It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man ordered to marry off his niece as punishment for his adultery. His two-year-old niece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

MULTAN, Pakistan (AP) - A Pakistan village council has punished a 20-year-old man for adultery by ordering the betrothal of his two-year-old niece to the husband of the woman with whom he had the alleged affair, police said on Monday.

Tribal elders meeting last week also ordered Mohammed Akmal to pay a 230,000-rupee ($4,782 Cdn) fine to the woman's husband, who has since divorced his wife.

Police said that the council in Kacha Chohan village, about 350 kilometres west of Punjab province's major city of Multan, decreed that the two-year-old girl would be married to Mohammed Altaf when she turns 18.

Rashid Rahman, a lawyer and Multan-based co-ordinator with the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, condemned the village council's decision.

"These types of panchayats are illegal and nobody has the right to take a decision about a child's life," he said. "This country has its legal system and all decisions should be taken under it."

Wow, just wow, what can you say about idiocy like this? It beggars belief
And it gets better

In 2002, another village council near Multan ordered a woman to be gang-raped as punishment for her brother's sexual relations with another woman.

A court later convicted six men who perpetrated the rape and sentenced them to death. They are appealing their sentences.

I'm absolutely speechless. How anyone can be considered a 'wise elder', in any society, when they hand out sentences like this is mind boggling

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Sorry man, this is a repeat. You should try the Search Engine on the site before posting something you think someone beat you to.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out the ATSNN Thread above, it's the same thing you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
whoops my bad. apologies

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
No need to apologize...the search is a good tool to make sure your posts are not repititious and origional...

hearing about the gang-rape thing is really sick though...the other article didn't have anything about that...there are many, many atrocities out there in the world

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Actually, there can be parallel posts on both ATS and ATSNN as they are while linked seperate entities. So this thread is fine.
FredT

Edit: However, it is always good practice to do a search before posting to make sure its not alread an active thread here on ATS.

[edit on 2/23/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Many thanks guys. One thing I didnt do however was post a link. My bad again

here it is

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The onebrows know how to speak the law. Is there something in the koran about cases like this, i mean alla is the wisest as we often heard from those freaks. im sure he is happy with how his followers treat there women, at least the 2 year old wasnt beheaded.
//sarcasm off

i as a european citizen(not the 51st state) do not understand why there is so much hate and negative press against the usa in europe while little cases like this ore the beheadings are mostly ignored!?

[edit on 23-2-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
this is really sick to be honest,
surely the UN has to say something about this.

new topics

top topics

join