It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa extremist groups are trying to recruit school children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My reply was to you suggesting that high-schoolers are children

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Collage or highschool is irrelevant here folks. They are targeting people who are naive to what antifa really is.

Typical to see people here actually defending antifa. Likely because similar recruitment tactics. Antifa is like a cult more than anything.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Antifa is a reaction - and it's on the rise world wide for a reason. One could just as easily say that people are naive when they join far right movements - which are also on the rise

Where we'll all end up is anybody's guess

edit on 9/9/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: JAY1980

Antifa is a reaction - and it's on the rise world wide for a reason. One could just as easily say that people are naive when they join far right movements - which are also on the rise

Where we'll all end up is anybody's guess

Neither group is "on the rise". Fractional minority at best. Do you even know a single thing about the "alt right"?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Neither group is "on the rise". Fractional minority at best. Do you even know a single thing about the "alt right"?

What does on the rise mean?

:-)

You're funny. Go ahead and tell me all you know about the alt right

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What does on the rise mean?

:-)

You're funny. Go ahead and tell me all you know about the alt right

Their numbers rank in the 1000s. Barely a percentage point in the national population. I wouldn't call this a "rise in numbers. A few groups making noise at rallies isn't a movement. In any case, have you bothered to read what the alt right is about? They're about as organized as Antifa. Neither side can produce a cohesive agenda. It's scattered at best, and opposing at worst.
edit on 9-9-2018 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If you are a fascist, Brown Shirt, you likely start recruiting kids. It is a standard tactic of the Left Wing throughout history.

or right wing...

gotta speak the truth...hitler youth, red scarfs, yellow scarfs, national Balilla organization....just to name a few. Like I said in my post above...it's what fundies and extremists do ...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

My reply was to you suggesting that high-schoolers are children

Right, they only count as children when it's needed as a talking point to restrict the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

In any case, have you bothered to read what the alt right is about?

I have - and I don't agree with your assessment. You should never start out assuming someone is ignorant

I'm sure part of the reason is because we all have different opinions on what right and far right actually mean - same for the left. We also disagree about where we all fall on that scale

It also matters what part of the world we're talking about

Antifa exists for a reason. it doesn't really matter that they're a small percentage of any population, just as it doesn't matter that the people they oppose aren't the larger part of the population

They both market an idea - and ideas catch fire once in a while

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would say this article is clearly grasping at straws... but straws are illegal now

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So, doing your research you would know that BAMN is not "Antifa"

I mean, it talks about it in the article

"BAMN, which did not return a phone call and voicemail seeking comment, was founded by the Revolutionary Workers League, a small, Detroit-based Marxist organization."

"“The Revolutionary Workers League is a Trotskyist organization of which I’m a member,” Luke Massie, one of BAMN’s founders told the Michigan Daily in 2001. “We are proud to have played a part in a whole lot of struggles and to have played a role in the founding of BAMN.”"

No mention of "Antifa" anywhere...

Oh, and just for the record, BAMN can get bashed with the rest of them, most anarchists are not fond of BAMN anyway...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

So. Nothing to add. Ok. I guess we're done here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join