It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the cow depicted in the Temple arrangement of Israel?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read the cow prophecy of Enoch?

Enoch chapter 88:12-17

"Then the white cow, which became a man, went out of the ship, and the three cows with him. One of the three cows was white, resembling that cow; one of them was red as blood; and one of them was black. And the white cow left them. Then began wild beasts and birds to bring forth. Of all these the different kinds assembled together, lions, tigers, wolves, dogs, wild boars, foxes, rabbits and the hanzar. The siset, kites, the phonkas and ravens. Then a white cow was born in the midst of them."

The story continues to allude to the creation of the nation of Israel through animal symbolism. The cows represent leaders and the sheep represent those who follow them. The Egyptians were depicted as wolves. I always thought it was strange that the Israelites would sometimes revert back to cow worship. There is the case of building the golden calf at Mt. Sinai. Then second case is when the northern ten tribe kingdom of Israel set up two golden calves after they apostatized from Jerusalem.

Another strange thing to note is the Molten Sea basin of the Tabernacle temple was held up by 12 cows or oxen. No other animal is depicted in the temple arrangement. Why is the cow given special treatment with the temple?

Molten Sea

Can you please explain your personal views as to why God wanted 12 cows to hold up the Molt Sea.

Thanks to ATS member "LookingAtMars" for getting this idea out in the forum.

edit on 9-9-2018 by lostinspace because: added credit to LookingAtMars

edit on 9-9-2018 by lostinspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

The cow is sacred to Hindus, and other religions. This will be an interesting thread to follow.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The cow is sacred to Hindus, and other religions. This will be an interesting thread to follow.

Yeah the Hindus................ I read somewhere that Judaism and its babies Christians and Muslims aren't they all originally from India? There are many similarities like the cow?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have a better question.

Why do people believe this nonsense still?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Can you please explain your personal views as to why God wanted 12 cows to hold up the Molt Sea.

Why speculate when your Molten Sea link says that the twelve oxen represent the twelve signs of the Zodiac?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace

Your entire premise is based upon a fallacy. Enoch is not in Bible Canon, for very good reasons, and, very arguably, God didn't want it in His Holy Bible, if you're a person of faith that believes God can preserve His word, that the Creator of the entire universe would also know how to write a reliable book He, in turn, does hold people responsible for its entire contents, to the extent all scripture is proclaimed inspired truth and to be studied.

To say God wanted anything, based on Enoch, is like asking why ancient aliens wanted the Egyptians to make pyramids, when you can no more say God wanted anything such than say aliens were the cause of the pyramids. You're baiting everything with a false premise, that God wanted cows in the temple. If you can show cow statues in the Canonical temple design, knock yourself out, though pardon if I don't hold my breath for that.

In short, your premise is a fraud, out of the gate, and it's a bad thing, a very bad thing, to attribute any lie to God, the sort of thing the devil gets up to. Maybe you can tell everybody why you're trying to push holy cows on Jews and Christians, from a source outside the Bible? Without any clarification you're trying to sell stuff form the apocrypha, the whole body of which is filled with all sorts of nonsense, much fake scripture?
edit on 9-9-2018 by Scrutinizing because: clarification

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

originally posted by: lostinspace

Your entire premise is based upon a fallacy. Enoch is not in Bible Canon, for very good reasons, and, very arguably, God didn't want it in His Holy Bible, if you're a person of faith that believes God can preserve His word, that the Creator of the entire universe would also know how to write a reliable book He, in turn, does hold people responsible for its entire contents, to the extent all scripture is proclaimed inspired truth and to be studied.

To say God wanted anything, based on Enoch, is like asking why ancient aliens wanted the Egyptians to make pyramids, when you can no more say God wanted anything such than say aliens were the cause of the pyramids. You're baiting everything with a false premise, that God wanted cows in the temple. If you can show cow statues in the Canonical temple design, knock yourself out, though pardon if I don't hold my breath for that.

