It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa extremist groups are trying to recruit school children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Far-left extremist groups like antifa are all over Twitter and Facebook. And even though they blatantly violate their Terms of Service, these far-left groups appear to get a pass. One antifa account in particular, Antifa International, is now using their Twitter account to to try and recruit and radicalize school children. Considering that many antifa extremist were radicalized by their Marxist professors, this strategy of targeting young impressionable children seems like a logical next step.

In this blog post, they offer advice on how young inspiring revolutionaries can start a campus organization and recruit for their cause:

"A lot of us are back at school this week. Most of our schools have student clubs of one kind or another, dealing with different interests. Many of those clubs are of a political variety. So why not start some form of an antifa student club at your school?
There are some real advantages to forming a club like this. It can give you access to meeting spaces and a large body of interested people. It can allow you to bring in antifa speakers or hold antifa film nights or even conferences. It can set you up to raise funds for anti-fascist causes. It can give you a reason to reach out to and collaborate with like-minded and related student clubs on a more-formal basis.
But there are also drawbacks. It can attract the attention of fash/the authorities. It’s harder to remain anonymous when you might have to elect a board or fill out official forms. So consider carefully whether or not this is a good idea or what you’d have to do to ensure everyone’s safety while still pulling this off."

They also instruct them that it may be beneficial to use a more innocuous name as opposed to something like “Students for Violent Communist Insurrection”:
1) Consider if this is a safe and feasible idea. Would it put you or other members in jeopardy? If you went with a more innocuous name like “Students Against Bigotry & Oppression (SABO!)” or something instead of using an explicity anti-fascist name, would that alleviate trouble? If you want to discuss specific security concerns with us, get in touch!

farleftwatch.com...

Okay then.

Antifa is recruiting children.

While I don't see anything illegal about this, I find it disturbing nonetheless. Parents should just be aware of this because I see antifa as an anti-freedom movement. I see them as fascist. They ignore or are directly against Constitutional freedoms and liberties afforded to all.

They (antifa) certainly have a right to speak, but they do not feel the same about any group they don't align with.

They have shown that they do not want a 1st Amendment and will use violence or the threat of violence to silence anyone else.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The democrats have been doing it for decades. That's their game, though- just one more inch. Just one more law, just one more bite out of freedom.

They want the whole cake, and they're getting it one piece at a time

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Antifa is recruiting children.

Fundies have been recruiting children since, well, forever. It actually makes a ton of sense from the standpoint of indoctrination, and teaching core beliefs. What do you think childrens bible class or sunday school is really about? Why do you think that fundamentalists of all sizes and shapes want children in summer camp, or training with religious "scholars?"

So to hear that antifa is recruiting kids...just par for the course really. It might be a bit disturbing, but isn't that what parenting is about? Preventing/explaining/preparing kids for idealogical issues like this?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They like children.
BAMN (Antifa) has been associated with NAMBLA in the past.
dailycaller.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Where does it say they are recruiting Children?

I clicked on this thread thinking something shown would clearly state children but, at least what is quoted in the OP, says students and that could just as easy be college as it is high-school.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I guess high school aged people aren't children?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

"A lot of us are back at school this week. Most of our schools have student clubs of one kind or another, dealing with different interests. Many of those clubs are of a political variety. So why not start some form of an antifa student club at your school?

This sounds like college.
So legal adults, not kids.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The club’s meetings may not be conducted or controlled by people from outside the school such as pastors, parents, or representatives of other outside groups. Such persons may attend student meetings from time to time, but not on a regular basis. As with all visitors to any APS school, they must report to the principal’s office before attending any club meeting or activity.

Not only that, the students need to follow strict rules and have a monitor assigned to that particular activist or political group. So, I am wondering if students were left to their own devices then doing their own research then having debates would they still be likely to be influenced more to the radical side?

www.aps.edu... rriculum-related

edit on 19CDT10America/Chicago029101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If you are a fascist, Brown Shirt, you likely start recruiting kids. It is a standard tactic of the Left Wing throughout history.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Antifa is TRYING to recruit children.

Why jump to absolutes without proof?

Perhaps they are requiring someone to be 18?

Did you contact them?
edit on 9-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Right.

Because they are such polite people to engage in civilized conversations.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

My mistake - it is on twitter

not on facebook

edit on 9/9/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

i dunno

I think we may all have preconceived ideas about what they are and stand for.

I like the idea of standing up to fascist and authoritarianism but from what everyone says they are no about that so where is a person supposed to go in order to hang out with other like minded sons of liberty?

It is like every angle has been hijacked by posers. Sam Adams and the gang would say these politics we have today need a reboot. Perhaps we should burn some british ships or waste a bunch of tea.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes - my mistake - I had Facebook open so went there first

I'm actually surprised this is for real - reading through the tumblr post it doesn't say anything about age that I can find

Showing a young child in this post is definitely problematic

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
These kids who are obviously not socially accepted, join antifa just to feel part of something being with others who share the same loser-ness as the others. To physically hurt someone in a crowd (sucker punched or bike locked) just because they've been emotionally hurt somehow or teased on the playground for being a pimple faced loser comes full circle. They get their revenge on an innocent person and feel full inside having hurt/injured someone.

It's the same with those who troll ATS just looking for a fight or an argument finding great delight they have pissed someone off that day.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

antifainternational.tumblr.com...

I am not sure why they are showing a child in the ad, but it seems more geared to postsecondary students as per your link.

5) Some resources for you: -AFN’s list of resources for antifa crews (esp. in the UK!) -Our list of downloadable & printable flyers & info related to anti-fascism -Our list of the best places to pick up antifa gear -The Campus Antifascist Network would have lots of advice and ideas for those of you looking to start something @ your postsecondary institute of learning and already have info about starting a chapter @ your school! Get in touch with them!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No, they really aren't

If it's OK for them to join ROTC - Antifa is OK too

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

No, they really aren't

If it's OK for them to join ROTC - Antifa is OK too

I never said they couldn't or shouldn't.

I only question the honesty and sincerity of a group that is against the 1st Amendment and uses violence and the threat of violence to silence people with whom they disagree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join