It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The past week makes clear which kind of country America is" -The Intercept

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The ops link doesn't paint a picture of a healthy individual at all, regardless of which side of politics you belong. It begs the question, if there should be a mental health assessment of all presidential candidates to ensure they devoid of psychopathic tendencies. Such tests are done on people that guard nuclear arsenals. Which would be all for nought if a psychopathic president can order a nuclear strike.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I think the main problem with Trump is that he is absolutely corrupt and has no respect for the law. What makes it a bit more ridiculous is that he is the one claiming he is going to "drain the swamp."

Most of Trump's troubles can be traced back to flaws in his personality. He doesn't listen to advisors, doesn't read reports, yet thinks he is the smartest man in the room. He thinks he is above the law. A few other things like that. I don't like how he appoints people to lead organizations like the EPA who are against the entire point of the organization, that seems unethical to me.

I hope he gets in trouble for any laws he broke and for attempting to obstruct justice. Even if the special counsel completes its investigation and finds Trump did nothing wrong, I would consider that fine, as long as their investigation was allowed to finish. Obama let Clinton's e-mail scandal investigation go to completion.

Garbage post and absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, put away your liberal bias bruh

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In my opinion, that rubicon was passed when JFK got his dome blown off.

America was not a stand up Republic and/or democracy. Privileges started with your rich and filtered down. Murica didn't become "great" (i use the term in quotes) until after 1945 when other countries that could challenge America were bombed out and depleted due to world war 2.

Outside of that, America was just a place to get rich. Hell, America owes everything to world war 2!

The difference, i think, is now there is no need to hide it. The American voted is so apathetic and beholden to political parties that they believe whatever the party tells the to believe. When the party rots, the people in it rot.

It's a good piece.
edit on 8-9-2018 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It was Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC) in the timeless "The Traitor is the Plague" who said:

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly.

But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.

A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: DanDanDat

What? You had to elect the village idiot to see what has been on front of your face for decades?

Apparently so.

Example: Migrant families separated for decades... no one cared. However suddenly now people care.

edit on 8-9-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
The ops link doesn't paint a picture of a healthy individual at all, regardless of which side of politics you belong. It begs the question, if there should be a mental health assessment of all presidential candidates to ensure they devoid of psychopathic tendencies. Such tests are done on people that guard nuclear arsenals. Which would be all for nought if a psychopathic president can order a nuclear strike.

but here is the problem. how do you ensure that personal/political bias is not involved? the same bias we are currently seeing from supposed medical professionals, who are completely ignoring the ethics of their medical profession, because their political bias against Trump is stronger than their ties to their profession. what you would be doing in fact is creating king makers. which would in the end, no matter even of how pure as the driven snow those first ones might even be, add one more layor of corruption into government. just imagine the power of getting to have the final say, over the wishes of the entire population, in who gets to become President. the whole country 100% could vote for a candidate only to have a supposed medical proffesional (of a field that might as well be considered psedoscience), say "sorry, no, i find that person unfit". in effect those in such a possition would in effect be even more powerful than the President. and would such a person be voted into place, or would the medical community get to make that choice, again giving those people more power to shape the country to their wishes? or how about by Presidential appointment? do you think such a person appointed by Obama would have cleared Trump for office? or do you thing one put in place by Trump would likewise allow Hillary to become President? there is far too much room for corruption with such power. it should be left in th hands of voters at elections to decide who is President.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

When selecting a jury for trial, both sides ask potential jurors questions to determine if they are competent and suitable to serve. A similar process to select a team of doctors to oversee all tests and their results should ensure equal fairness. With all parties agreeing that doctors aren't biased to either party. This should be done before the primaries so they are not determining who is president but who can run as a candidate.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
This started in 1969 when the NYT declared God dead.

When a country has no moral compass, this is where you end up.

Let's look at the fall of Rome closer...i am in the field, no time to link, but one of you kind friends may help me.

Abortion.

Women did not have abortions like we know today...but unwanted babies were born and then given up as slaves, or thrown onto the garbage boats.

[B]Note, i do not care about your lifestyle choices, live as how you choose.

Sexual depravity.

Wild orgies, straight, bi and gay, were the norm. They lost their sense of commitment.

Political power.

Was in the hands of the few....those elites who were schooled and know better how to run my life than me....hello establishment.

Trump is what we need to break the chain, or we will collapse...sorry.

Religion does not give people a moral compass. Just look at the Catholic Church, or any of the mega churches here in America.
Religion does not give people a moral compass.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I think Trump and his crowd, and especially Trump, happen to be more corrupt than the usual politicians. He really outdoes himself in this regard. I'm hoping the next Presidency is not as corrupt and deceitful. I'm guessing it won't be.

He’s no more corrupt than other administrations. He’s just a narcissistic POS attention whore. ‘Member he had Obama’s “real birth certificate” that he obtained with the help of the good hearted Joe Arpaio (whom he later gave a presidential pardon)? Still waiting.
He’s a blowhard misogynistic wannabe Gypsy with tacky gold everything.

Real corruption was the cadre around Nixon that ended up controlling cabinets from Reagan to GWB.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

That was the intent, to paint the picture they want you to see.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Your reply is garbage, this post is 100% accurate. Trump is a horrible, terrible person who isn't fit to hold any public office at any level.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

This is weird, but you gotta try this...you can take what this person said and flip it turn it 180 deg and their words will be closer to the truth of what is actually happening.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TonyS

I thought it was ironic that the Deep State signaled its existence in that Op-Ed (assuming it's true) and then expects to be applauded for existing as if we should be grateful that there is a cabal of unelected bureaucrats that actually run things so the ones we elect can't hurt us.

So there are two classes. We are ruled if that's true.

Well, yea......its very true. I thought everyone knew that by now.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
how is the President's own cabinet a "deep state" ? That makes no sense whatsoever, he picked them, not other government officials.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Actually they could be if they were sent in as plants intending to be double agents all along.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Trump is a through the looking glass view of what all these people in power in both government and business have been like for a long time now. That is one reason I was hoping Trump would win so it could serve as kind of a shock to the system that would restart the heart of this country, i.e. the people. So far, however, most people don't seem to be getting the point and are still just falling head over heels for these complete and utter frauds that call themselves leaders.
edit on 9-9-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I don't think Trump has a large amount of organized corruption, but I still think that he is corrupt because he thinks he is above the law and that it doesn't apply to him. He doesn't want to take accountability for his actions. He thinks he can do whatever he wants, yes, he is arrogant and self-centered and definitely seeks attention.
edit on 18pmTue, 18 Sep 2018 20:21:40 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join