It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike's Ad is Stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sacrifice your integrity
Believe in something

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The NFL released a news bit this week in support of Colin's efforts. I guess the NFL and Nike are flipping the bird at these boycotters. Good. It was a Trumped up anti-protest anyway.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The NFL released a news bit this week in support of Colin's efforts

Of course, now they are finally rid off him and his negative stuff toward the NFL.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This might taint the Russian Kool-Aid you're all drinking, and I know you don't like that, but I'll give it a go.

Russian internet trolls are trying to stoke the controversy in the U.S. over NFL players kneeling during the national anthem by using opposing hashtags such as #TakeAKnee and #BoycottNFL, a Senate Homeland Security Committee member said today.

"We watched even this weekend, the Russians and their troll farms, and their internet folks, start hash-tagging out 'take a knee' and also hash-tagging out 'Boycott NFL,'" Sen. James Lankford of (R-Oklahoma) said at a hearing where FBI Director Christopher Wray testified about some of his agency's work. “They're trying to push divisiveness in the country. We've continued to be able to see that, we will see that again in our election time."

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So Russians are no different than the MSM at foisting division.

Yet in one case, the MSM is protected by the Constitution, and in the other it is being made illegal.

So division and collusion is okay just as long as it's the media doing it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So when nike fumbles "social justice" its teh rushians?
Lol
The left is a fn joke.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There are so many ads which are just ripe for parody, I can't believe no one has done any yet. This is just another one.

In fact, if Duracell and Adidas were smart they would team up and run the following advertisement (and just SLAY their competition with it).

INTRO: Misty morning sunrise against a major city backdrop. Camera pans down and zooms in on a convict being released from prison at the front gate...alone (no one there to meet him). Camera follows him silently as he walks through the trash ridden city streets enjoying his freedom. Camera pans down to his dirty holey $5 canvas athletic shoes.

Suddenly he spies some dude with a new pair of Nike athletic shoes and a shiny boom box on his shoulder. (Queue - heavy bass drum beat - thump...thump...thump...thump). Ex-con dashes over and tackles then beats the dude down and steals his boom box and his Nike shoes. Camera pans way back and upward showing ex-con walking down the street jamming to his new ill gotten boom box and new shoes.

Announcer comes on and says:

"Some guys have to Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything. Just Do It. And keep on doing it, and doing it, and doing it, and doing it! (pause)

Don't be THAT guy...Adidas and Duracell!!"

edit on 9/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So Russians are no different than the MSM at foisting division.

Yet in one case, the MSM is protected by the Constitution, and in the other it is being made illegal.

So division and collusion is okay just as long as it's the media doing it.

What? Talk about climbing a tree to make a point, lol.
cya DB. (Don't add too much bourbon to your Kool-Aid, I think it's messing with your mind)

Love and kisses.
AD

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Checking back in... Hi.

For the record, I’m actually okay with, and may even like stupid ads... And as far as Njke’s bottom line goes, I’m not sure it was a stupid ad... We’ll see... I think they’re banking on the majority of the country not flipping out against them.

I’m not mad at any of the parties involved...

I’m just a little disappointed.

I don’t buy expensive clothes, usually, though, so overall, this doesn’t effect my shopping habits, meaning, I’m not their targeted demographic, meaning I don’t think they’re too worried about me, anyways.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There are so many ads which are just ripe for parody, I can't believe no one has done any yet. This is just another one.

I'm sure there will be somebody that tries to make some funny off of this, but for right now - NIKE is riffing off it's own ad:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Sacrifice your integrity
Believe in something

WTF are you talking about, kid

I believe in free enterprise and freedom of speech. If that's not enough for you, I don't know what to tell you.

"Integrity"...coming from someone that supports a draft dodging, crybaby, coward....don't make me laugh.
edit on 9-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Your support of quitters is laughable, as are your rambling posts.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

#TFA

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Your support of quitters is laughable, as are your rambling posts.

You might have some control over my threads and posts, when and if you reach mod status but intill then; you're a pathetic wanna be, kid.
edit on 9-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

That in no way changes the fact that kap quit and sacrificed nothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ignore the fact that it's Cap for a minute. Listen to what is said in the ad. It gives an incredibly uplifting message. Who cares who is speaking? 99% of ads are voiceovers, and you have no idea who is talking. They could all be Antifa members, or neo-nazis, for all we know.
Listen to what is being said. That, in and of itself, makes the ad awesome. I don't support Nike because of their manufacturing practices, and I haven't purchased anything Nike branded in decades, but they have my full support on this ad.
Also, burning Nike stuff? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You already bought it, so they already got your money! Donate it to people less fortunate than you, rather than burning it because you got triggered by a message on tv. It reminds me of the first time Lebron left Cleveland, people were burning jerseys in the streets. Thousands of perfectly good clothes that were ruined just because someone got triggered.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you're welcome to never buy Nike again (like I previously said, I won't buy Nike either, just for different reasons). However, if your living situation is comfortable enough that you can burn shoes/clothes/etc just because you didn't like a commercial, give them to someone who isn't comfortable enough to do that. That's step one for making this country better. Think about others, not just ourselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Shooting the messenger is the best way to avoid discussing any issue. And it's become apparent that a lot of people would just like this issue to go away without any discussion. It won't.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: narrator

Shooting the messenger is the best way to avoid discussing any issue. And it's become apparent that a lot of people would just like this issue to go away without any discussion. It won't.

What issue?

Crappneck losing his starting job because of diminishing skills? The whole entire reason he started SITTING in the first place.

Or the issue of African Americans committing multiples of more crime than other races in the US?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not sure what Kaepernick had left to sacrifice.
He was rated in the bottom 5 of all NFL QB's, 2nd and 3rd string included.
He had an offer from the Broncos but was too greedy and thought he deserved more.
He priced himself out a league he was barely fit enough to play in.
How much did Nike pay him and what kind of sacrifice is that?
It's his male privilege showing I guess.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

oh so cute

<< 1  2    4 >>

join