It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Doom. . . . I mean Florence

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The Weather Channel is very much about ratings. When storm after atorm is over hyped, it makes people complacent when a real monster ofva storm happens.

I think I made it clear that Florence is a storm that will likely live up to the hype.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A screen shot of Windy this morning shows a pretty turbulent Atlantic. Hope these other formations do not amount to anything like Flo.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As an internet expert, I can safely say that Hurricane Florence will reach a Category 14 with Zombie Sharknado's.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Think long term in worst case scenario of the effects this could have to national security this could have in relation to our military.From what i gather we have many assets in the area that could be out of commission for a while. No need for details on that but hopefully leaders are thinking outside the box on this one. Coupled with the ramping up of tensions with syria we could be vulnerable is steps are not taken.

You won't see anything strategic left out on the tarmac in any installation that is at or near the landfall. They will have been moved to facilities out of harm's way. Scary are the private small airports where there is not enough cover to protect small craft. They need to be moved as well.

Yea there are several assets coming my way.

They have been arriving for a day or so.

You make a good point about the small craft that are not moved.

They are saying on the telly that several disposal sites are at risk. I hope that does not get out of hand.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As an internet expert, I can safely say that Hurricane Florence will reach a Category 14 with Zombie Sharknado's.

So now your gonna downplay zombie sharks?

I think we have some recent footage from the area.

This is no joke.

or is it?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

TWC will likely soon roll out their ocean currents hype machine to show Florence ramping up to CAT-5 just before "slamming" the coast. "Warm water right off-shore and an extended continental shelf, will combine to maximimize destructive power of _________!" TWC has done this on several occassions... yet the SE Coast and Cities are still there.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So will the powers that be help the ratings just so long and then knock down the storm with HAARP before landfall so as to mitigate destruction, as they did in Hawaii?
Or did they create this monster to begin with?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

... yet the SE Coast and Cities are still there.

That is not true.

No one actually lives in places like "North Carolina" or "New Jersey".

These are actually made up names like Narnia or Australia.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, at 2pm Eastern, it is a Cat 3, which is good news. Whether or not it goes back up is good for a lot of conjecture. One thing that you can readily see, is that the hurricane keeps shedding outer shells and the moisture is not returning in the spin. This is a good thing, as if this behavior keeps up, it could be a 2 or even a 1 when it makes landfall. Let's hope.
edit on 12-9-2018 by charlyv because: s

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I live in path in Jones county right on highway 17 my mother refuses to go and my next door neighbor who is nine months pregnant are refusing to go to shelters so I am going to be stuck taking care of them and the girls to toddlers I am debating in my head roasting a turkey and while they sleeping off turkey nap throwing them all in girls car and dragging them all to car and making for shelter.
As long as I have service and power I Wii keep making storm reports.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: DBCowboy

I live in path in Jones county right on highway 17 my mother refuses to go and my next door neighbor who is nine months pregnant are refusing to go to shelters so I am going to be stuck taking care of them and the girls to toddlers I am debating in my head roasting a turkey and while they sleeping off turkey nap throwing them all in girls car and dragging them all to car and making for shelter.
As long as I have service and power I Wii keep making storm reports.

Madness.

Go away.

Now.

Be gone with all of you!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: carewemust

... yet the SE Coast and Cities are still there.

That is not true.

No one actually lives in places like "North Carolina" or "New Jersey".

These are actually made up names like Narnia or Australia.

As an Aussie I chuckled heartily at that.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

not every body watches the weather channel you know. And its not like they manufacture fake weather reports to get people to buy bottled water and generators. This idea of yours is just absurd. The whole world isnt a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I am now in the clear as far as I can tell. I dont think we will even lose power.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

She has a big hole...i mean eye.

Ignore the space willy....i mean lens debris.
edit on 12-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Never said it was a giant conspiracy.

I have been watching the Weather Channel since the late 1980's and a lot has changed. They name every cold front as Winter Storm xyz, the do hype a lot of minor weather events like a weak tropical storm, even areas of disturbed weather.

You are trying to tell me they do this because they are trying to save lives, which is partially true but the also want ratings and dramatizing certain weather events gets better ratings and more advertsing dollars.

It is important to note, that when weaker storm systems get over hyped, the general population gets complacent and is much less likely to head warning when an actual monster storm is taking aim at them.

Being a Florida native, I have seen how fast people panic and rush to the stores when a preliminary forecast shows a storm taking aim. More often than not the storm misses and people actually take back the supplies to place like Wal-Mart(that have a no questions asked return policy) instead of keeping those supplies for the next threat.

It is a bit of insanity but over hyping or making preliminary forecasts aka wishcasts are not good for anyone.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If there is any conspiracy, it's that they need everyone to believe that every weather event is totally unprecedented because of Global Warming.

Even this hurricane they are calling unprecedented when there have been four others like it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
eye wall on that hurricane doesn't look to strong, going to rain a lot

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
the local channel-of-record is WBTW in Florence SC (for the broadcast area from Myrtle Beach SC to Wilmington NC)

that is the landfall region of the Carolinas which has been overly hyped on TV since the Storm suddenly developed into a Cat. 4 on Monday the 10th of Sept.

in one looped segment of local news, Tuesday morning, the new landfall moved some 10 miles northward of Wilmington NC (the storm was still 1000+ miles out at sea)

Suddenly on Wed morning the storm (still some 700-900 miles out) changed course in a more southernly direction at or on the SC/NC border itself

by 8-9 AM local time at Myrtle Beach, the local station broadcast that a newer 'model' shows the Cat 4 storm moving N.W. @ 17 mph But before landfall at Cape Fear (aka: Wilmington NC) the storm makes a 90 degree left turn to graze the SC coast from Myrtle Beach all the way to Charleston SC...staying just offshore as a Cat. 3 the whole distance --> insuring that 150 miles of coastline is inundated like being hit by a 15+ foot Tsunami

Is a underwater explosion being used to make an example of 'hurricane False-Flag' at SC ? is this a Lindsay Graham 2.0 event that he once promised to be hitting the Charleston Harbor if his NeoCon-Hawkish wishes were not met concerning the M.E.

the sensationalism, the propaganda spouted by local & state leadership over the last 96 hours … makes one want to Scream ! this drama is plain sicko...the magpie speeches are textbook hype... leave the beach or more than likely suffer Ultimately...

NEWSCAST PARAPHRASED: the several feet of rain/157 mph winds/ and immediate return to the beach after-the-storm is Guaranteed...1400 Guardsmen are here for your security...
You only have till 2 PM on Thursday to Evacuate & thus save your lives...

i thought hurricane Hugo was a sham....this 'Florence' is even more absurd... i think the storm will tend to follow the warm Gulf Stream Current in a Northern direction to the Hatteras strip of land/sand
eastern time: 4:55 pm

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You should head out to the barrier islands and report back to us once the false flag is over.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join