It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh yes, that reminds me. I spoke online for a good while with an employee that works at NSO. He did work at Sun Spot for 11 years. He said it is funded but it’s so low they are going to shut it down soon because of he bad ass Hawaii one being built. They will be moving some of that stuff there. However, he’s at similar conlusions. He said it’s not an alien, his bosses don’t know and the one that does can’t say anything but he did say “if this would have happened a few years ago, no one would’ve batted an eye”. He said it wasn’t anything crazy. Order if could be another fake person covering. He did this on public forum. I have every single pic too, uploaded everything to cloud
reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Oh, and as for the "guys on the antenna towers" and so forth, this was likely just researchers taking down salvageable comms equipment, newer stuff, before the feds shut them out.

In fact, it was this element which intrigued me the most, and now I can understand it.

Think about it...if it was truly a National Security issue...don't you think there would be guards preventing people from entering (and not just some yellow "Caution" tape)??? There would be black ops guys crawling all over that place! (but there aren't...why?).

Why leave the computers behind and server room air conditioning on?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

"Bad news, guys, we're accelerating the scheduled shut down. We'll try to get most of you reassigned" is not the type of conversation that requires Bureau agents, a FBI THU, a mandatory 15-minute evacuation of the town, leaving everyone locally scratching their heads, shutting down mail service, and a press release about staying closed indefinitely for "security reasons".

So while the answer might turn out relatively mundane, I'm pretty sure that's not the answer.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The observatory facebook page and some employees have been posting about the potential increased tourist volume when it reopens, this would seem to negate the notion that this is all a controlled shutdown.

link   

Not to so easily discount this, but there are several factors which make me think it’s a tad more complex:

Facts:
1. References to site closure are marked as ‘temporary’.
2. Quote by the Director states that he ordered a quick and orderly evacuation (there would be advanced warning for a shutdown).
3. Residents have been quoted as being in the dark.
4. EPA and grant funding documentation extend out to at least 2019.

Speculation:
1. The current telescope specifications are being duplicated, but that site is still under construction—may be more sites where I’m unfamiliar with their specs.
2. I wouldn’t think the FBI would be involved with usual shutdown activities. The military is more likely with this particular site.
3. Local authorities would not traditionally be in the dark about a shutdown.
4. Why reference ‘footage’ and maintain silence if this was just a normal shutdown.

link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

There are still functions and observations going on, but as stated; the facility is not occupied full time. It is only visited periodically (this is not conjecture, but fact, you can look it up).

With operational equipment, why would you turn off the computers? hence the A/C.

Simple explanation.

link   

Okay folks, after a BUNCH of research on this subject today (while supposedly "working") here's what I have found...

This may not be the "final answer", but I believe it will ultimately be 'part' of the answer.

The Sunspot Observatory has been in the process of being shut down for quite a long time now. It is only occasionally occupied. The observatory has been in service since 1949, and the facilities are quite old. Yes, they have some new gear there, but the structures and facilities are ancient.

Yes, the facilities and associated post office and surrounding area were, in fact, evacuated. And, apparently the FBI was, in fact, involved. And yes, the locals were not told of the reasoning. All of this seems to be true. However...

The facility is nearly a ghost facility anyway, and much of the observations still being performed are automated (meaning they are not manned). It's entirely possible there was a threat, or some illicit activities going on nearby, or any number of other things which caused this. Having grown up in a very small town myself, I've seen local authorities be left out of the loop when something big goes down (not aliens, or end of the Earth kind of stuff, but just big drug deals or crime syndicate things).

I don't mean to diminish the 'conspiracy' here, but after considerable research it seems this facility is pretty much at the end of it's useful life and nearly abandoned. Just look at some of the pictures...it's OLD. It was kind of "out of the way, and out of the public eye" anyway, ,and now all of a sudden it's attracted all this attention. If this was some super-sonic state of the art research facility on the cutting edge of mankind there would be thousands of researchers screaming bloody murder about a cover up. Where are they? They're not out there. Just a few folks still "hanging on" and some local Sheriff who's clueless. Even folks who have visited the site say there's just nothing there, and nothing going on...like it's abandoned (which is exactly scheduled to be).

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid this very well might be...much ado about nothing.

maybe right. You could argue the opposite though. The big flashy thing will always get attention. Always. This isn’t that. If I were doing something I didn’t want others to know about I’d do it where they aren’t looking - Hiding in plain sight requires you to blend in - the shiny thing you mention wouldn’t be real easy to hide.

After my research I don’t even know what we’ll find out. This could be a drug issue given the general issues I’ve found in the county based on my research - though I doubt it’s a meth lab/distribution center...

To your point, though, it could be a nothing burger - but a lot of this doesn’t make logical sense - so we’ll wait and see.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Pointing out that it's an old facility brings to mind the uses for old technology. Between that, the disabled webcams and observatories, and all the cloak and dagger crap, I still think something is going on.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ToasterBorst

Wait...the FBI incident is totally NOT part of the controlled shutdown. That's not the point at all!

