It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PublishedShadow

I've heard some people say the X-files was named X after the human X chromosome.
Arbitrager thought they might have been spying on the UCLA "Project Y" at Los Alamos national labs at one point.
The University of California at Los Angeles was founded in 1927; the "At" would be replaced with a comma in 1958.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I thought that was freaking odd too. No way that just happened to be there.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

I thought that was freaking odd too. No way that just happened to be there.

The representative that was posting said that was from someone who moved offices and left all their old chit behind I think s/he(?) implied they left it out to troll the CTs and also claimed they started some of the outlandish rumors which I’m not sure about, me thinks they’re trying to look smarter than they are on this one.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Sounds plausible, I didn't think it was significant, just not accidental. We all know "conspiracy theorists" are made fun off, and that is a obvious troll plant.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I also find it odd if someone left it just to troll, because that implies they expected people to show up .
edit on 17-9-2018 by PublishedShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The employee is Sean Williams.
www.facebook.com...

www.koat.com...

www.news.com.au... 1558573165

and compare the voice

www.kob.com...

Looks a like a guy trying to get 15 minutes of fame

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I know I am beating a dead horse now, but an update anyway.

Turns out the Apache Point Observatory site director has a signed 'special agreement' with the local sheriffs office. This came from an Apache Point Observatory member of staff. Seems he always bragging about it around the observatory.

The same Apache Point Observatory member of staff also told me he is worried that his boss at Apache Point Observatory knew all along what was happening and he put them at risk by not closing them down. Seems they were told as early as last Friday. The rumor around Apache Point Observatory is that a 3 member cleaning crew is no longer at the observatory and seems their house was searched.

If only any local media station would check these out, they may get the story.
edit on 17-9-2018 by SheilaD because: additional news

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SheilaD

www.youtube.com...
www.kob.com...

How much weirder will this get!! An anonymous employee using a voice changer on TV news to make accusations about negligence of high-ups leading to criminal activities on-site and the observatory director making official denials of said activities...

Weren't we told that there were only 4-5 staff in the first place? How anonymous would they be!! Can you imagine the Monday morning office meeting when the place re-opened... "Gary, we know that was you with the voice changer on KOAT-7, very funny, but try not to implicate me next time you pull a prank like that."

Or maybe the director just didn't get the memo about the cover-up op?

And then the interview with the security guard saying that they don't know anything but they're just making sure staff and residents are safe. AURA said the threat was over. To me it seems as if the security presence and the anonymous tipper are there to make it appear as if there is/was a real threat posed, with no actual evidence of one.

FBI referring people to AURA, AURA not picking up calls. When a reporter was able to contact AURA, they were asked "who the suspect is, what charges they're facing, what kind of criminal activity took place, why there was only caution tape at the entrance and why no-one was guarding it". Their answer? They can't comment on an ongoing law enforcement investigation. Is this threat over or not? Can't they make up their mind?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: MactaddyMan, people take things way out of context here sometimes.

The Sun goes through cycles all the time. That's what I was referring to, not the longer term evolution of the sun.

Cycles are cycles... short or long term. There are many... we are discovering... or were.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
RT News speak with Observatory Director James McAteer
www.youtube.com...

Latest Tucker Carlson segment on Sunspot, NM
www.youtube.com...

Mainstream coverage continues.
edit on 17-9-2018 by SackCloth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

So they ruled out sun spots and seeing aliens.

That still leaves maybe they moved some parts and hacking.

They then claim they do not know why so take it with grains of bs and you could not tell the difference.

They most certainly did not rule out sunspots... or lack thereof. Solar storms are not 'sun spots' per se. The lack of sunspots is why this is happening... they found something more profound than our current understanding. It rattled the cages of the world. This is the result.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: itswhatev
a reply to: 898929
I sure hope there's a break somewhere in the "case" lol even if it turns out to be a more mundane explanation... At this point the anticipation is almost irritating.

I'd refer you to the quote at the bottom of every post.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: BigDave-AR

spaceweather.com (scroll down a bit in that site) has started posting radiation doses of flights .... why hmmmmm

March 21, 2003
Source:
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Summary:
Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study. "This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change," said Richard Willson, a researcher affiliated with NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Columbia University's Earth Institute, New York.
www.sciencedaily.com...

NASA: Radiation from Space is Increasing – weak sun to blame
wattsupwiththat.com...

I'm not that good at the quoting things so forgive me. In times of low solar activity our magnetic field weakens, giving rise to cosmic radiation hitting our planet.. us. There are many scientific studies suggesting the increased cosmic ray input produces increased volcanic activity like Earthquakes and Eruptions etc... Cosmic rays are powerful and penetrate deep into our planet when they strike. There exists a dichotomy related to the trend. Some attribute it to climate change which it certainly should be but not in the lay person sense. With a lack of solar output and a rise in cosmic rays as a result (which Svensmark attributed to increases in cloud cover as ultimately quantified by research at the (LHC)), the cooling related to the sun has an additional feedback mechanism... less lumes equals more clouds and more GCR's hitting Earth. The rays in theory increase volcanic activity which increases albedo (via eruptions), or reflection which furthers dims our solar footprint.

