It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Definitely would have liked to check that out if it were me. Trying to see what looks like had been moved, or missing, equipment etc would be what I would specifically look for. I checked today to see how long of a drive it would be if I felt like taking a weekend trip there and checking it out myself... Unfortunately with it being a 20 hour drive one way, I decided against it.

One other thing I really want to see is video footage of this place at night.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Umm. Triple post. My bad

Lol that's the 2nd time I've seen you pull a triple in this thread....

I've been drinking. Got some nice IPA going down.

It’s all good I was thinking about having some bushmills Irish whiskey on the rocks, been a long week.

GBP- Was that a question to me? Or am I just not thinking southern enough?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36
I'm now beginning to think that whatever is happening has very little to do with the physical location. Let's take a step back and look at it again.

FBI raids the place, kick everyone out with no explanation. Has sheriff assist in evac and then stonewalls them until they leave. Claims "Security threat" and nothing more. Agents messing with antennas and towers. They toss up Caution tape, a portable sign and then leave. No presence of agents, security personnel or even maintenance crew.

Mercury theft and/or spill has been ruled out due to the enormity and stupidity of such a task. Plus no agents in spacesuits and SCBA even though it wouldn't be necessary.

Bomb threat is out the window due to no bomb squad. Plus it would've only been shut down for a few hours and then open again.

Post Office played a role in it? Not likely. White powder would've required the workers to get tested but we know they were moved to a neighboring post office and no quarantine or clean up crews seen scrubbing the place down. The location inside the little wall is what got it shut down, in my opinion.

Aliens!? Unfortunately, not this time. While many other observatories have been shut down for some time around the globe, many others have not been and that info would've leaked by now, from somebody. I'll circle back to this in a minute.

Someone threatened someone? Come on, Sheriff, the FBI doesn't fly in a response crew for that. It would've been your job, Sheriff!

Spy infiltrated the place? Now we are getting closer to what may be the real answer. RadioRobert mentioned the software and how valuable it could be in the hands of someone with a Directed Energy Weapon. The amount of data for moving, directing, aiming the mirrors would have to be enormous and contain more lines of code than I'll ever write in my life. Why write your own when you could gain access to some of the most advanced software on the world just by sending a student over to study astronomy and load a backdoor onto the system? Or even better, save the airfare and tuition and find your own backdoor to the system. I'm guessing with it being an outdated observatory that was going to be moving, the network may not have been updated recently. Also, who would have thought an observatory would be a prime target for hack? The FBI deals with cyber-security. If the system was being remotely accessed, yank those wires down from the antennas ASAP! Evacuate everyone and get them out of your way so you can grab the servers, hard drives, etc. and head back to wherever to find out where the attack happened, when it happened and what all they were able to get. No need to post any guards there because you've got everything, nobody can go in and work because you've got their computers. So, just toss up some yellow tape, a stop sign and leave town. Now, circling back to the other observatories that have been shut down or had other anomalies. What if they are connected to the same network as Sunspot? And even if they weren't, they might have been put on alert to check their stuff. So, they shut down, run through everything, if it's ok they are running again but if not, they remain shut down until they figure out the severity of their breach. In my opinion, this is what makes the most sense, checks all of the checkmarks and is the most viable answer.

I think this is the answer - ultimately. Though I’m also convinced we won’t know what happened for a number of years.

My post about 30 pages ago mentioned cyber attack/data breach. This is a soft target. Highly likely to me that this is exactly what happened - which isn’t as awesome as some of our dreams of the situation but a pretty BFD none the less.

I’m also personally convinced that’s not FBI on site. If it’s actually a data breach, it’s nsa or cia. That’s national security stuff and way, way above the FBI IMO.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
a reply to: Fiscal

This article from 3 days ago:

www.google.com...
yes saw that

From ten pages ago......and I call fake reasoning.....cheese ball logic from NASA

Recap...I say huh uh...naw nyet...liars....what else...brb

Oh maybe....ok
edit on 13-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Most likely, that info has been passed around a lot without any proof.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublishedShadow

Definitely would have liked to check that out if it were me. Trying to see what looks like had been moved, or missing, equipment etc would be what I would specifically look for. I checked today to see how long of a drive it would be if I felt like taking a weekend trip there and checking it out myself... Unfortunately with it being a 20 hour drive one way, I decided against it.

One other thing I really want to see is video footage of this place at night.

It’s actually closer to me than I was thinking I could make it in one leg 12 hours from my location, actually tempting I’ve been thinking about visiting some family out west....

