It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: caterpillage

Yes. It was placed there for a reason.

There might be, but I don't know all the locations.

Well. It was a gov installation until recently. Reportable to the Gov, if anything is seen, or found, that would impact national security, they would need a way to contact some very important people, easily and quickly, and for that you need secure comms.

Comms that a privately run facility has no business having on site.
That's my guess anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

He was in Australia recently. Standing on his head like that rushed too much blood to his brain.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Noice 1 m8

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So, I have been sitting on a little bit of info the last few days and have been attempting to figure out how to share it without burning everyone involved. Even though my source and related info is not anywhere on the same level as what I'm sure Zaph's is, they are most definitely intimately involved with the story and I have been able to corroborate this as fact. I'm trying to carefully word this so I apologize if it's a little incoherent.

While most here will agree that the official story is complete BS, what I have gathered through multiple correspondences with this person confirms this to be a true statement. As for concrete answers as to what is the truth, I'm still unable to definitively cross most possibilities off the list.

So basically I have not moved the story any further towards the ultimate goal but have been able to confirm there truly is more to this deal. As to whether or not the real story ever comes out, it doesn't really sound like there is much of a chance of that happening but I've been surprised before.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Congrats, you and associates are now part of the government cover up.

You made it to the other side.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Curiosity just went through a massive dust storm that lasted months, with the computer shut down. Considering the rovers were designed for a 90 day mission, it's not surprising the computer is starting to act up.

Curiosity was designed for a two-year minimum mission. It was expected to perhaps last 5-6 years (which we're at). It has a RTG which will supply power for probably another 5-10 years. Other systems (notably the drive wheels and motors) are probably toward the end of the their lifespans. It's well past the two-year warranty date, but it wasn't a 90 day mission. Wouldn't surprise me if they diagnose and patch this for limited operations for another few years.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Meteor, 2009, Christopher LLoyd, and The Comet Casandra
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I was thinking "Deep Impact"

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

It's said to be a problem with the flash memory like Oppy has. With Oppy they store the data in RAM now that the flash is bad. Curi has a different computer system and the flash is not on the same board as the RAM. So they will have to switch to the redundant backup computer if blocking off parts of the flash memory does not fix the problem. That is what I have been told anyway, who knows could be Martians. They think the live data problem is an unrelated glitch and should not be a problem to recover from. Or she could be dead

I bet he was thinking about the MER's, he even wrote rovers not rover...

edit on 23-9-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Official conspiracy attention span : 15 days.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Yep, sure was.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Patiently waiting for the suspect to be arrested and prosecuted....

I'd put the meme up with the skeleton sitting on the park bench, but I'm having a lazy day.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
new article and expecting part 2 tomorrow.

There is some rumor on another site that the village residents were given a cash payout and made to sign NDAs. ??

gizadeathstar.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I posted this a few weeks ago because I kept seeing talk about Cams offline etc. Well this one you can check yourself:

Data missing on all SECCHI satellites feeds. The time frame correlates with the date of Sunspot Observatory shutdown. Approximately 8 hours missing.

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

I'm wondering if any other observatories has this missing data? Feel free to help me dig.

The shutdown of Sunspot was September 6th. The date with the missing data is September 7, 2018. It skips from midnight to 07:00 something hours. Plug in the date and hit submit. It happens for both Satellites.

Edit: If you want to see something really crazy, go to the same date last year using SECCHI-A COR2.

Also, does anyone no any other places to find footage of the sun that's been archived. I'm tryin SOHO but it's not returning anything.

Latest images of the sun:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

EDIT: I'm starting to think that something happened in 2017 on September 6 and they knew it would happen again this year so they pulled the footage. If anyone can find video during these timeframes from some other satellites other than SECCHI without missing hours from the 6th and 7th let me know! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThaDudeAbidez
I posted this a few weeks ago because I kept seeing talk about Cams offline etc. Well this one you can check yourself:

Data missing on all SECCHI satellites feeds. The time frame correlates with the date of Sunspot Observatory shutdown. Approximately 8 hours missing.

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

I'm wondering if any other observatories has this missing data? Feel free to help me dig.

The shutdown of Sunspot was September 6th. The date with the missing data is September 7, 2018. It skips from midnight to 07:00 something hours. Plug in the date and hit submit. It happens for both Satellites.

Edit: If you want to see something really crazy, go to the same date last year using SECCHI-A COR2.

Also, does anyone no any other places to find footage of the sun that's been archived. I'm tryin SOHO but it's not returning anything.

Latest images of the sun:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

EDIT: I'm starting to think that something happened in 2017 on September 6 and they knew it would happen again this year so they pulled the footage. If anyone can find video during these timeframes from some other satellites other than SECCHI without missing hours from the 6th and 7th let me know! Thanks!

Those SECCHI anomalies are caused by some unexpected radiation interference to the STEREO satellite scopes.
Those missing times of images could be easily caused by the solar radiation interference.

A guy on youtube clearly debunks the spherical objects here:
youtu.be...

And you got the dates wrong if you really want to compare the solar image dates to NSO shutdown date.
All solar images are shown in UTC time.

Spherical anomalies debunked.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vampira309
new article and expecting part 2 tomorrow.
There is some rumor on another site that the village residents were given a cash payout and made to sign NDAs. ??
gizadeathstar.com...
It's a pity that Linda Moulton Howe has entered the fray, as she can only serve to cast doubt upon the doubters. I'm glad that ATS is keeping the story alive...despite Springer's apparent support for the CP story.

edit on 26-9-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: Indeed!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That area has underground facilities and tunnels that connect all of them. This I know because a law enforcement friend was there when one of them was being built 12 stories down.
Now for my own speculation...
An ET held in one of these facilities escaped, hence the black hawk helicopters, evacuations, exclusion of local authorities, and strange smell. It is possible that the Belgian tourist had visited the observatory and saw something or someone he wasn't supposed to see and became a loose end. According to my law enforcement associates it is highly unusual NOT to release a name once next of kin are notified. It has been over two weeks. Surely they have notified one of his relatives. No cause of death has been released either. Again, highly unusual. The janitor accusations do not hold water. The "official" blather Sounds like Koolaid to me.
Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Atom12

If they were trying to catch a person, or an ET, they did the worst job ever. There was zero evidence of aircraft using IR to watch the woods, no sign of search teams, an even reasonable perimeter to keep things in a set area....
edit on 9/26/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Or maybe another part of his body!

Get your mind out of the gutter! I was thinking his stomach from all those shrimps on the Barbie!!

No news but a nice story about Sunspot up on Wired: The Strange, Sad Case of Sunspot, the Empty Astronomy Town.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Dang, Springer buys the cover story? That's seriously disappointing.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Dang, Springer buys the cover story? That's seriously disappointing.

I tried to call on it but the thread was about dead...

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join