It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End to Stars or show usernames of who starred posts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
or they could just make private messages public.

If only there were a way to view the ip address of users.

perhaps a photo id or valid papers should be shown in the place of the avatars.

But who wants everybody to know they've been slumming? What happens at ATS should stay at ATS. I believe everything here should be between God, myself, and the idiots of the Flat Earth thread, though, of the latter, the case could be made their neighbors have a right to know.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Interesting replies so far. Lots of assertions about my intent but silly so I just dismiss it.
I didn't expect so many members who wanted to remain secret if they starred a post, seems worse than facebook to me, like hiding behind your star lol.
Keep it coming folks, I love how you can't star each other here, you have to comment to share your opinion lol again.
edit on 8-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Typo

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Totally useless idea. i see no point whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I’ll often star posts that have opposite viewpoints , merely because they are well thought out , and express the opinions well.

Would I then have to explain why I am starring , so as to avoid being attacked for backing opposite points of view ?

Sounds like you just want to pick your enemies and find your allies.

I don’t think that is what ATS intended it’s forums for.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Agreement with an opinion, anonymous or not, does not necessarily give more foundational credibility to the claims being made, or less.

Correct purely by consensus is stupid. Correct by the use of data is the key. Don't worry about the gang mentality. Mobs are usually never correct. Just try to stick to the facts and let the truth speak for itself.

You'd be surprised how incredibly unpopular the truth is regardless of what angle you approach it from.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm shadow starring this post ^
edit on 9/8/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

link   
There were stars
There were flies
Even the flies dropped like...
What does a fly drop like?
Stars

link   
a reply to: Sheye
Haha no, I would love the ATS community to see whatever views I agree with, in all it's dirty glory. I don't hide my opinions online, but stars as they are allow people to hide away as they secret star people.
You prefer to hide the things you agree with, I don't, different folk is all, don't feel threatened or anything, just a conversation...where nobody can star you lol, love it.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Bluntone22
That was my alternative preferred option.

😃

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
Childish idea.

It's bad enough with all the crybaby crap that is going on and all this would do is add to it.

"Shadow" Star for you !!

💫💥

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
No comment then, just a gif?
At least I know you disagree, and you can't hide behind a star in this thread lol

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"I see jealous people..."

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Childish idea.

It's bad enough with all the crybaby crap that is going on and all this would do is add to it.

"Shadow" Star for you !!

💫💥

Back at you fellow gang member.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
It's not a 'shadow' star though here, it's you sharing your opinion in public. Exactly how I would like all features to be.
Why do you want to be anonymous when starring posts? You didn't really explain your opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
"I see jealous people..."
Where do you see them?
I wouldn't want to be chilling in a jealous group of people.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"I have seen many forums were if you give thumbs up and stars you see who gave them. 

I think ATS should have this. 

You can see who encourages star baiters and people who star controversial things but are too cowardly to back it up with a comment. 
We all know when a someone puts up a racist comment or worse someone will will always star it, be fun to see who. 

I especially think we should see when staff give applause and who. "

When you were this member you asked and got the same replies so why ask again under a new name?
Sad.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Muninn because: Add quotes

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

why do you think your views arent viewed enough by ats community cleary in current situation and what you personally can do about it? i think that should be the way to look at it if it was really what you had in mind
sorry. i am not a native speaker maybe i made a grammer mistake somewhere.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Childish idea.

"Shadow" Star for you !!

💫💥

Back at you fellow gang member.

See the lack of stars in this forum are cool as because I know who agrees/disagrees about everything in this thread, no hiding behind secret stars lol

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Sheye
Haha no, I would love the ATS community to see whatever views I agree with, in all it's dirty glory. I don't hide my opinions online, but stars as they are allow people to hide away as they secret star people.
You prefer to hide the things you agree with, I don't, different folk is all, don't feel threatened or anything, just a conversation...where nobody can star you lol, love it.

You come across as bitter and accusing CCG .

I have openly debated your ideas, and was not afraid to challenge you publicly... ever.. so stop with your calling out of all these so called “cowards”.

Some people just don’t want to debate with what they view as stupid, so they just star the member that calls stupid out. Sometimes they are just calling the arrogance and hypocrisy out.

By the way.. love this no star thing..😏

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn
Lol post a link mate and I'll engage you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join