. For example huge sacrifices for things like weddings. There was actually two types of sacrifices one where everyone shared think giant BBQ. The other burnt offerings where nothing was left to share. But the big point is an entire industry formed around the sacrifice of animals. So it doesn't surprise me the priests were going to show animals everywhere at the temple.

In fact there were so many animal sacrifices that it was said priests were in blood up to their waists. This would have to be the largest slaughterhouse in human history.
edit on 9/10/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

oh yeaahh??then why are you excluding him like he really said bad things now then? he was speaking his point of conversation too. and he was writing long posts. we need to read long posts sonetimes. somebody need to do this thinking thing.
edit on 10-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

this gives chuckles..doesnt it? you did this on purpose?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Uhhhh, what?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Because religion was made up by crazy people?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

no.they arent crazy.they are very nice and friendly. so, we understand these cows are holding or supporting a body of water.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
water itself is very gentle and friendly entity. which shows these cows are pretty much so also. but then why some bull killing in mithra thing? to support the water body in another way probably.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
oh it vanished again.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
they are like parts of the same element. the bull and water. but if you remove bulls and break the support..you release that much of water...hmm. it is spoilt. hmm no, maybe you get some air type of thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok, back to the original question. Mormon temples have baptismal fonts held up by 12 cows/bulls/oxen, whatever. Per their description, the oxen represent the 12 tribes of Israel among other things.

Why are oxen used in the design of our temples’ baptismal fonts?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Mountainmeg

exciting link
shows nice folks in your group. say hi to them from me too

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Aleph + Lamed

EL (EL, ELyon, ELohim) was the Biblical epithet for the Most High before YHWH.

In the Paleo-Hebrew script, the Semitic letter Aleph was written with the pictograph of an ox head. Furthermore, the Canaanite deity known as EL was depicted with oxen horns.

All an allusion to the Egyptians Apis Bull? Minoan Bull-Jumping ritual? The astrological Age of Taurus?

edit on 9/10/18 by Sahabi because: It’s my prerogative

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Every religion since Gobekli Tepe has worshiped the cow. No wonder (see: Magic Mushrooms).

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't ALL Chris†ian™ soldiers read ChristianityToday™?

www.christianitytoday.com...

And 'Yeah' Noah just 'seems' to be a lot like Gilgamesh...

www.gotquestions.org...

Go knock on some doors, because God needs folks out collecting fee$ to believe...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Electric universe the cow is a holder of much energy.

If you follow the energy it leads back to britan is running the electric show.

No offense to our great britan posters.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Out of the Arbahamic Religions, Christainity is the only one that did not have or allow blood sacrifices to be committed as a form of worship.

Which probably one of the reasons it got so popular, I mean more food for the poor right?

Hope all the sacrifices are in vain to summon rain, and the idiots that beleive will starve to death for being so stupid.

Btw, isn't sacrifice out lawd by the ten commandments for it being polytheistic in origin. I mean, it why Moses murdered a bunch idolators. What would killing a cow have to do with the son of Israel any ways, when he said to be the sacrificial lamb.

What waste of beef.

edit on 10-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

i made a sandwich picture??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join