It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to cherrypick forums in Recent Posts or myATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I'm going down the 'favourite forum' click route in myATS.
Cheers dude, I can pretend the US politics bull# doesn't exist.

Slight off-topic but the number one thing I hate on ATS is that bloody US Political Madness forum.

I just don't quite get why the US gets one but the UK/EU/Auzi/NZ/Canada ect don't get one.

I would much rather spend time in a UK politics forum....

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Slight off-topic but the number one thing I hate on ATS is that bloody US Political Madness forum.

I just don't quite get why the US gets one but the UK/EU/Auzi/NZ/Canada ect don't get one.

Because none of those places are real.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You not travelled or something fella?
Those places exist.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Sheye
Why chill out? I have not been agitated.
No need to invent emotional intentions to my posts lol.

You’re clearly agitated about the amount of political mud pit threads or you wouldn’t have started this one.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

they are really relevant. what you need to do ia just read and cerry pick among what op said and do the same for the rest of the thread.it is really fun.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nope, I'm calm and chilled. Any suggestion otherwise would be projecting.
Please try again amigo

...starting a reasoned and rational thread is not being agitated, it is starting a conversation.
You should try being rational and reasoned maybe?
edit on 9-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Please try again amigo

...starting a reasoned and rational thread is not being agitated, it is starting a conversation.

Now that’s assuming and projecting.. you’re the one calling threads bull# , and generally showing your displeasure. I merely pointed it out.. so now your gaslighting.

See ya 👎🏼

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

they are really relevant. what you need to do ia just read and cerry pick among what op said and do the same for the rest of the thread.it is really fun.

I agree totally with you.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Please try again amigo

Now that’s assuming and projecting.. you’re the one calling threads bull# , and generally showing your displeasure. I merely pointed it out.. so now your gaslighting.

See ya 👎🏼

Nope, all I asked was if there was a way to avoid seeing mudpit threads in my recent posts.
Everything else you invented lol.
You seem desperate to find an argument against me lol, silly billy, all I asked was a question.
If you can't answer the question then I wonder why you are still whining?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Fairly good for someone whose posts belong in the Mud-Pit
Even the ones here in the "Start Here" Forum

edit on 9/9/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why do you think my posts belong in the mud pit forum?
I have been respectful and reasoned here simply asking advice if there was a way to avoid seeing that forum in recent posts.
The angry face emoticon you used seems strange, I'm unsure why you would be angry about me asking a simple question

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
US left/right bull# is all the mudpit is. Pity that won't be removed in my opinion.
It is lame as #.

Can't disagree with you there. It's a pretty self-centered forum here as far as American-centric goes, considering ATS fancies itself an international forum to begin with.

It's been mentioned before that there used to be a way to hide the forums on the Recent list that you couldn't give any feces less about, but they took that treasure away. There's some customization via MyATS, but its sorely lacking, IMO. Nothing beats the old Recent list "Hide" button, nothing.

ATS might not exist to "make Brits happy", as some previous poster said, but it used to do a good job at making everyone fairly happy with interest customization freedom.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Why chill out? I have not been agitated.
No need to invent emotional intentions to my posts lol.

You’re clearly agitated about the amount of political mud pit threads or you wouldn’t have started this one.

What is there to not understand and assume is agitation? Methinks you go looking for it where there is none.

Simply put, he's more than free to express dismay at not being able to block what doesn't interest him from the main list. We USED to have that ability, and it blows not having it anymore. No offense to our writers, but I'm using that forum as an example -- I don't care about any contests or poetry or stories for the most part, and would rather they never appear in my list at all. I did used to block them, it was wonderful not having forums I had no interest in not showing.

Does this make any sense?
edit on 9/10/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

US left/right bull# is all the mudpit is. Pity that won't be removed in my opinion.
It is lame as #.

That is your personal opinion , but ATS doesn’t exist to make the Brits happy.

Or Americans, something some of you seem to forget at times.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
The Mud pit is like a Mosh pit. Many come to vent and troll, some come with level heads. Since around the time of 0bama, it has became a destination for many. I don't care for it though I do use it. As of late better topics that were the mainstay of Above Top Secret have come back. Mysterious things, things much less pedantic than politics.. My curosity is where do the trash bin topics go ? are they efectively erased/exited ? A lot of us don't like change, so you will hear greivences quite alot. The audience is the 'Author' here, so admin can only moderate and suggest, and by and large they are fair and do a good job. A bit of provocative material still gets a pass. I'd rate ATS ...PG for the most part. Still, we are community and mostly friends.... that is if we use the Mud Pit in moderation.

Dude, I have to tell you, I originally only quoted your post to be able to read it but I thought I should let you know, that brown colour your text is, makes it very hard for me to read. I've got a colour blindness that seems to lie somewhere in the middle of the more traditional colour blindnesses. Wonder if it's just me.

To the OP thanks for raising this, I've oft wondered the same thing x

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

What is there to not understand and assume is agitation? Methinks you go looking for it where there is none.

I understood his question, but the why was because of bull# used in more than a few posts to express his frustration with certain threads and forums.

To me that denotes agitation... 🤷🏻‍♀️
edit on 10-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
It's been mentioned before that there used to be a way to hide the forums on the Recent list that you couldn't give any feces less about, but they took that treasure away. There's some customization via MyATS, but its sorely lacking, IMO. Nothing beats the old Recent list "Hide" button, nothing.
That sounds like the good ol' days

originally posted by: djz3ro
To the OP thanks for raising this, I've oft wondered the same thing
No worries, strange how the feature was removed though, I'd love to be able to switch off the mudpit from recent posts. Sometimes the page is full of it, and most of them are just tired old hate/love Trump arguments.

I am not agitated when I call the mudpit a bull# forum, it's my calm considered opinion. Trump only has to fart and there's a thread up complaining it doesn't smell of roses. Nope, it's a distraction to me but I am in no way emotionally affected by having to scroll past such crap.
I speak like that in real life, and so long as I don't attempt to evade the word filter I'm not breaching t&c's.
Even if I was agitated (which I'm not) what relevance would it have to my query asking if forums can be removed from recent posts?
My emotional state is not the topic, just the question relating to board functions.
I've had useful answers and have adapted 'myATS' which is handy to know, but I'm not complaining that the function was removed, it is what it is, and you would be better served sticking to my questions in future instead of your perception of my emotional state. That is irrelevant and off topic.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
No offense to our writers, but I'm using that forum as an example -- I don't care about any contests or poetry or stories for the most part, and would rather they never appear in my list at all. I did used to block them, it was wonderful not having forums I had no interest in not showing.

I'm happy to hear this. I am so gonna send you that sappiest poems from now on.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I know you hate poems
And you smell

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It is lame as #.

That is your personal opinion , but ATS doesn’t exist to make the Brits happy.

Or Americans, something some of you seem to forget at times.

Yes indeed. If I ran this site I would seek to attract a full international membership as equals. The site is clearly biased towards US interests, which is strange when an original founder of ATS is from England.
Dedicated "US political madness" but the rest of the world gets "Regional Politics" lol, but I'm straying off-topic now, maybe a new question for a new thread in Board Business & Questions?
Actually, I'd better use 'search' and see if there's already a similar query, wouldn't want some troll to moan at me for asking the same thing, you know how some folk love to nit-pick anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

and you would be better served sticking to my questions in future instead of your perception of my emotional state. That is irrelevant and off topic.

Actually it’s not irrelevant, considering you talked about it in your OP.
You and another are what keeps draggin me in here due to defending myself.
So let’s just leave it be, because I can be as stubborn as you, which means nobody will get the last word. 😜
Have a good one CCG.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join