It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

You are right. Nothing makes sense.

Maybe that is why we have not had a press conference yet. Even the feds can not come up with a plausible/false story that will not be shot full of holes.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think I have some possible insight on that. It looks like there’s a residential area on observatory grounds. My theory is that it was these homes that were affected. They are also behind the ‘gate’. I’ll see if I can locate a web copy of the grounds picture I’m looking at.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Pretty sure the evac was Friday morning, on the 7th.
At least according to the news articles.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Pretty sure the evac was Friday morning, on the 7th.
At least according to the news articles.
Their Facebook message says the 6th. So I don't know lol

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Couldn’t find it. I just uploaded my copy to Imgur:

m.imgur.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The whole town of Sunspot was built around the observatory. Mostly residents and a post office. No stores or gas stations.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal

I think I have some possible insight on that. It looks like there’s a residential area on observatory grounds. My theory is that it was these homes that were affected. They are also behind the ‘gate’. I’ll see if I can locate a web copy of the grounds picture I’m looking at.

But if it was a routine closing of the facility how could they evacuate residential properties? It seems to me they would have to have a declared emergency and or serious investigation going to legally deprive people of acsess to there property....
I would be pissed if someone tried to keep me out of my home over a facility closing....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yep, about 80 folks according to census. The gate that was taped off is just ahead of the fire station as far as I can tell. That’s just my theory as to why the townspeople were evacuated—due to their location on the grounds.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yes, they were evacuated because of being close to the observatory.
But what is going on there that prompted the evacuation?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Check that map, it’s almost setup like temporary residential on a military base—it makes me wonder if they (the residents) actually owned any property.

I also don’t believe it was a routine closure though.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Great question. I think that’s why we’re all here!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Yes, they were evacuated because of being close to the observatory.
But what is going on there that prompted the evacuation?

And how would you justify said evacuation with “yeah y’all need to leave with in15 minutes because we need to close that observatory today and you get no warning or say, so go ahead and freak out there’s totally nothing to worry about folks” I know the government has some balls but that seems flippant even for them...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The National Solar Observatory in Sunspot New Mexico has been closed since last Thursday.

Thursday was the 6th.

www.kvia.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Check that map, it’s almost setup like temporary residential on a military base—it makes me wonder if they (the residents) actually owned any property.

Looks owned to me

www.realtor.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Then why evacuate civilian homes? Nothing adds up and it’s killing me!

I don't think they were exactly "civilian" home. Most likely owner by the observatory and used solely to house observatory employee and support people.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Then why evacuate civilian homes? Nothing adds up and it’s killing me!

I don't think they were exactly "civilian" home. Most likely owner by the observatory and used solely to house observatory employee and support people.

The link I just posted tends to suggest otherwise....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

As far as I can tell, Crossroads is offsite based on the streets I’m looking at. The terrain on the picture also seems to be different from the terrain I’ve seen in observatory photos/videos.

Do we know if people that far out were evacuated or have we heard anything confirmed there?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I'm certain it was all observatory property. Who would buy a house in Sunspot? It's not like it's a seller's market where when you work is finished and you move on you're good to put you place on the market and unload it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

not on the site

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Someone kind enough please throw some addresses at me and I'll run down county records for said properties to try to put ownership to bed....

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join