It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Through anonymity comes the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Mods if this is in the wrong forum please correct my mistake and my apologies ahead of time.

So we are entering a time that will shape our future through anonymity and technology. I would like to start with 3D printing and how anybody can make essentially any fabricated item from the comfort of ones home. One example I would like to use is 3D printed guns. Now people can make a gun while sitting at home and for the most part the gun can get through most detections.

Now lets fast forward a few years into the FUTURE!!! When more people start buying into crypto currency they will also be introduced into what some call the “deep web”. When this starts to happen more people will realize that making pharmaceuticals at home with technologies similar to 3D printing is readily available. When all of this starts to happen and becomes much more mainstream we will see major corporations fighting back. Now this is when things will start to get interesting. Gun manufacturers and big pharma and lobbyists will start to worry and who knows what will happen. I have a fairly good idea of what big pharma will do but I digress.

Will this be good for the individual that can benefit from this technology...YES. Is it good for jobs....NO. It will be cool though IMHO.

So now how do you feel about this almost certainly inevitable future? Do you believe restrictions should be put in place to save jobs? Or should this happen to help the consumer get what they need without a HUGE markup?

It is a bit of a gray area I know but I am curious about what you guys and gals think.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
anonymity + future , Don't think so ,

remember big brother is watching , elite controlling the world but if you add ignorance to the equation it becomes.

anonymity + future + ignorance

then it suddenly makes 'sense'

and then we can 'open the doors of conception' to enter a 'brave new world' where 'work can make you free'.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You can´t just print a pill, there are chemical reactions that need to take place and other "trivial" stuff like filtering, purifying.

The most part of a pill is filler material, though.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

You can´t just print a pill, there are chemical reactions that need to take place and other "trivial" stuff like filtering, purifying.

The most part of a pill is filler material, though.

Trust me I know these things. But with PC’s and technology similar to a 3D printer and with the access to the chemicals needed one can make a pill that would normally cost them let’s say 60k a year for about 5k a year.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Add the price of your hardware, safety measurements and quality control, you probably end up with 60k a year again.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
yeah 3d printers are cool

What if it were possible to print out a brain or brick or maybe even brick and chick with a brain like a brick ?

edit on 992018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Add the price of your hardware, safety measurements and quality control, you probably end up with 60k a year again.

Well that’s why I added the FUTURE part. It won’t be long till this is reality. Now are we ready for it? And are the corporations that bank now ready for it?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No, now what could happen with anonymity is someone could come on the net (probably on a site like this) to illicit a brainstorm of ideas of what the future might bring (Because he's clearly out of ideas) that may lead to a future problem for his industry. Therefore short cutting the future problem and gaining kudos for himself for "coming up" with solution.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllaroundyouNow lets fast forward a few years into the FUTURE!!! more people will realize that making pharmaceuticals at home with technologies similar to 3D printing is readily available.

Or just move to any major developed nation which offers cheap or free drugs for people who need them.
Come to England, if you are working then your prescription drug will cost you £8.00 regardless of how much big pharma charge. If you are out of work then your prescription drug will be free.
I don't need a 3D printer for medicine, the NHS provides it dirt cheap to me.

Murica, the only major developed nation which doesn't provide universal healthcare to it's people.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Only for now Cornish, only for now. THEY want to bring in the US system. God help us if that happens. I was having a slight dig at the OP as he's an executive for a pharmaceutical firm. Though I don't think he gets it.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Anonymity!!!!

Where???

True anonymity these days falls into the same category as Unicorns and the Toothfairy I'm afraid.

Take your mobile phone, for instance, which records everywhere you go, everything you say and text, no matter how much you set them otherwise, whether or not you realize the fact or otherwise.

Meta information made Anonymity and untenable prospect sometime around the inception of the information age in which we now live.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

"I don't need a 3D printer for medicine, the NHS provides it dirt cheap to me."

Wait till Brexit bites and rather a few pharmaceuticals may become rather hard to procure, NHS or otherwise.

Truth is we will be lucky to recognize the NHS in 15-30 years time given its present orchestrated decline.
edit on 10-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

top topics

join