It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Mufon has at least 15 incidents in NM since January 2018.
Some of them may have nothing to do with UFO's (in the context of being ET vehicles.)
edit on 9-9-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The pre-9/11 World Trade Center layout is designed like the western US states.

Arizona as one and Oregon as two.
The "hotel California" as "California"...

Some have speculated the pattern incurred on 9/11 is a micro version of the general takedown of the experiment great capitalist endeavor called America.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I tried a different browser, and the online Google Earth map still showed the smear. The version I'm looking at online is Copyright 2018. I suppose it is the most recent.

When I use my desktop version of the program, I can see the 10/11/2013 image just fine. The 12/13/2013 image, which is the latest one available in the program is cloud covered.

It's a strange looking structure. It doesn't exactly look like any of the standard telescope domes images I found. And it doesn't exactly look like any of the radomes images either.

Then I found this product:

An inflatable telescope dome.
LINDSTRAND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED

Well that was interesting. But probably completely unrelated to the events at the observatory.

-dex

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Does this help?

c7.alamy.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

That's it.

Not nearly as clear when looking at satellite imagery.

-dex

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: olaru12

Could be a fire/arson and that's why the feds were called in. Crime in the national forest.

Wouldn't there be fire crews? No mention of that.

No big current wild fires close by closet one is in western New Mexico also kind of strange nothing on the story in national news.

Just trying to eliminate possibilities. A CME or solar flare would take 12-40 hours to hit earth, so if thats the news we are right at the far end of it hitting so much so you could probably rule that extremely unlikely event out. LOL where is the President lol if he is out and about it not world ending lol

That's NOT an extremely unlikely event. We are way overdue for a CME hitting us Ala-Carrington Event.
Same with a magnetic pole reversal.
Geologic Records don't lie.

Dont be overly sensitive like most of us I got our favorite doomsday scenario, CME IS DEFINITELY IN MY TOP 3 one of the reasons I brought it up. Though the connection is obvious and any B grade screen writer could write a scenario where a young scientist knows we are going to be hit but is hushed by the evil government, but sends a letter to the major news services, prompting TPTB going code red, sending in the FBI to shut every thing down but the young scientist escapes the lock down, no doubt wth the help of a young woman and they are now holed up somewhere within the perimeter full of angst as the feds close in, and are probably having an gratuitous love scene right now as I type.

Point I was making is it was highly unlikely it was imminent in this case as if the starting point was shut down on Thursday afternoon and it is estimated it would take 12-40 hours to hit earth, thus we were at the time closing in on the back end of that range. Unless we have become sophisticated enough in our solar weather predictions than our earth weather predictions, cause we have a category 4 hurricane baring down on the east coast in 5 days or so and they still are only speculating from northern FL to VA or even spinning off in the Atlantic.

LOL don't get me wrong its could be nefarious as hell, cause it sounds like a cover story and its the government, however it also holds true that it could be just a poorly executed plan to move or reorganized people at the observatory because well its our blundering government. Still need more info before I grab my bug out bag and argue with my blissfully unaware family and loved ones we might want to head to the mountains.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

a scenario where a young scientist knows we are going to be hit but is hushed by the evil government

Not an evil governnment . Just a govenment
All governments of the world signed off on a UN agreement that in the case of an ELE or near-ELE , they will not tell the people of the event until 24 hours before the event.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And they broadcast that From Their bunkers.
edit on 9-9-2018 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

There *have* to be other solar observatories around the globe, and they aren't being shut down- and obviously not in this manner, so why this one?

Something else is up.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
From the Alamogordo Daily news Facebook page on the story on this, "Going on day 3 of being kicked out of sunspot for my family, no other updates though."

The above is the same person I quoted in this post.

Here is the blur Bigburg and others are discussing shown at a different angle:

Not sure why it would be on the most recent version and not on older iterations of the image. It does not show on the mobile version on my phone but when on the desktop version it is there. Looking at the above pic, it looks like it was added on after the fact as it appears to float above the surface layer.

