It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The past week makes clear which kind of country America is" -The Intercept

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This started in 1969 when the NYT declared God dead.

When a country has no moral compass, this is where you end up.

Let's look at the fall of Rome closer...i am in the field, no time to link, but one of you kind friends may help me.

Abortion.

Women did not have abortions like we know today...but unwanted babies were born and then given up as slaves, or thrown onto the garbage boats.

[B]Note, i do not care about your lifestyle choices, live as how you choose.

Sexual depravity.

Wild orgies, straight, bi and gay, were the norm. They lost their sense of commitment.

Political power.

Was in the hands of the few....those elites who were schooled and know better how to run my life than me....hello establishment.

Trump is what we need to break the chain, or we will collapse...sorry.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Things were going badly when the NYT had a reporter who was actively reporting on the Soviet Union all during the famine in the Ukraine caused by Stalin's policies and the man won a Pulitzer for his work, but he never actually reported on the famine.

Waltyer Duranty ... that's him.
edit on 8-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: JBurns

Shadowy struggles for power with no rules?

We created for ourselves a bit of a quandary in voting Trump in to office ...

...What we need to do is stop being #ing drama queens and let all of this stuff work it's way through the system.

I see.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

I don't think Trump is unfit. He's doing a great job IMO. I voted for him in 2016 and will again in 2020. I think he's one of the best things to ever happen to this country.

I do agree with Greenwald's stance on various key positions, and believe the revelations RE: a domestic threat to the Constitution represents a significant event that will be written about in history books.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So the purge then? You gonna lead us?

You say those words so frequently one has to wonder if that isn't your belief as well.

I have said it once and I'll say it again, the ranks should indeed be purged of corrupt/useless/feckless/self-interested employees. If you don't love America, love the Constitution and intend to do your job impartially with the level of professionalism demanded by the American people/your boss in the WH then you shouldn't have a government job.

This includes losing their jobs, losing their insurance, losing other benefits and generally being ineligible for future federal employment/affiliation/contracting of any sort.

You gonna lead us?

I don't have the ability to fire anybody, unfortunately. If I did though they would be fired for cause/charged with suitable federal offenses where applicable.
edit on 9/8/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Was in the hands of the few....those elites who were schooled and know better how to run my life than me....hello establishment.

They certainly thought they knew better anyhow... but I think people have learned not to trust all these "gurus"

Trump is what we need to break the chain, or we will collapse...sorry.

I agree, and believe your estimation of the end result is about accurate. Something seemed to go horribly wrong around the turn of the 20th century, and we've lost far more than we've gained. As they say (paraphrasing) "those who would sacrifice liberty for any amount of safety deserve neither"

I am sure some folks don't mind having their money devalued in the ~1/1000 area (any economist want to chime in with more accurate number)
edit on 9/8/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yes, there are rules and those that have discussed using the rules laid-out within the constitution are met with fierce opposition and ridicule.

We have not passed a "Rubicon". We created for ourselves a bit of a quandary in voting Trump in to office and that quandary will work itself out through the very rules that are in place. Whether that be through impeachment because of his actions, or simple voting through the elections.

What we need to do is stop being #ing drama queens and let all of this stuff work it's way through the system.

I'd disagree we did not create a quandary in voting Trump in to office; instead we created an opportunity.

We created the opportunity to finally see with full clarity how dysfunctional our government is. We can't simply re-berry our heads in the sand and hope it works it's way through the system; Because it's the system itself that is the problem. Things may quite down when Trump leaves some time in the next 6 years; but the dysfunction will remain unless we take this opportunity to fix some of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yes, evils such as MAGA, can't have that now can we.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Yes, there are rules and those that have discussed using the rules laid-out within the constitution are met with fierce opposition and ridicule.

We have not passed a "Rubicon". We created for ourselves a bit of a quandary in voting Trump in to office and that quandary will work itself out through the very rules that are in place. Whether that be through impeachment because of his actions, or simple voting through the elections.

What we need to do is stop being #ing drama queens and let all of this stuff work it's way through the system.

I'd disagree we did not create a quandary in voting Trump in to office; instead we created an opportunity.

We created the opportunity to finally see with full clarity how dysfunctional our government is. We can't simply re-berry our heads in the sand and hope it works it's way through the system; Because it's the system itself that is the problem. Things may quite down when Trump leaves some time in the next 6 years; but the dysfunction will remain unless we take this opportunity to fix some of it.

Very true. Love him or not, because of Trump we are seeing the make up come off the politicians. We can see repubs who say what we want to hear to vote them in...but not follow their promises ie McCain voting no on repeal and replace after campainging on it.

We see how the left thinks we are stupid and can't make our own choices. We see how they want us to slim our population down through eugenics...abortion for the minorities mainly...watch any margaret sanger speech.

Both are happy to keep us divided and fighting among ourselves to keep their power and money.

Dirty little secret is, conservatives in general, don't care who you are, live your life, don't f up mine. Oh, and really, the same can be said of liberals.

If we just talked to one another, we would see we all want the same thing...freedom to be ourselves, and a better life for our kids.
edit on 8-9-2018 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What a bunch of opionated left side nonsense.

Obama bombed hell out of Libya without consulting Congress, nobody cried.

Obama armed ISIS, nobody cried.

Obama financed and helped Muslim Brotherhood in aegypt, nobody cried.

Obama gave 200 billion to Iran, nobody cried.

Obama gave 20% of US uranium to Russia, nobody cried.

That article is directly linked to Greenwalds anus. It is difficult to know which end of the body it is at this time located, but output is of equal quality.

edit on 8-9-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

We created the opportunity to finally see with full clarity how dysfunctional our government is.

What? You had to elect the village idiot to see what has been on front of your face for decades?

We can't simply re-berry our heads in the sand and hope it works it's way through the system; Because it's the system itself that is the problem. Things may quite down when Trump leaves some time in the next 6 years; but the dysfunction will remain unless we take this opportunity to fix some of it.

Then change the system. My statement still stands.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If it is the 'purge', we don't need leadership hah

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Depends on your definition of the pronoun "us"

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There are a lot of people who were either in denial or didn't see it.

It's pretty hard to ignore this now.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Depends on your definition of the pronoun "us"

That's a tricky one. Easy compared to the verb "is" though.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

There are a lot of people who were either in denial or didn't see it.

It's pretty hard to ignore this now.

Truth. People have been bitching about this for years, but the politicians just ignored us because they kept getting re-elected. Trump's election might have let them know they had been seriously #ing up, but alas the fake Russia collusion hoax was invented, so now a lot of them just think Trump was a fluke. If he gets re-elected, you would think that would finally hammer the point home but they'll just come up with something else.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Or kill him.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: JimNasium

Why was Afghanistan invaded again? Besides the opium to get the ball rolling...

To deny Al Queda free reign to use the country as a base for planning future mass-casualty attacks against American civilians. Essentially, our military is keeping them busy fighting them so they can't attack our civilians like they did on 9/11.

In the absence of another 9/11-style attack on the US mainland, I'd say that objective has been largely successful for the past 17 years.

For the both of Our opinions.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In my opinion, term limits for Congress would fix a good bit of it. Watching Grassley and Feinstein during the Kavanaugh hearings made that very clear. When your aides have to continually “advise” you what to say, it’s really time for new blood. There were times they both sounded like they had onset dementia...and that is NOT a good thing, regardless of your politics.

Congressional seats were never meant to be lifetime appointments!
edit on 8/9/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If you want to know what is wrong with this country look in the mirror.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join