It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

That's interesting, it's 11 now so won't be long before we hear about it

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

We need some of those guys to visit the mountains in East TN...

Scouting for deer season which opens tomorrow my buddy swore he saw a bigfoot. We set out trail cams and I went and scouted with him on a long weekend, and I couldn't stop laughing when I realized it was a black bear walking on its hind legs (happens more than people realize).

Granted it could have been a shape-shifting interdimensional skunk ape that beamed down from whatever he claims to have seen flying overhead recently...

But don't take my word for it, I'm a Contracting Officer and this time of year breeds delirium and minuscule amounts of sleep (why oh why is my birthday at the end of the Fiscal Year every year)...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised to hear them announce that someone put some equipment to spy on Holloman and WSMR up at the observatory and that was the equipment they removed from the tower.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm not Zaph, nor do I have any "real" info but I'm guessing probably not. On the link page it says "Investigation into Ayudando Guardians" as well as "Investigation into Albuquerque Police Department"
A quick Google search told me that the Ayundando Guardians have been under Grand Jury indictment since at least early December 2017 for possible embezzlement of grant money. It's possible that I'm not reading what the link is saying correctly but my guess is they are unrelated to the Observatory. However, it might be something to keep an eye on simply due to location and timing. Then again, the timing of the announcement might also be part of the "look over here, not over there" campaign to get the local media away from asking more questions.
edit on 9212018 by Tanga36 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The issue I'm seeing with the spying angle is that it could EASILY backfire on them with the media. The way they are going right now, they are going to want to tie a "spying" deal to the Chinese or Russia or N Korea just to be able to then spin it against Trump. While I do not want to bring politics into this amazing thread, I fear that a spy cover story could backfire and turn into a media firestorm simply b/c politics.
edit on 9212018 by Tanga36 because: Again typo

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36

I'm not Zaph, nor do I have any "real" info but I'm guessing probably not. On the link page it says "Investigation into Ayudando Guardians" as well as "Investigation into Albuquerque Police Department"
A quick Google search told me that the Ayundando Guardians have been under Grand Jury indictment since at least early December 2017 for possible embezzlement of grant money. It's possible that I'm not reading what the link is saying correctly but my guess is they are unrelated to the Observatory. However, it might be something to keep an eye on simply due to location and timing. Then again, the timing of the announcement might also be part of the "look over here, not over there" campaign to get the local media away from asking more questions.

Ok... After checking the site some more. Both the investigation into the Ayundando Guardians and the investigation into the Albuquerque Police Department deals are links to the pages regarding those separate investigations. Makes more sense now! Lol!

So, it's possible the news conference has something to do with the observatory!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

Agreed, but they could always pass it off as someone like me. I was part of a group that went to the Edwards and took some pictures of an aircraft. The reaction was ugly to put it mildly.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skunkwerks
Maybe it actually has something to do with the sun and the recent activity surrounding it?

your video is not working.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Meant as a reply to Zaph

You were a part of THAT group?!? If I'm thinking of the same group. Was it the one with the pics of a possible new UAV or Mini B2? If so, I'd like to shake your hand, sir! And even if it wasn't that group, I'd still like to shake your hand because as most are aware, if it's visible in public (even if there is a fence between) and the pics are taken from a place that is legal to be, the pics SHOULD be taken and should ALSO be shared. I applaud you for exercising your Rights as an American.
edit on 9212018 by Tanga36 because: Why do I have silly typos?

edit on 9212018 by Tanga36 because: I'm an idiot

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah, that was me, FredT, and Sammamishman. The general reaction was that we should be thrown in jail, hung, or shot for either taking them or publishing them, despite going to the AF first.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That's odd Zaph, seeing how I thought they informed us the aircraft captured was only a b2 (/wink/nudge). What was their reasoning for being so upset of photographing a white/grey aircraft, that's at least acknowledge enough to provide NFL fly-over appearances?

Did they provide any other explanation of why they were unhappy?

~Winter

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yeah, that was me, FredT, and Sammamishman. The general reaction was that we should be thrown in jail, hung, or shot for either taking them or publishing them, despite going to the AF first.

And I'm sure that general reaction was given by many people who claim to be "Patriots" and who have also sworn to uphold the United States Constitution. I LOVE this country and LOVE the Constitution. I feel that it is OUR duty as Americans to hold the government accountable and all of their toys are yours and mine. So many things are hidden away, shielded by the cloak of "National Security" and personally, I don't agree with much of that. In your situation, you did something I would not have done and you gave them the chance to deem your photos as Classified but they chose not to and you then proceeded to do what anyone else would've done...you shared it with an extremely jealous (because you got that opportunity) community of like minded individuals. Again, I applaud you for doing your job as an American Patriot. Just my 2 cents on an off topic subject.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winterpain

That's odd Zaph, seeing how I thought they informed us the aircraft captured was only a b2 (/wink/nudge). What was their reasoning for being so upset of photographing a white/grey aircraft, that's at least acknowledge enough to provide NFL fly-over appearances?

Did they provide any other explanation of why they were unhappy?

~Winter

I believe one group of his colleague aircraft photogs said that it wasn’t fair game because it was on the ground🙄

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

The Air Force hasn't said anything beyond that. This was the reaction by people on the net.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

My entire house is a Faraday cage. Yours isn't?

Haha, I can only wish.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Grabbed this post so it included both of you.
Here's the link to what the press conference was about.
www.justice.gov...
The gist - Priest has been extradited to face charges for child sexual abuse at Kirtland and Santa Fe National Cemetery in '91 & '92

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Grabbed this post so it included both of you.
Here's the link to what the press conference was about.
www.justice.gov...
The gist - Priest has been extradited to face charges for child sexual abuse at Kirtland and Santa Fe National Cemetery in '91 & '92

Silver lining is they are starting to look into these bastards. Bad news, it is way more widespread than many have thought, and it is disheartening that people would abuse religious power for there seditious impulses.

While that was bitter sweet, we are still on the dark about the observatory, something I think will be a constant.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

My entire house is a Faraday cage. Yours isn't?

Haha, I can only wish.

Fun fact: if you use steel plates, you are protected from any EMPs, can take your tin foil hat off inside AND it's bullet proof

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I knew there was someone else I wanted to include in that post with the updated news conference. I'm glad you found it!

Yeah, it's stomach turning to know that they have gotten away with this crap for so long and used such a trusted position to destroy the lives of so many innocent kids.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Covering a house in ar500 RHA plates isn’t a cheap prospect also you have to maintain conducticivity across all the plates and seal seems with metalicized conductive tape.

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join