It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative's should be supporting Colin Kaepernak

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Racism exists, they turn that into everything is all about race and the flag oppresses them. It's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No. Nobody should respect him until he respects the country that made him.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

They don't because they weren't told to. They were hoodwinked into thinking this was anti-American.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks

How easily we forget ...

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

But please keep telling us how he's not taking a dump on the whole country.

You got me.

Still, I don’t see that as taking a dump on the whole country at all. Taken in the larger context of what he was saying clearly that flag represents something different to him than it does to you. Symbols are like that.

Remember, not everyone is going to think like you. And shouldn’t be expected to. (Paraphrasing your words)

There you go. Moving the goal posts again.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Why are we trying to force people to worship our government with a national anthem #1 and #2 when did conservative's become pro government tyranny?

When people flirt with national pride and slowly skirt into extreme nationalism, you start to see people rooting for the government over citizens.

Edit: I'm not pro or anti Kapernick, as he played a game and didn't get in any legal trouble, merely employers didn't find his stunts on their dime savory for business.
edit on 9-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Why are we trying to force people to worship our government with a national anthem #1 and #2 when did conservative's become pro government tyranny?

Edit: I'm not pro or anti Kapernick, as he played a game and didn't get in any legal trouble, merely employers didn't find his stunts on their dime savory for business.

On top of the fact he was another Johnny Manziel. More hype than skill on the field. Niner fans treated him like a god. Until he lost them their Superbowl. At least Manziel is playing in the Canadian league.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You think I worship the government because I feel a sense of national pride?

That's about as ignorant as anything Kaepernick ever said.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You think I worship the government because I feel a sense of national pride?

That's about as ignorant as anything Kaepernick ever said.

Was your name included in my post?

I wasn't trying to imply that all conservatives think that way, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me this isn't starting to trend with some.

The patriot act was the biggest power grab in my lifetime. All of our communication is reordered. We've spent about 6 trillion on wars in the middle east, many of those countries never attacked us.

The government has sent whistle blowers to jail for letting the public know of criminal/border line criminal activity on behalf of the government.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
And a large group of liberals lost their minds when someone wouldn't bake a gay cake. It's on both sides but will you call both sides out equally?

that's not even remotely equivalent

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The implication of your post is that if I dislike what Kaepernick did, then I must worship the government right along with the flag and nation or something.

I resent that.

I think that if Kaepernick wanted to protest police brutality, there are plenty of ways to do that without protesting everything about the country which is what the flag stands for to me -- the country in its totality. But of course, he admits he believes the entire country is racist and oppressive. He's not just talking about one facet.

So he is, in fact, disrespecting everything about it in his protest.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The implication of your post is that if I dislike what Kaepernick did, then I must worship the government right along with the flag and nation or something.

I never said such things. I quoted a specific question by OP.

As for Kaepernick, what's done is done, and he's done.

Who cares? He had a job, and his actions led to where he's at. I don't agree with what Kaepernick did, but I don't understand how so many people on the right are so outraged. It's over, what do people want from here with their outrage?

But there are definitely extreme nationalist trends happening in this country.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes saying the flag is a symbol of oppression and racism is American.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

They care because someone who said they refuse to respect the flag is now leading a Nike ad campaign.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: rollanotherone
And a large group of liberals lost their minds when someone wouldn't bake a gay cake. It's on both sides but will you call both sides out equally?

that's not even remotely equivalent

Feigned outrage knows no boundries.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

They care because someone who said they refuse to respect the flag is now leading a Nike ad campaign.

That's Nike's right and choice. Everyone has the right and choice to buy there products or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes, which has nothing to do with my post. Nike can do it. People can not like Nike doing it. You asked a question and I answered it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Here is the problem... Kaepernic, and others like him are "protesting" in their jobs, which has always been a no no...
The NFL has many fans who are part of all the political spectrum in the U.S.. There are conservatives, republicans, and others who fall to the right in the political spectrum who watch the NFL. None of these people pay their channels, or buy tickets to watch rich football players make a political statement based on false rhetoric.

Kaepernic, and his rich athlete friends, are free to make whatever political statement they want outside of their jobs, in their free time. That's the main problem. Not to mention the fact that this "political statement" is to disrespect the U.S. flag, and all the soldiers/sailors who fought, and even died to preserve our rights over LIES.

More police officers have been murdered, many have been murdered by the hands of BLM members and sympathizers, than police officers have killed blacks. Not to mention the fact that many of those blacks who were killed by LEOs were criminals who fought against police officers, or made a move as if to pick up a weapon to attack LEOs.

In 2018 so far 37 LEOs have been murdered/gun down. That's not counting the murders due to LEOs being ran over, etc.
www.odmp.org...

Not to mention that what this rich athlete is trying to "protest" is, in his own words:

...“not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This claim that "people of color are being oppressed in the U.S." is simply FALSE.

This year blacks, "mostly criminals," who have been killed by LEOs make up 22% of the total number of people who were killed by LEOs in 2018.

But people in the left, including Kaepernic, ignore the fact that more blacks are murdered by blacks, than by LEOs...

edit on 9-9-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Like Obama, Kaepernak's experiencing an identity crisis. He was raised by white adoptive parents and now he's trying to join a cause to find his black roots....

No he is not.

which is fine, just find a more respectful way of doing it. Showing resentment towards America or it's flag, as they both have done, isn't the answer.

People like you are the root of the problem. Out of touch white people...who are so called "experts" on black issues.

They both carry deep resentments and they're using the wrong avenue to express themselves.

More lies. No they don't. Did you grow up with them or live in their households? Did you know any of them personally?

Why didn't that football player that The Blind Side movie was based on take a knee?

And why did Tim Tebow take a one?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why ?
Not standing for the anthem is the antithesis to the US , its people , the Constitution , so on and so forth

Why? I didn't read anywhere that the Constitution requires us to respect the Anthem by standing for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No. We are freely allowed to hate America and the Constitution. He is allowed to think America is racist and tell flag is a symbol of oppression.

I will never agree with that though.
edit on 10-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join