It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What kind of a security issue requires a place to be evacuated for a week?

I'm trying to figure out how a research group is addressing a security issue. What'd they do, manage to go Half Life or something?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: 321cya

I also saw a comment that made me take a step back too..someone has posted "well, what about the folks who were working there ? Has anyone determined if they are okay ?"

That is a good point, sometimes we get so caught up it's easy to miss the human element and of course the reports of pets being left also.

Very true. I have no direct connection to anyone up there but I do know that my boss saw the director of sunspot playing golf Fri (the 7th) morning and he was fine. They didn't play together, just the usual "hey how are doing" contact and he seemed happy and normal. They've known each other for years.
The pet angle is very concerning... I'd never leave my dogs. I feel awful if there's pets up there w out any help.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
White Sands Missile Range is 70+ miles from Sun Spot and the NSO. There are closer vantage-points west of WSMR.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

I'm trying to figure out how a research group is addressing a security issue. What'd they do, manage to go Half Life or something?

They close the Post Office there as well.

Makes me wonder if a "package" was sent that had possible deadly materials in it, or a threat of something being in the facility was sent via mail.....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Makes sense, but knowing the government, probably disinformation to mislead people.

This guys radio program he just claimed that the radio signal that has been repeated from space that they used this observatory also.
I am sure their chat will be talking about it.
kgraradio.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: wylekat

They close the Post Office there as well.

Makes me wonder if a "package" was sent that had possible deadly materials in it, or a threat of something being in the facility was sent via mail.....

I’m inclined to think the post office is almost wholly to serve the facilities and housing and is also behind the perimeter so if you close one for a security problems chances are you’d close the other but it still stinks of something else going on.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Newsweek article about repeating radio signals:

www.newsweek.com... _campaign=NewsweekTwitter
edit on vpm09p30Wed, 12 Sep 2018 21:30:42 -0500pm309 by vampira309 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

The article you posted from Esquire reminded me of something. The info about the FBI crawling around, landing a Blackhawk, climbing the towers, etc. came from the Sheriff. While we have pretty much already determined that the FBI and Blackhawk stuff is solid evidence and not just speculation at this point, I wanted to point it out where the info actually came from.

After typing that, now I'm 2nd guessing what that means. Does it mean that he is giving a true account of what he knows or is he just a DisInfo agent? Hmmmmm 🤔

Thanks for the article and refresher of the early info and the actual source of that info!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36

The article you posted from Esquire reminded me of something. The info about the FBI crawling around, landing a Blackhawk, climbing the towers, etc. came from the Sheriff. While we have pretty much already determined that the FBI and Blackhawk stuff is solid evidence and not just speculation at this point, I wanted to point it out where the info actually came from.

After typing that, now I'm 2nd guessing what that means. Does it mean that he is giving a true account of what he knows or is he just a DisInfo agent? Hmmmmm 🤔

Thanks for the article and refresher of the early info and the actual source of that info!

No problem glad I could help try to figure out what’s going on out there, it still baffles me that we have nothing solid after nearly a week....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Otto: " Its a smoke-screen. A double-bluff ".

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Plzbetrue

Remember, the entire area is a National Forest. That means Federal land, Federal rules, Federal agents, Federal detention. IF you are armed, guns are permitted in National Forests (some restrictions apply) but also keep in mind the previous sentence. Federal agents would much rather shoot you than actually take you alive. They can get all the info they need about you with you dead so they don't need to alive. Be careful

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Great thread. Lots of great comments and things to think about. My thoughts:

What’s its not Based on my observations:
- a drill
- environmental/bio hazard
- terrorists
- related to the missile range
- a physical threat to the site
- gunman/personnel issue
- bomb threat/explosives
- a false flag

What it could be (not in order of importance):
- point of entry for a cyber attack on government systems
- the observatory picked up a US asset it wasn’t supposed to.
- the observatory picked up a non-US asset it wasn’t expecting (terrestrial in origin - and they’re stoked!).
- the observatory picked up a solar occurrence that’s troubling or an object in space that posses a much larger than normal threat to the earth
- The observatory identified something extraterrestrial of intelligent construct
- the observatory found something on the far side of the sun (planetary, possibly) that it wasn’t supposed to/is a game changer.
- there’s more built into the facility than we’re aware of and someone either found it/broke it/or it did what it was supposed to and uncovered something of importance.

I also doubt this is FBI. I bet C_A or another black ops division. Why? It doesn’t feel like a crime scene. This feels like an intelligence/information issue - not an outside criminal issue - particularly given its close proximity to miliatary installations. C_A could easily falsify their credentials - they infiltrate foreign governments - faking an FBI credential is a cakewalk.

I’m curious about the following:

- do we have examples of where the FBI - confirmed FBI - operated like this without releasing a statement/briefing local LEOs/got involved where no discernible crime was committed? I can’t think of one off the top of my head.

- way, way back at the beginning of this thread, the local sheriff said, “it could be days or weeks from my experience” (or something to that effect) about how long the “FBI” could be there. So... what’s his experience with that? At this site? He seemed pretty convicted in that statement and it has proven to be true. Anyone know about his background? Makes me wonder what his involvement in this truly is.

- what are all of the possibly military applications these observatories could be used for?

Great thread. Great comments. Great stuff!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

No problem glad I could help try to figure out what’s going on out there, it still baffles me that we have nothing solid after nearly a week....

It's incredibly bizarre that we don't have anything that is even liquid, let alone solid, after a week. I keep reading here and following links and tangent off to other links and nothing makes sense. I like to think I'm pretty decent at locating info but this story has had me scratching my head for an entire week. And even when I get stumped, there is usually someone here that provides the answer. To see the number of people with so many talents on ATS not be able to crack this enigma after this long is a bit troubling in itself. Lol

edit on 9122018 by Tanga36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plzbetrue
Boys I’m heading up there and going in. Just quit my my miserable job and goin off the deep end. I’ll try to livestream when I’m there. It’ll be about 15 hours till I’m there. Can someone start a GroupMe chat so I give live updates I’m driving
You GO big dawg! I once quit a job to go fishing off the rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. If I weren't retired, I'd quit my job and join ya on this crazy op....hahaha!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by:
edit on 12-9-2018 by KeithCooper because: double post...accidental

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
New information posted on Wikipedia, including

AURA,not the the FBI, closed the site.
AURA seemingly coming under scrutiny for poor handling of what has happened.
Sunspot under new director since this year

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hopefully I did this right but this is a picture from today that I found on a public Facebook page of the stop sign and tape blocking entrance. This was supposedly taken today. Looks like a ghost town.

edit on CDT12America/Chicago02018201891320182018-09-13T00:25:53-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
Hopefully I did this right but this is a picture from today that I found on a public Facebook page of the stop sign and tape blocking entrance. This was supposedly taken today. Looks like a ghost town.

I didn't notice it in the picture from the original stories (pretty blurry pic and from a distance, but I still didn't look very hard) but on this one it is clear that the yellow tape just says "Caution" on it. Looking at the pic from one of the first stories, it seems that it's the same "Caution" tape a week ago. Are police, FBI, other LE agencies using generic "Caution" tape now or do they still use "Police Line Do Not Cross" or similar wording to distinguish that anything beyond that is under control of law enforcement? May not mean anything but wanted to point it out.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There is an explanation for this but ...

I am not allowed to post it.

Seems the likely truth is off topic for some strange reason.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join