It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroic undocumented immigrants beat down white militia with unregistered firearms in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: introvert

Stop being obtuse. You know full well it was a sarcastic title mocking the leftist revisionists.

I even stated that it was hyperbole in the OP.

But some people just can't admit it.

Yes, it is hyperbole meant to play on the emotions of your target audience. As I stated.

Apparently playing-off your title is considered revisionism, even though I did not "revise" anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So which is a "race":

A. American.
B. Mexican.
C. Both.

D: Any sentient person from a planet- as there is the 'human' race, there also (for example purposes) is a 'Klingon' race. Since we are the only beings at this moment that we know of in our neck of the galaxy, and Klingons probably don't exist...

Geeze, we're a petty bunch, aren't we. I'm typing this, and realization just came up and smacked me right on the head.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

wiki

Mexican forces of about 4000, under President General Santa Anna, against a handful of 180 American rebels fighting for Texan independence from Mexico.

gee 180 against a regular army of 4000. Sure the word "heroic" doesn't mean much in your view.
How would you describe the odds?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

wiki

Mexican forces of about 4000, under President General Santa Anna, against a handful of 180 American rebels fighting for Texan independence from Mexico.

gee 180 against a regular army of 4000. Sure the word "heroic" doesn't mean much in your view.

Not really. Call someone a hero. Don't call someone a hero.

What purpose does it serve either way? It's a word with an emotional connotation and I do not get involved in the "feelsies" of all this. As long as history is not being changed and in this case, it is not.

So what's the problem?

The problem is how people feel about the use of the word.

How would you describe the odds?

Why would that matter? Are we going to go back in time and take bets on the odds of the battle?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Since they held up that army at the cost of their lives to give Houston time to ready for battle,they deserve the title of hero.And it was not White Militia,there were also Mexicans who died fighting to defend the Alamo.I am sick and damn tired of the PC crowd trying to change our history to suit their agenda.Hell,some of these people call the British the heroes of the war of 1812.Teach what happened and give credit to the people who deserved it.But don't put a modern spin on it,go by the standards of the country at their time and teach what the countries reaction was.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Since they held up that army at the cost of their lives to give Houston time to ready for battle,they deserve the title of hero.And it was not White Militia,there were also Mexicans who died fighting to defend the Alamo.I am sick and damn tired of the PC crowd trying to change our history to suit their agenda.Hell,some of these people call the British the heroes of the war of 1812.Teach what happened and give credit to the people who deserved it.But don't put a modern spin on it,go by the standards of the country at their time and teach what the countries reaction was.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Traitor John Insane McCain = HERO!
All those transgendered people Obama threw under the bus as political fodder = HEROES!
Obama for throwing them under the bus = HERO!

Dudes at the Alamo = meh.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Let’s drop truth and deal with only with facts. Below are exerts from en.m.wikipedia.org...ópez_de_Santa_Anna

In 1874, Santa Anna explained in a letter that killing defenders of the Alamo was his only option. The letter stressed that Commander William Travis was to blame for the degree of violence at the Alamo. Santa Anna believed that Travis was overly rude and disrespectful towards him, and had that not happened, he would have allowed Sam Houston to establish a dominant presence there. In his letter, he stated that the disrespect of Travis led to the demise of all of his followers, which he claimed only took a couple hours.

On 6 March 1836, at the Battle of the Alamo, Santa Anna's forces killed 189 Texan defenders and later executed more than 342 Texan prisoners, including James Fannin at the Goliad Massacre (27 March 1836).

"Surrender of Santa Anna" by William Henry Huddle shows the Mexican president and general surrendering to a wounded Sam Houston, battle of San Jacinto
However, the defeat at the Alamo bought time for General Sam Houston and his Texas forces. During the siege of the Alamo, the Texas Navy had more time to plunder ports along the Gulf of Mexico and the Texian Army gained more weapons and ammunition. Despite Sam Houston's lack of ability to maintain strict control of the Texian Army, they defeated Santa Anna's much larger army at the Battle of San Jacinto on 21 April 1836. The Texans shouted, "Remember Goliad, Remember the Alamo!" The day after the battle, a small Texan force led by James Austin Sylvester captured Santa Anna. They found the general dressed in a dragoon private's uniform and hiding in a marsh.

To wrap it up a lot of Texans and Tennesseean's died to win the freedom of Texas. We lost a heroic fight at the Alamo, out numbered about 20 to 1, and Sam Houston’s army kicked his ass at San Jacinto.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In my book the defenders at the Alamo were heroic.

Outmanned,outgunned, and made Santa Anna bleed for it.

Texan legacy.

As Davy Crocket famously said 'You all can go to hell, I'm going to Texas?'.

Which is what I think of revisionist history because of 'feelings'.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Which one should we teach children?

The Jedi are evil ...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So which is a "race":

A. American.
B. Mexican.
C. Both.

D: The "White" militia.

Race is a social construct ...ethnicity is what that is. Scientifically there is but one race on earth. so by that logic it was not racist.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sorry.

Leonidas was an islamophobe.

More likely a Zoroastrian-phobe........

Islam did not exist until another 1000 years or so AFTER the 300 had their battle.

Islam = Arabs..........Zoro's = Persians.

One day, Islam will fall to be replaced by the original teachings.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It doesn't give the white people the props and respect they deserve (as they see it) so the SJW are up in arms about it.

edit on 8-9-2018 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just read this off of an envelope that some one wrote:

I am neither male or female, The Government told me so...
I am neither proud or pathetic, The Government told me so...
I am neither wanted or needed because I am White, The Government told me so...
The Government is destroying humanity,
who is left to tell them so...?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sorry.

Leonidas was an islamophobe.

Not quite.

He was a pedophile being a Spartan and all. All manly men of Sparta grew up being molested, then molesting young boys, cuz it’s just sex, nothing gay. Just how the ancients rolled, nothing illegal or morally wrong about child rape in their society.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Epic fake news title.

Yes the battle of the Alamo was a heroic one.

I ask why would they name it after alah and mohammad?

That would be the arab restaurant in Dearborn, the Allah -Mo'.
World's finest soul food.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they weren't heroes then they were badasses.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
"Undocumented white immigrants beat down by militia with unregistered firearms in Texas."

Two sides to every story.

edit on 9-9-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

edit on 9-9-2018 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join