It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

In your PMs.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

I see your point, absolutely it makes sense. The problem is that there are a few possible reasons why they did what they did.

The other reason being the one I mentioned about this being totally something above their heads..yes some agencies knew about it, they went there and cleaned it up and now the event has come and passed. That's one theory. We and even the MSM dont have any conclusions as of yet.

I do believe we have an understanding as well, thank you

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The mercury was not the reason for the closure, McAteer said.

“There’s no mercury incident. That’s a completely different set of protocols that would not have involved them locking all the doors,” McAteer said. “We have a very regular maintenance routine. There is no cause for concern there.”

That rules out the mercury theory, if anyone was still considering that possibility.

Sounds like a Jedi Trick ... waves hand, "There’s no mercury incident. "
They may fear lack of funding if any major incident was reported.

The doors would be locked to prevent anyone spreading mercury around!

You wouldn't want anyone tracking through droplets of elemental mercury, it can roll and seep into the tiniest of places.

The observatory has there own Hazmat suits and equipment for hazardous materials. If it was mercury, it would take about a day to a month to sanitize the area, depending on the size of the incident.

They would still evacuate the area after a mercury release. If it was a major incident, they would send them on a little vacation.

Anywayz.... no telling what really happened, I'm not saying it was mercury... just saying something doesn't sound right.
edit on 14091430am302018Fri, 14 Sep 2018 10:14:56 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Lol what are the odds it gets archived the moment I arrive
there should still be some interesting info though, thanks again

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

It’s my understanding that the form/type of mercury doesn’t present a major hazard like what you may be thinking of. I’d have to look back in my notes, but apparently, this type of mercury is different than the ‘go crazy’ type of mercury. Still hazardous, but not critically so.

Additionally, various sources have stated that the protocols would be different.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Weird it's like you're reading my mind. When I watched the interview of the tour and looked via Google Earth at the entire area I kept thinking how easy it would be to have a simple and single front operation. More than likely, though, the very people who work there (save for an elect few) know about it's true mission. With a population that small it would be pretty easy to manage a simple disinformation campaign for decades. And the head guy at the observatory is German.

German.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Everybody is covering this. From the mainstream media to your local news channel. With this amount of pressure on the FBI. If they don't release some information fairly soon , this is a very serious event .

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Most stuff containing mercury is considered hazardous, but it's not like methylmercury, that's the deadly stuff...

edit on 32093230am302018Fri, 14 Sep 2018 10:32:38 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well the main stream media folks are on it now.
Hoorah, they are on the freaking ball

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Everybody is covering this. From the mainstream media to your local news channel. With this amount of pressure on the FBI. If they don't release some information fairly soon , this is a very serious event .
idk....the rapture date May be 4 days away.....but is it true there are other dun labs shutting down across the globe??

Sumthins up....and with the way all sides of all sectors are in Pell mell mode....like never before....this chaos is two sided.....not just on faction in politics or government goin bonkers

Logic has left the building hehehe....not a laughing matter huh.....Jesus is in the .....on deck circle.....

Looky there at the on deck circle....Jesus has three bats in his hands.....swings all three like it's nothing for him
edit on 14-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

The first thing Jesus will do about this dvil He states that He hates......

IS WE'RE GONNA RALLY 'ROUND THE BRADLEY.....WITH A POCKET FULL OF SHELLS!!!!!
edit on 14-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I came across this thread at the beginning when nothing was known. A week later and still, nothing. Im going with the disgruntled employee/ nutso sending a ricin envelope to his boss or co-worker. At least until I hear differently.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Has anybody brought this up? Radio telescopes can be used to spy just like parabolic microphones. This falls under maybe maybe not. But it would explain the FBI's involvement if it was used domestically .

The top secret location of the RT-32 was referred to as The Starlet, a covert base “hiding” the massive radio telescope that weighed in as the eighth largest in existence. Along with its daintier counterpart the RT-16, this massive parabolic centimetre-wave range antenna was built by the Ukraine Navy and installed by the Soviet military for your typical spy stuff—listening in on NATO countries and intercepting radio signals.It’s name referring to its giant, 32-meter antenna, the 600-ton RT-32 somehow escaped notice until 1993, when the Soviet Army withdrew when Lativia won its independence.

Snip

Now, instead of eavesdropping on dignitaries arguing in boardrooms, the mighty telescope peers into the vast expanse of outer space, assisting astronomers in observing the mighty day star, poking around space debris, and keeping an eye out for intelligent life. No longer a fancy military spy gadget, the RT-32 can be visited by civilians and explored on guided tours, although they are currently suspended until 2015 due to renovations. The Starlet, once a super-secret spy hideout, is now the prestigious Ventspils International Radio Astronomy Center with panoramic views and underground passageways to explore. Regardless of the temporary hold on guided tours, one can still enter the grounds and drive around the site, still an urban exploration favorite. Existing somewhere between ruin and restoration, the high-tech astronomy center is juxtaposed against the remaining abandoned Soviet apartment buildings and military posts, an excellent photo opportunity and the last chance to view the extraordinary telescope with the surrounding remnants of its espionage

www.atlasobscura.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbdowned

That's my first good look at the thing. It's sort of an obelisk. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Is the sherrif the only one that has seen the FBI and the Blackhawk and people working on anttenas? Is what I'm hearing right, that they evacuated after getting a phone call? Strange there is just one piece of tape and a stop sign and only one person has seen any activity at all...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

It's above a lot of peoples heads

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

There's no radio telescopes at the sunspot facility, or even at the apache point observatory next door.
Theyre all optical.
The Dunn solar scope sees in both optical range and UV. But not radio.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The current video shows that there are still quite a few vehicles remaining on the property. What if they did not drive away? What if that Blackhawk helicopter took the employees to a secure location? The movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" comes to mind. They gathered up the scientists, took them to a secure location, and took away their cell phones.

I had wondered too since the actual people who are supposedly waiting to go home seem not to be on anyone's videos, the news crews have not interviewed any I have seen and was asked last night where are they.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

There's one camping outside the gate right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
New article by Newsweek that seems to have more extensive quotes by Sheriff House:

www.newsweek.com...

TLDR; he seems to be a bit ticked off, saying AURA and the FBI ‘owe’ people an explanation.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plzbetrue
Cat 5 solar flare coming our way a reply to: Plzbetrue

Good Morning! Did you take your meds?
It would not be reasonable to hide an incoming flare because they could tell people how to prepare there are many things that can be done to protect equipment and health. It would benefit everyone in the end, but you have to realize the other countries of the world have telescopes and information too. We can see their information, every government would have to be in agreement to hide something like a flair or asteroid I think.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join