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So I was just flipping through AM radio on my way home from taking my boyfriend to work and this story was being talked about on one of the stations. Talk show called Ground Zero I believe?

A caller named Sam called in to discuss the situation and clearly was using some type of voice distortion so as to not use his actual voice. He said that sunspot was hacked by China Becauae they were looking into weather modification using sun plasma at this observatory? And that something very unexpected and surprising will happen with Hurricane Florence.

Another part that goes with the weather modification story, there is apparently a very severe typhoon off the coast of Hong Kong right now that is about to hit and be pretty damaging according to the host of the radio show.

Take this as you will, could be complete BS. Going to see if the show is recorded online or anything as it was the first time I’ve listened to it. I was just surprised to hear someone talking about it.

Here’s a link explaining what he talked about. Again could be crazy but since we have not much else at this point...

Link about the story
edit on 13-9-2018 by ML8715 because: Added link

link   

Bigdave, check your pm

link   

There have been a lot of people visiting already, maybe wait and see what happens to them ?

Otherwise I'll be here waiting for the results
it's too bad I'm so darn far away, like really far away.
edit on 13-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ML8715
So I was just flipping through AM radio on my way home from taking my boyfriend to work and this story was being talked about on one of the stations. Talk show called Ground Zero I believe?

A caller named Sam called in to discuss the situation and clearly was using some type of voice distortion so as to not use his actual voice. He said that sunspot was hacked by China Becauae they were looking into weather modification using sun plasma at this observatory? And that something very unexpected and surprising will happen with Hurricane Florence.

Another part that goes with the weather modification story, there is apparently a very severe typhoon off the coast of Hong Kong right now that is about to hit and be pretty damaging according to the host of the radio show.

Take this as you will, could be complete BS. Going to see if the show is recorded online or anything as it was the first time I’ve listened to it. I was just surprised to hear someone talking about it.

I believe it was linked some pages back.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

If I go it’d be in the morning this is my Friday night but I drove all day and already cracked some drinks.

Bigdave, check your pm

I don’t have any yet...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, I keep coming back to the fact that other observatories and webcams have been taken offline as well.

I think that's an important point.

Why? If nothing big is happening, why?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Not sure if this has been covered but I found it interesting enough to share.

Seven days. Seven flares. Is the end of times upon us?
A week ago, the Sun unleashed its biggest solar flare in more than a decade, a monster X9.3 storm that knocked out radio communications on Earth. This was the second of the week, but the Sun was just getting started.
Over the next few days, flare after flare erupted from the Sun, all from the same region – AR 2673. Yesterday’s X8.2 flare was the most recent, causing the Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) to issue its latest in a string of warnings.
These flares were accompanied by coronal mass ejections (CMEs), huge eruptions of stellar material that can cause geomagnetic storms on Earth. These can hamper satellites in orbit and put astronauts in danger, along with creating powerful aurorae.
Oddly though, the Sun is heading towards the solar minimum – its period of least activity. So what’s going on, and why has it been so active?

www.iflscience.com...

That post is a year old. Just sayin'....check the date. Can't think what it would have to do with the current situation.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Well, I keep coming back to the fact that other observatories and webcams have been taken offline as well.

I haven't been able to find if those claims are true anywhere. Not really concerned about the webcams, but if they are shutting down other observatories I would think this whole thing would be blowing up right now.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Glad to hear you still found time to enjoy some drinks and relax a bit, I just cant stay away for long from this thread. I can't wait to see that supposed footage.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Exactly there's nothing at all to prove other observatories have been affected aside from the webcams and spaceweather.eu specifically.

link   

Thanks! I only got to page 55 of this thread lol still have some catching up to do but I did find it on their website and added the link to my post too.

link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Glad to hear you still found time to enjoy some drinks and relax a bit, I just cant stay away for long from this thread. I can't wait to see that supposed footage.

Yessir can’t forget to unwind although this damn case is driving me nuts it’s a slippery one.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I haven't been able to find if those claims are true anywhere. Not really concerned about the webcams, but if they are shutting down other observatories I would think this whole thing would be blowing up right now.

Someone posted a list of them a few pages back. Not sure what the source was, but the list was surprising.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I’m back guys! And yes I know the video was fake. Boy do I have some # to tel you, I never made it, I have a new phone, and I thought I was going to federal prison. I’ll explain when this is done, we have to keep going guys. Video and take pics of everything so we have. # ton of evidence. Don’t ever go to NM. It is like they say. I got me some adderol and I’ll stay up for days to solve this. Also is there a way to kick the ones out that shoot in # information? I’m worried we’re going to have too many people and lose good info.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join