It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plzbetrue
I have been stonewalled non stop trying to get media (large and small). I knew it was gonna happen to but they read and ignored everything. I have every bit of information and tons of screenshots from day one.

I’ve read online we’re getting another storm today as well. But the fact that all the observatories are out of service and they say they’ll be down for a few weeks potentially makes me think they’re waiting on something to happen.

It’s scaring me. There was suppose to be a press conference. It seems from that video the guy got that they are gone. If anyone has it somehow please send it, it would be a great piece to have. I got dark web looking into it, I still have hope for that.

PS- regarding the antennas my step dad was military and was down there fairly often in NM. He said that it sounds like those are signal blockers which would make complete sense. Of course that’s just a theory. If anyone’s got some new magic info that would be great lol....

That makes sense gah I can’t think of the name but the end terminations that short signal to ground for line diagnosis as well....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This topic is moving so fast, along with my kid having some health issues, that I might've missed some gold information you guys are sharing.

If anyone, please, can make a summary of what we do know for sure and what we're speculating right now I'd be very thankful!! I'm really interested on this story and am daily looking for some new info on Google and Facebook, but ATS seems like the best place to dig into it, especially since I don't "do" the chans.

Anyways, keep up the good work guys! I haven't seen a conspiracy like this in a long time. Truly amazing.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
This topic is moving so fast, along with my kid having some health issues, that I might've missed some gold information you guys are sharing.

If anyone, please, can make a summary of what we do know for sure and what we're speculating right now I'd be very thankful!! I'm really interested on this story and am daily looking for some new info on Google and Facebook, but ATS seems like the best place to dig into it, especially since I don't "do" the chans.

Anyways, keep up the good work guys! I haven't seen a conspiracy like this in a long time. Truly amazing.

In my eyes EPA/OSHA/Hazmat at least related to the mercury for the lens support have been completely ruled out.
Closure-Doesn’t add up
Terror/espionage/security breach- Still up in the air if it was Terrorst related I’d expect DHS to have a presence over FBI.
Discovery of something that needs a lid on it- Still up in the air
Disgruntled employee- Pretty well ruled out by local LEOs being excluded
Mail connection- Still up in the air
First Contact- surprisingly still viable
Fed land grab- Response doesn’t add up
Theft- Still doubtful

I’m sure I’m missing some but this is still a real head scratcher.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR
In a lot of cases, antenna equipment is essentially air gapped. Not sure about the specific hardware they have out there, but I’ve looked at cellular and landline Internet options and it’s pretty lacking. That’s what leads me to believe that the antenna system likely operates in isolation. If that’s the case, that’s where I’d look to hardware manipulation as the easier option.

In consumer terms, you’re likely to have an easier time stealing credit card information by popping a skimmer on the reader than attempting to hack the reader’s network. Social options and interactions are usually the weakest link in any security system.

edit on 12-9-2018 by Fiscal because: Spelling.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

To add a point for consideration regarding the mail, the Post Office seems to be behind the ‘gate’ and on observatory grounds. Its closure may be as simple as that or far more complex.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The feds got a chopper in this remote area so they can quickly transport tech personnel, equipment. This seems like the feds are exercising a pre planned op, but into what. If it takes days then it seems like they are actively monitoring or intercepting data or seizing control of the entire area for their own use. Maybe ET phoned home. It's bizarre for sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I believe that something has occurred or will BE occurring in the sky that they don’t want us to see.a reply to: threeeyesopen

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: itswhatev

I feel like a broken record myself, and it's a bit exhausting really. More headache inducing than anything.

I've been burned before and I'm not sure exactly how to approach this, although not with both feet at once is a good start.

I'm trying hard not to steer things in one particular direction or sound like I'm predicting the end of the world or something. All of this is highly coincidental.

There are a lot of people lurking on ATS these days regarding this topic, and it's up to us to lead by example, and not get ahead of ourselves. You wouldn't believe the references to ATS out there, it seems as though we have a good thing going here.

been on ATS for awhile this is one of the most civil and reasonable threads Ive ever seen, speculation has been pointed out, over the top possible reasons have been pointed out as unlikely. like the letter from the former employee thats relevant but its still doesnt answer why did they say security reasons then back track among other legitimate questions that arent getting answered. If it is routine why all the subterfuge? the back tracking sounds like Roswell lite lol its a saucer with strange writing to it was just a weather balloon. The next day.

Not saying anything world changing is going on its likely not, just dont act like its not a bit strange and answer the questions.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal

To add a point for consideration regarding the mail, the Post Office seems to be behind the ‘gate’ and on observatory grounds. Its closure may be as simple as that or far more complex.

Indeed but you’d think the post office would close before the facility if it was just a standard shutdown....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Agreed. According to the KVIA article, Spurgeon seems to indicate the USPS was told a day ahead of time, so it was definitely short notice.