These things take years, as the funding runs out. The FBI issue is something wholly different, clearly, but the point is, it's not some giant conspiracy.

When I first looked into this I thought it was (check my posts on page 47), but after some pretty good research...there's nothing to see here.

Sorry.

P.S. This is like the feds evacuating the area around an old building which is schedule to be demolished at some distant point in the future, but in the meantime some drug addict bad guys took the place over and started doing some bad ju-ju in the place (just an example).

link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Oh, and as for the "guys on the antenna towers" and so forth, this was likely just researchers taking down salvageable comms equipment, newer stuff, before the feds shut them out.

In fact, it was this element which intrigued me the most, and now I can understand it.

Think about it...if it was truly a National Security issue...don't you think there would be guards preventing people from entering (and not just some yellow "Caution" tape)??? There would be black ops guys crawling all over that place! (but there aren't...why?).

Why leave the computers behind and server room air conditioning on?

Bingo AR.

This isn’t getting shut down. There’s valuable info on those servers. They can and got something very specific.

Also, to the point of lax security - this place is in the middle of bfe. You could see someone coming from a long way away. Satellites could see you from far, far off and reinforcements could be air dropped real fast.

It also has a lot of eyes on it now. A dozen well trained and well armed guards could hold this down for a while.

link   
I did and I might was intercepted. I took video of them, but they confiscated my phone. I made the mistake of calling a lot of people asking questions I think. I don’t think I was ever that scared before.

However, my mother is a very prominent person let’s just say, so they let me go, and my phone with it. Didn’t get to upload, so went and got another one. But if you decide to go down there, maybe pm me first. reply to: caterpillage

link   
a reply to: Plzbetrue

We wont lose good info dont worry, its been backed up by multiple people by now. I've been having some bad feeling about you, you wanna PM me the details about the federal imprisonment scare ? Or any of the other details I'm just catching up.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Very well. However, this has gone on way too long for many of those theories to be real.

Mark my words...this will turn out to be nothing more than a police action related to some criminal activity at an nearly abandoned facility on a remote mountain top. If it wasn't, it would have attracted way more attention from the scientific community...and it hasn't. It simply hasn't. This is very telling!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I believe it’s still rated as the highest definition lens out of all of them. It got a huge upgrade someone back. It’s funded through 2019. And it’s being used at the new Hawaii base. a reply to: EnigmaChaser

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

There are other problems with this though. The Sunspot Observatory was more or less controlled by NMSU and they have stated they were in the dark until recently.

Additionally, along with this, they have created out a calendar of events and these were schedule into the future with information added as recently as late August. That’s not the steps any reasonable organization takes in the days leading up to a shutdown.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I am a new contributor to this website but have lurked here on and off for a number of years. Not sure if this has been discussed, but the Solar Minimum we're due for, over the coming months, and years, is a likely motivation for shutting down that observatory so abruptly. It seems like such a move would have to be done by executive order. It's odd to have no press release... gives the impression of a massive cover-up. Why do you silence all of those employees unless it's something juicy. The prospect of a Little Ice Age is scary, but we're long past due for something which could be worse if you review the temperature record. Certain global parties would have us believe the sun is a minor player and MAN drives climate. Maybe some of these individuals hold some sway and thwarted a damning release of information.

I'm obviously speculating like many here. The Big Bear observatory has an 'activity report' off of their main page. It still shows 'very low' solar activity. It has for over a year now. I'm surprised this facility didn't publish their work publicly. Apparently, given the whole 'Black Hawk' thing, they were not simply operating on behalf of the University.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Well, the good news is, if it’s simple police action the courts in New Mexico and associated records are easily accessible online—I was just digging in there a few moments ago looking for connections.

If you’re correct, I’ll be happy to be among the first to say it. But at this point, I’m of more mind to believe that it’s some national security angle.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

You guys don't understand the shutdown process of research facilities do you? It takes YEARS! not days.

These facilities are funded by research grants, and the (researchers) who run them desperately hang on for every last cent of grant money, it's their life. Over time they shut elements down which they can no longer support, but it doesn't happen overnight! Not even close! Sometimes it takes decades, and this facility is no different. It's been in service for nearly 70 years!! No scientific research facility can last that long. But hey, people don't want to drive their VW micro-bus to a different location, they don't want to move, they can't afford a new pair of Birkenstocks...this is in their backyard and this is their home, and they're not going to let go.

I've seen it a million times! (even in some distant countries in some of the remotest areas imaginable). People (researchers) get "comfortable", and they don't want to change.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Perhaps it has ;

And this was in August and never followed by his promised video 2

www.youtube.com...

Though YouTube jonxarmy
is more recent and more explanatory

edit on 13-9-2018 by steaming because: Forgot the 2nd part

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
BigDave—sent you a PM.