It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Outrage, Nike Sales Increased 31% After Kaepernick Ad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

This might taint the Russian Kool-Aid you're all drinking, and I know you don't like that, but I'll give it a go.

Russian internet trolls are trying to stoke the controversy in the U.S. over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem by using opposing hashtags such as #TakeAKnee and #BoycottNFL, a Senate Homeland Security Committee member said today.

"We watched even this weekend, the Russians and their troll farms, and their internet folks, start hash-tagging out 'take a knee' and also hash-tagging out 'Boycott NFL,'" Sen. James Lankford of (R-Oklahoma) said at a hearing where FBI Director Christopher Wray testified about some of his agency's work. “They're trying to push divisiveness in the country. We've continued to be able to see that, we will see that again in our election time."

abcnews.go.com... abcnews.go.com...

edit on 9/9/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

We all know there's propaganda coming from everywhere imaginable. Regardless, Rod Rosenstein himself said that their investigation didn't show that any interference effected the outcome of the 2016 elections. People are going to vote their heart and their guts no matter what anyone else says or tries to do.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

This might taint the Russian Kool-Aid you're all drinking, and I know you don't like that, but I'll give it a go.

Russian internet trolls are trying to stoke the controversy in the U.S. over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem by using opposing hashtags such as #TakeAKnee and #BoycottNFL, a Senate Homeland Security Committee member said today.

"We watched even this weekend, the Russians and their troll farms, and their internet folks, start hash-tagging out 'take a knee' and also hash-tagging out 'Boycott NFL,'" Sen. James Lankford of (R-Oklahoma) said at a hearing where FBI Director Christopher Wray testified about some of his agency's work. “They're trying to push divisiveness in the country. We've continued to be able to see that, we will see that again in our election time."

abcnews.go.com...

As I said, that is what the MSM would have you believe. MSM=ABC (btw your link does not work).
I do not mind the protest. He has the right to kneel if he wants just not in that setting. I (nor anyone I know) are allowed to protest at work. This is no different.
I have stopped watching the NFL, did so at the very start of this farce, college football is better anyway.
Why are you so worried about Russia?
The MSM has worked harder than anyone to divide this country and still are.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Thanks for bad link info. I think I repaired it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: MisterSpock

Feel free to come and work for me. I have an extra office now and it has a window!!!
We could use someone like you ya know. I’ll be able to start ya at 65K your first year!

I could use a change of scenery.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Nike stock value dropped $3 per share and then has leveled out at $2 per share loss. This is the big deal, not a one day surge in sales.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Brooks and Saucony have long been the best running shoes for the money. Unless you're running at an exceptionally high level and have gear donated or pay through the nose for running shoes.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk
Nike stock value dropped $3 per share and then has leveled out at $2 per share loss. This is the big deal, not a one day surge in sales.

Lost $3.75 Billion in valuation in hours.

But hey, they had a good weekend of sales, so I'm sure investors are thrilled...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

I pay for true quality. No issue dropping 250 on oakleys ever 5 to 10 years. No issue droppin 150 on a dna mod every 3 years.

But i aint dropping 100 on shoes that last 6 months.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Already got my pair of Kaepernick penny loafers on preorder!

But I digress...
I sure hope some of the money Collin is making off being a SJW is put towards some of the injustices he is always blathering on about.

Would that be to much to ask of this virtue signaling moron? Probably...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
At least the MAGA people are burning Nikes and not crosses.

I choose to see this as a win-win any way you look at it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In high school almost 30 years ago, I would buy a pair of running shoes heading into cross country, those shoes would last all season and through training for the following year.

Now I buy nikes and they are literally falling apart in 6 months and not wearable for any serious running after 3, the product sucks so they have to rely on gimmicks to keep sales.

Brooks are a good qaulity shoe at a better price if you are searching.

edit on 9-9-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I had a pair of Saucony in Europe they were fantastic just a bit pricey for an unemployed guy at the time.

Just got my first brooks on base back stateside I fricking love them, walking the dogs or running a cross country trail they rock.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
(Homer Simpson voice)
Mmmmmm....Russian Kool-Aid, almost as sweet as liberal tears

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join