It makes me wonder how much notice the observatory got and nobody seems to be saying on that front.

Now that I think about it, if the Post Office knew a day in advance then it was unlikely a surprise ‘raid’. You would think that giving the Post Office advanced warning would likely tip off anyone at the observatory as it would have to be a tight knit community for how small it is.

Edit: I went back to review the Post Office knowing ahead of time and I can’t seem to find a reference. It’s probably confusion on my part as the quote is they were informed on September 6, but I could swear there was a quote somewhere about being told the previous night. Please disregard the whole speculation on this post unless I can locate that quote.

edit on 12-9-2018 by Fiscal because: See edit.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Agreed. According to the KVIA article, Spurgeon seems to indicate the USPS was told a day ahead of time, so it was definitely short notice.

It makes me wonder how much notice the observatory got and nobody seems to be saying on that front.

Now that I think about it, if the Post Office knew a day in advance then it was unlikely a surprise ‘raid’. You would think that giving the Post Office advanced warning would likely tip off anyone at the observatory as it would have to be a tight knit community for how small it is.

Edit: I went back to review the Post Office knowing ahead of time and I can’t seem to find a reference. It’s probably confusion on my part as the quote is they were informed on September 6, but I could swear there was a quote somewhere about being told the previous night. Please disregard the whole speculation on this post unless I can locate that quote.

No worries there’s a whole lot to sort through and nothing solid yet..... vweird....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Good point, as far as I have seen the only information we have regarding the personel and their evacuation comes from one YouTube comment and various small Facebook comments.

They do all have a tone of being rushed out though, as if it was planned but the sense of urgency was such that wanted people gone asap.
edit on 12-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: Sentence structure.

edit on 12-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Zerohedge posted something earlier, apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread, just off an airplane for a biz trip, TLDR.

www.zerohedge.com...

The interesting part...

Just in case you were blowing off the tin-foil-hat views of the observatory closure, we note that all these solar/space cams down at the same time:
AXIS 232D Network Dome Camera located in Sydney Australia
Webcams located at SOAR Observatory – The Southern Astrophysical Research Telescope located in Chile
BRT Tenerife Telescope Webcam located in Spain
Webcam located at Mauna Kea observatory at the University of Hawaii Hilo
Webcam from the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope observatory in Hawaii
Webcam at JAT OBservatory in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

edit on 12-9-2018 by SpartanStoic because: Broken Link

edit on 12-9-2018 by SpartanStoic because: Fixed link.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Zerohedge posted something earlier, apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread, just off an airplane for a biz trip, TLDR.

www.zerohedge.com...< br />
The interesting part...

Just in case you were blowing off the tin-foil-hat views of the observatory closure, we note that all these solar/space cams down at the same time:
AXIS 232D Network Dome Camera located in Sydney Australia
Webcams located at SOAR Observatory – The Southern Astrophysical Research Telescope located in Chile
BRT Tenerife Telescope Webcam located in Spain
Webcam located at Mauna Kea observatory at the University of Hawaii Hilo
Webcam from the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope observatory in Hawaii
Webcam at JAT OBservatory in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

The claim was posted but not the link thanks much.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The homes in the town were evacuated in addition to the post office and observatory, according to Facebook comments from those who live there, as well as video news interviews with locals . They were rushed out with 15 minutes notice and not told when they might be able to return. It is a very small town so not many were impacted, but they were removed.

So, I don't really think the post office being behind the gate was the deciding factor.
edit on 9/12/18 by BlueAjah because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I've seen it stated as well that the post office was informed on the 6th that the place was being evacuated. I think it was in the alamagordo news article.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well, to clarify, I mean that the Post Office is located on observatory grounds. With the evacuation of the observatory, I find it normal that they would clear the Post Office also.

Previously, there had been additional speculation regarding why the Post Office was shut down too. My personal theory is that it just happened to be located at the observatory and therefore was also evacuated. In other words, early speculation had discussed things like anthrax via mail or the FBI using it as an office—I believe the Post Office link to be an issue of location not correlation.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The 6th is the day the FBI showed up and evacuated.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If that were the case, why would they have evacuated surrounding residents as well?

I think the fact that residents were also removed negates the theory that an event at the post office was the cause. Also, a snail mail would not have resulted in FBI working on antenna towers at the observatory.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

Well, to clarify, I mean that the Post Office is located on observatory grounds. With the evacuation of the observatory, I find it normal that they would clear the Post Office also.

Previously, there had been additional speculation regarding why the Post Office was shut down too. My personal theory is that it just happened to be located at the observatory and therefore was also evacuated. In other words, early speculation had discussed things like anthrax via mail or the FBI using it as an office—I believe the Post Office link to be an issue of location not correlation.

Then why evacuate civilian homes? Nothing adds up and it’s killing me!

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join