In short, your premise is a fraud, out of the gate, and it's a bad thing, a very bad thing, to attribute any lie to God, the sort of thing the devil gets up to. Maybe you can tell everybody why you're trying to push holy cows on Jews and Christians, from a source outside the Bible? Without any clarification you're trying to sell stuff form the apocrypha, the whole body of which is filled with all sorts of nonsense, much fake scripture?

God did not tell the people making the Bible, do not put Enoch in it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

How do you know very God did not, in fact, make sure there is a reliable Bible? So you don't think He preserved His word, such that all the nonsense contradictions of the apocrypha are, in fact, disallowed? God inspired, breathed scripture through holy men of God, but can't inspire the putting together of those books? Your god is really weird and an utterly pitiful incompetent, that can create the known universe, but is unable to write a reliable owner's manual? Goes to all the trouble, of all that authentic scripture, to be at a loss and powerless how to assemble it?

But, based on your reasoning, I suppose God didn't tell anybody not to include Batman in the Bible, either, so why don't you start a conversation of a bat cave, under the temple?
edit on 9-9-2018 by Scrutinizing because: clarification

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

what i had in mind while started reading. there is really a thing called holy cow.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

because.maybe we have a common mind somewhere and we remember each others' dreams.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

wait a minute? ox and cow are the same thing? i dont think so.is it? well if so, i need to think about it.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If God was a gangster... Then cows would be bullies.
Strong. Beautiful. And wise enough to know it's a fight. Amidst the lights of the worlds... There is constant war. And in those days bullies prevailed.
Golden simply suggests a form of light which radiated from the bully. He shone like the sun. Meaning his rage was marvelous. There is a bigger picture however... And it involves city states trying to rise out of the darkness an into salvation. With a couple thousand bullies you're in the throes of success. It's really just comedy. Albeit divine.

Laugh til it hurts. Then cry a bit. Then thank your lucky stars for bullies who in pure hearted sense fight the good fight for the good of the whole.

ETA: I am a liar.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

man, there is such a thing. the holy cow thing is true and first time i saw it might have a place somewhere around judaism. and oxens and stuff are extras in the thread. good read thanks.unfortunately i am not able to further the scrutiny somehow.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ever hear the term phrase: your yellow.
In reference to fear. So shines the golden yellow phobias of the many slain by the bull.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Molten Sea [of People]. Upheld by the wrath of the bullies.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

originally posted by: SR1TX

How do you know very God did not, in fact, make sure there is a reliable Bible? So you don't think He preserved His word, such that all the nonsense contradictions of the apocrypha are, in fact, disallowed? God inspired, breathed scripture through holy men of God, but can't inspire the putting together of those books? Your god is really weird and an utterly pitiful incompetent, that can create the known universe, but is unable to write a reliable owner's manual? Goes to all the trouble, of all that authentic scripture, to be at a loss and powerless how to assemble it?

But, based on your reasoning, I suppose God didn't tell anybody not to include Batman in the Bible, either, so why don't you start a conversation of a bat cave, under the temple?

God has not ever told anyone anything. Lot's of humans though, have had delusions through history. The Bible is no different.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Zerobabble was a king in Israel.
He didn't talk much.
But he did say "silence is golden".

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

hmm..i like the way you think

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

man, there is such a thing. the holy cow thing is true and first time i saw it might have a place somewhere around judaism. and oxens and stuff are extras in the thread. good read thanks.unfortunately i am not able to further the scrutiny somehow.

Now that you mention the further scrutiny thing, look at the picture. The golden cows have horns, right? Therefore, a little more scrutiny, and you would also see that it's all, clearly, a lot of bull.

This thread does now make me fell a little better about the flat earther one, though. Maybe you two could get together, have cows and oxen falling off the edge of the earth in a thread?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

this was funny
no, really sometimes i cant think much. but i googled and yes they are same it seems.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join