It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Outrage, Nike Sales Increased 31% After Kaepernick Ad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I base my assumption that its a global brand, only half of the U.S may boycott them and I reckon a decent amount of people that burned their shoes will go buy more soon enough as they forget why they burnt them in the first place. From the global perspective the vast majority of people think trump is a joke and this decision will have absolutely no bearing at all on sales.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I bet the sales numbers are from Mexico and Central and South America.

Maybe Canada too.

💥😃💥

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Meh it was a lousy add and if people are running out to buy the product to virtue signal how awesome they are, we are well and truly borked as a species.

I stopped buying nike because the product has gone steadily down hill and the last few pairs of shoes I got from them lasted barely 2 months before they weren't really usable anymore.

This stupid ad campaign is just the icing on the cake, I think more people just buy nike because its a familiar brand not because its the best thing out there.

I just bought my first pair of brooks for running and its a far superior shoe than anything I have found with Nike in years.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Basketball season is about to start in High Schools and Colleges. Of course sales are up.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
See how racist you all are, thank ghod Nike swooped in for some profits.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Of course Nike doesn’t care if they burn shoes they already bought. The reason they do it is to show the world they’ll never buy Nike again. I’m ashamed to be wearing the ones on my feet right now. I can’t wait until they wear out.
Just looked down. I’m wearing doc martins. No wonder my feet hurt
edit on 9-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Investors only care about the EPS trend for about the prior 2 quarters. Any deviation from that could trigger a sell off. Even beating 4th qtr EPS, but by a lower percentage than the prior 3 quarters, could result in a 5 to 8 percent drop in share price. Investors don't care about anything else, least of all politics. Well see, but I wouldn't gamble on it, especially since any major indice fund would probably turn in 3 percent in the same time. Compared to the possibility of 5 percent ish on a quarterly beat compared to a 8 percent loss on a miss.

Politics doesnt really play well with stocks, money cares only about money. ATS and most of the topics that stream across it have no weight on the actual mechanisms of wealth.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I have no idea what you just said.
You know way more about this than I do apparently.
I’m not even sure which side you are arguing, but I will add this:
I think this boycott is different than all the other failed boycotts because people actually have to wear this product.
It’s not like the others when you boycott a store but secretly go when you hope no one is watching
Nike is a fashion statement and to me and a whole lot of other people they just became uncool

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Investors only care about the EPS trend for about the prior 2 quarters. Any deviation from that could trigger a sell off. Even beating 4th qtr EPS, but by a lower percentage than the prior 3 quarters, could result in a 5 to 8 percent drop in share price. Investors don't care about anything else, least of all politics. Well see, but I wouldn't gamble on it, especially since any major indice fund would probably turn in 3 percent in the same time. Compared to the possibility of 5 percent ish on a quarterly beat compared to a 8 percent loss on a miss.

Politics doesnt really play well with stocks, money cares only about money. ATS and most of the topics that stream across it have no weight on the actual mechanisms of wealth.

I think I have found my next Stock Market advisor

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Feel free to come and work for me. I have an extra office now and it has a window!!!
We could use someone like you ya know. I’ll be able to start ya at 65K your first year!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
My thoughts the long way around.

You Know....when the national anthem plays what do you feel. Do you let the power of the music lift your heart? As a retired military man and as a veteran I remember the many times while going to a movie on base the national anthem would play. Great scenes of military personnel and tanks and jets would be displayed in harmony with each beat of the music. I don't know about others but even though I was often miles and miles from home I did not feel alone. I felt the bond of every soldier and sailor and Airman who served with and around me even if I didn't like this individual or another. I felt shoulder to shoulder with every American who ever fought to make this country real. As I stand in a stadium, or at a concert with other Americans I feel our collective strength, dreams and future hopes and I contemplate the past lives of those who came before us and served to protect and provide and contribute to what was their home and our home today.
The flag, the anthem, the pledge of allegiance, are to me reminders of what the cost was that we might now enjoy life and our way in life. Tokens, symbols paid for with blood and lives and dreams lost in conflict. There is no American alive who has such position or stature that they would have the right, a real right to dishonor those who have paid this price.
I hate war, but we have had war and Americans have answered the call. If any such wars were unjust, then I hope that a special hell awaits the tyrants who waist lives, dreams and hopes of their fellow man. Our nation has gone through a maturing process and we are still growing. But we cannot wallow in past mistakes to the detriment of today. Especially when the true motive of this football player is less then genuine. Learn from the past, but when the crying is done live life better today then we did yesterday. Hey, I am a disabled veteran, I will never ever have a million dollar anything...I am content with that, I am asking for nothing. But you wealthy sports oriented career people, hey at least stand up when the music plays and thank in your heart those who fell that you might live life rich. That you can be called heroes even though you are not. As far as Nike...I will never have anything made by them again. As far as football, (which I love) I will be very selective in my support. As far as our nation, I will do my best with what life I have to support those who have the best chance in making the American dream real.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Blindmancc
Very well said, sir. You and others that came before you made this country real. And yes most of the country sees through his BS. His intentions are less than genuine. He says he has a problem with this country, yet he is one of the few who can actually afford to go live in any country he chooses. He says he has a problem with the racism in this country yet he was raised by white parents. He says he has a problem with the unfair disadvantages his race go through due to a inherently white supremisist society, yet he never even needed to be in the NFL due to his upper class upbringing.He knows more about priveledge than any person I’ve ever met. If the lies he spews were true, he wouldn’t be the one to know anything about it.
But you know what really grinds my gears about his views? He got all his idiotic views from his idiotic girlfriend.
I think I’d rather see him on his knees. That’s where P-whipped cowards like him belong

P.S. thank you for your service

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So a company doing well... with consumer confidence so high because of President Trump, this bodes well for the country.
Glad you are finally seeing the effects of Trump's work.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Im old. I wear dad shoes. New balance.

Just not cool enough for nike. Well...and their shoes fit only misshapen feet it seems

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

LOL! This article admits that the increase was only over a three day period compared to the same three day period last year. Let's see what happens from year to year!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

UnderArmor has been eating into the share of the established brands in at least clothing and gear for a while now.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Most people who can be easily duped

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We moved to the country exactly two years ago and our property needed to be cleared. I had work boots that seemed to heavy for the work at hand so I wore my only pair of New Balance 623's. I dropped trees and dragged the limbs to the burn pile over & over again for a solid month along with digging & raking to smooth out the lot. These shoes held up under the ruff work I put them thru. All said & done, I needed a new pair just because.

It must be 20 years ago someone at the office recommended New Balance to me. My wife & I decided we would try a pair each and we have never turned back. They were a good looking stylish shoe at a fraction of the price. Why do we pay so much for a popular brand just to look hip & cool? Plus...New Balance seemed to last forever in everyday life in the city.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
As a point of comparison, Nike sales increased 17% over the same weekend last year.

Wait 3 months and then show us the sales data.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Nobody wants to admit what it really means? People support him, and support what he's done.
Most people do.

Or so MSM would have you believe.
"Most people do"...........hmmmmmm.....not so much.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join