I know that Google will do this for sensitive areas, just not sure why it was done here.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There's a wiki edit from 10 days ago from someone who claims they lived there and had to move out

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That's really interesting that family(s) have been "kicked out" as well without any information being given now 3 days out. Is this the only person anyone has found claiming that? I see it's the same person from the other day. If the whole area has been cleared like that, it makes me think more of an enviromental contamination of some sort.

Curioser and curioser...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

LOL don't get me wrong its could be nefarious as hell, cause it sounds like a cover story and its the government

OR the .Gov is secretly prepping to create a CME to clean us up. The writer that works at the Post Office was found to have a listening device and his books are based on stuff he heard. They found out about his books...

I need to read one of the guys books

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: itswhatev
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That's really interesting that family(s) have been "kicked out" as well without any information being given now 3 days out. Is this the only person anyone has found claiming that? I see it's the same person from the other day. If the whole area has been cleared like that, it makes me think more of an enviromental contamination of some sort.

Curioser and curioser...

I saw a thread somewhere and a guy that lives near was going to go up and look around, but the only road in was blocked off.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

10 days ago, that's from before the actual "event" was declared hmmmm

It still doesnt seem logical that they would make such extensive upgrades to the place from 2015-2017, and finally open their gift shop last year just to move. Their official website makes no reference to any plans to move at all- which I would expect them to given how much detail their website goes into when explaining what goes on there and what is available. It seems like they were trying to market it as a tourist-y area for sure, which is counter intuitive if they just planned to close up shop and move. However, NMSU did just take over controk of the location this year (also per their website) so i suppose they could have had other plans... But then why get the FBI involved, and why "evacuate" the whole area under the guise of an "unexpected security threat" instead of just saying "we are moving". Last I checked their officisl website still was claiming "unexpected" security issue.

Either this is a lot of partial/mis information from multiple sources, and severe lack of communication... Someone seriously dropping the ball

Or... Well, idk what a logical explanation could be given the info we currently have. The wiki edit done BEFORE the actual event is even more strange.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It matches up with after Labor Day, end of Summer.

The external post seems to indicate the site has been ramping down for months. Government wasting money is a shocker.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If this is them closing for the season because its after Labor day and the "end of summer".... Why not just say that? That makes no sense at all. Therr own website neither alludes to an incoming seasonal closure, nor that it's the reason for being closed. Last I checked it stated it wss closed because of an "unexpected security issue". Also, why close the surrounding area including post office and allegedly unexpectedly move familys out of the area and give them no explanation as to why? Why not notify local law enforcement of what's going on to prevent any concerned citizens from jumping to conclusions and panicking? Just doesnt make sense..
edit on 173035010am30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: More info

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Think it was Deep Impact.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

"Right now, what we're told is that they've temporarily evacuated the area. We haven't been told why or when that expires," said Rod Spurgeon, a spokesman with the USPS.

Google the name Rod Spurgeon.

A coincidence surely.

Not sure this can be the same person.
Well the guy seems to be really out there looking at his books. Published by him it seems.Apostle/Prophet Rod Spurgeon

File Size: 1290 KB
Print Length: 5 pages
Publisher: RODS WISDOMS (May 6, 2018)
Publication Date: May 6, 2018

[url=https://www.amazon.com/HOW-DISCERN-MURDER-PLOT-AGAINST-ebook/dp/B07CWXQN7F/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1536505564&sr=1-8&keywords=Rod+Spurgeon ]https://www.amazon.com/HOW-DISCERN-MURDER-PLOT-AGAINST-ebook/dp/B07CWXQN7F/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1536505564&sr=1-8&keywords=Rod+Spurgeon[/ur l]
edit on 9-9-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

I think we can rule out the "moving" theory. There is too much evidence to negate that.

This local article alone completely eliminates "moving" as the reason for the closure:
Sunspot Observatory closed due to security issue

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join