Do you guys not know this stuff? Do you sit here and discredit UFO people and random easily discredited (via 'official' sources I'm sure-- theories) but have no concept of what is happening in our world related to this subject? This is real. This is very real. Much more real that anything I see here. Aside from disproving things people have nothing much to offer. You know why. It takes a commitment and dedication to understand the true nature of a complex system affecting our planet. You cannot just do a few google searches, declare victory and beat your chest a few times. Are there patriotic MEN and WOMEN here? If you think I'm taking my valuable time to blow smoke, you're smoking.
edit on 18-9-2018 by Mactaddy because: typos always

edit on 18-9-2018 by Mactaddy because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Extensive footage on-site and inside the observatory, today.
www.youtube.com...

I still haven't finished watching, but speaking of security risks, it looks like the hired security and a worker who lives on-site gave a youtuber all area access. The FBI claims they can't disclose information about the evacuation because of an ongoing investigation, yet a worker has just given a stranger access to server rooms and 'sensitive' areas of the observatory, documenting expensive equipment, this only a day or two after hired security were saying people can't record video of buildings or equipment. What is going on!!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So I've been gone for the last few days and see there is an awful lot I've missed.

Every time I've attempted to catch up, I've been thwarted by interruptions in my personal life. Seems that the family feels they take precedence over any online, conspiracy stuffs!

Anyone care to give a quick rundown of the last few days? Or if there has been a press release, leaked into, any big breaks, etc? Even a link to someplace that has tidied up this lil mess for us? Lol

I'm going to attempt to do a quick catch up but I've got a third of thread to sift through at this point. So, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Greetings,

I get it. There are so many thoughts on this subject. I created a thread like this once that ran for years with over a million hits over time. It was much different. Contributors actually discussed things intellectually. It seems like here it's like a giant text-message forum for people that have an opinion but very little (other than what they can google) to back up their position. I'm surprised, and not, that this site has gained the popularity it has. Apparently there is a great demand for forums allowing the uninformed to feel informed. Mom's basement comes to mind. This site is great for information about controversial subjects before it turns into a bully-fest. I appreciate the former, and especially in this case.

You guys can't figure out what isn't handed to you on a silver platter. I'm going to leave here under duress to bring this up with the ivy league people who are capable and willing to have a discussion. You don't have discussions here, you bounce around like children. After my first go here, it comes as no surprise.

Peace out.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mactaddy

MacTaddy, i've been reading your posts with interest and believe you might be interested in this...

The video i just posted, i'll repost it,
www.youtube.com...
Around 31 mins in, it contains footage from the abandoned office of a former member of staff at the observatory, Solar Physicist Richard C Altrock. A book is displayed called 'Understanding a Peculiar Solar Minimum'. I googled him and found some youtube videos dated 2011. He had been studying solar cycles, solar dynamoes since the 1970s, with three solar cycles worth of his own data. I guess his application of the equipment he adopted at Sunspot allowed early access to what the next solar cycle will bring.
www.youtube.com...

Another of the primary youtube hits when searching this man's name, a video titled, 'Scientists Forecast Coming Grand Minimum Solar Cycle'.
www.youtube.com...

Could this have something to do with the Sun after all? Basically, massive predictions on much lower output and slower cycles.

At some point between these video being filmed and this very day, this man was removed from his position at Sunspot, in such a way as for his office to be left in exactly the same condition as the day he left it.

Wouldn't it be fascinating to learn if some of the equipment reported missing from the Solar observatory at Sunspot was the equipment highlighted in the video, which was being used by Richard C Altrock to research Solar Minimums.

Hmmmm
edit on 18-9-2018 by SackCloth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SackCloth

This rabbit hole goes deep...

Richard C Altrock's member page on the International Astronomical Union (IAU) was last updated in December 2017.

It lists his address as a PO Box address at Sunspot, NM. Presumably the PO Box would have been located at the USPS office in Sunspot that was closed.

The personal website listed seems to no longer exist on the NSO website. www4.nso.edu...

His last 'affiliations' with the IAU were in 2015.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
An update -

Tucker Carlson covered this story on tonight's show. Apparently he was able to get a bit more info from a source that said their is a person who was in the woods nearby that prompted the lock down. From what I could gather the guy was some kind of severe threat but didnt elaborate.

If the source is accurate then it explains why the place is still shut down. They dont have the person in custody.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
An update -

Tucker Carlson covered this story on tonight's show. Apparently he was able to get a bit more info from a source that said their is a person who was in the woods nearby that prompted the lock down. From what I could gather the guy was some kind of severe threat but didnt elaborate.

If the source is accurate then it explains why the place is still shut down. They dont have the person in custody.

Hmmmmm... That definitely puts a new twist on the story. It helps explain some of the info. Doesn't really explain why the FBI was only there for a short time, though. And if they didn't take him into custody, I'd think they'd have constant security there and probably tell the Sheriff to be on the lookout for some shady, foreign agent looking character. Lol! But definitely adds a new avenue to look at!

Speaking of Sheriff, am I the only one that is starting to feel like he is either the most unqualified person to be the top law enforcement officer in a county OR that there is a deeper story going on with him? I checked out his LinkedIn and he has numerous connections that are Fed. The ones that commented about him seemed fairly high ranking but posted that they had worked in conjunction with him or directly under him.

www.linkedin.com...
Of course... some of the recommendations that were there the other day are no longer there. Hmmmmm

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join