It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Christianity So Insisting?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I had been a faithful christian for 17 years, before I began to ask why this religion. What makes this religion rightm, but my family being strict christians attempted to rid my mind of such thoughts. But because of their insisting, this only pushed me further away. For one case, christians are very materialistic people. Always seeking harmony threw money, the church always needing your money. The required 10% is good, but we could always use more money. This sort drove me away from the concept of religion and to my pursuit of spirituality. I know I cant be on my own with this, I need some peer guidance, so I'm asking ATS for a enlightenment as far as seeking spirituality over religion

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I don't feel christianity is so insisting, it's the evangelicals that shove this junk down your throught that are.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Dogma is the issue here..

As there is no reason or argument for a domatic they have problems selling their ideas.

1. "listen to me.. do as i say or you will suffer a horrible life AFTEr this life"

2. "But how do you know what happens after life?"

3." Stop asking difficult questionss.. just be afraid.. and do what i say"

See when you can't sell your idea with reason and debate you resort to the fear of death (oldest trick in the book). Not only do you let people fear death itself but they also fear what comes AFTER... making them twice as afraid.

A simpler version of this technique involves just putting a gun to someones head. OK he is less afraid of the "after" and more worried about the "now" but you just go and demand his wallet off him in that situation and see if he complies.. assuming he is sufficiantly scared of death of course.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Which group of people has the wealth, power, & better all around standard of living? Christians?, Muslims, Jews, Buddists. Hindu's, Sihks, Animalists, athiests, etc?
If you believe in a God then you have to realize one group has obviously been more blessed than the others, thus they must be the right religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Wow,

I don't know if I can agree with that logic. But what ever suits you I guess.

Its simple. Christians are very insisting. They are this way because they need to restrict the amount of free thought heavily. They will claim others to be biased, but it is they who will not accpet things, or even look into them at all, because of religious implications. If they are not so insistent, it will allow large numbers of there followings to start to question without criticism. If this is allowed, any logical person could conclude the numbers would reduce dramatically. Churches would probably start to close and such. Pat Robertson would lose his broadcasting station ect.

They are insistent by necessity. They stand risking it all if they are not. This is independent of whether they are right or wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
God has told us in the Bible that man is trapped in sin. He or she has no choice but to sin. Does that mean everything a person does is sin, no. But people without Christ will committ sin. Jesus came so that we could be free of sin. A christian who has accepted Christ now has the Holy Spirit living in them to establish a relationship with God and by taking our dead spirit and bringing it back to life we have the power to say no to sin and this also means we can see sin for what it is. A true christian will begin a walk with God which will renew our thinking and bring us to sin less in intensity and frequency. We insist upon this in our own life and that is part of what aggravates others. Christ calls us salt and light. Salt irritates and light illuminates. We also have learned that God created everyone and we are responsible to help others and a TRUE christian doesn't view himself more important than others, he or she places others above themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XX_Mouse_XX
For one case, christians are very materialistic people.

Sadly, that is often true. But please don't paint with such a wide brush.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Come on, guys. Im an atheist and even I'm starting to get tired of these generalizations and stereotypes of Christians. Can you not tell the difference between a religion and its followers? I guess I would try to supress free-thinking if I had to defend such a ridiculous book too, but it just gets tiresome seeing these generalizations over and over again.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Again,

I do not agree.

It is irrelevant that christians live in less sin, or claim too. This doesn't aggravate others. It is a christians constant fight against logic and reasoning that is what aggravates. Do you honestly think it bothers me when a person does not sin, or better word, do something wrong? Well, it doesn't no matter what you think.

Does it bother me when christians attack science immediately, with no backround in the fields what-so-ever, just because? Yes, and this has been going on for about 1800 years. Christianity is the driving force that was behind the crusades. Do you have any idea what happened during the crusades? Besides the murder of millions of protestants among others, christianity tried to put a stop to scientists. Galileo, Johannes Keppler, Nicolas Copernicus, are just some names of people who were religious, but cast out due to their scientific progress. What scientific progress? Well, if it wasn't for people like this, you would still believe the world was flat. And that the sun revolves around it. You would still not know why an apple falls to the ground. The telescope would have been eliminated.

What is it that is so hard to understand here? The same things still goes on. Yes, they murdered Kepplers mother due to his science, and that is not going on anymore. But, the brick wall that christians build around science still exists. You all ought to try embracing knowledge. Galileo wrote a wonderful letter to the church in 1632. It is too long to post.

home1.gte.net...

Christians need to stop being part of the problem as they have been for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There really is nothing more to say in these threads....we tend to think of something by the people we know......though I have met some Christians here that seem like good people, the ones I have ever met IRL are hard, hating, intolerant, blaa, blaa, blaa.....noting will ever be settled in these threads, or the "gay" threads....it's a constant, God said this that and the other thing, stating their "opinion: or "belief" as fact, and the other side doing pretty much the same.....they are pointless threads anymore....nothing new to learn, a back and forth "uh hu"....."uh uh"

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There is always more to learn. Have you ever read the letter written by Galileo Ladyv?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We are insisting as you put it because we love you and want to see you in heaven. We know the path and are trying to help you walk it. Thats all there is. No different from trying to help a new co worker figure out the corporate culture of your company.
We have been saved and because we love you andeveryone else we want you and everyne else to know death is not the end and how to insure eternal life.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Seapeople, you are letting your hatred of Christianity/Christians/current Christian doctrine blind you from the real question here. The poster did not ask "Why is Christianity evil?" or "Why is Christianity wrong?". He asked "Why Is Christianity So Insisting?".
The answer to that would be: Because it is in their religion to be so. They are commanded to "Spread the word". In their view, a non-Christian is a "lost soul", that it is their duty to save. I suppose they follow this with the same vigour you or I would use to save someone from a burning building.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
He asked "Why Is Christianity So Insisting?".
The answer to that would be: Because it is in their religion to be so. They are commanded to "Spread the word". In their view, a non-Christian is a "lost soul", that it is their duty to save. I suppose they follow this with the same vigour you or I would use to save someone from a burning building.

exactly.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Comical. These brainiacs who bash Christianity, are totally ignorant of the Islamic movement to enslave the entire planet. If anyone thinks Christianity is infringing upon them, they are in for the MOST rude awakening once they allow Islame to take control. Understand...in Saudi Arabia if you miss prayer, and you must pray 5x a day, if you miss prayer, the religious POLICE, will arrest you, and BEAT you. You have no clue what infringment is all about. Stop watching Jeopardy and Fear Factor, open your eyes. Islam is the religion of the Devil.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I just posted about being blinded by hatred of a religion, and here it goes again. It is not a good idea to hate ANYTHING. It blinds your judgement.
I very much doubt that the Saudi version of Islam is ever going to "Enslave the entire planet". People have better sense and resistance than that. I realise that you might not agree with Islamic Doctrine, but "Islam is the religion of the devil"????
That is going a bit extreme.
BTW, I doubt that the "religious POLICE" will beat you for not praying if you are not muslim.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I doubt that the "religious POLICE" will beat you for not praying if you are not muslim.

I doubt you have a clue about what 100% Muslim population of Saudi Arabia means. Other religions are ILLEGAL in Saudi Arabia. You can be arrested for telling someone about Christianity even in the privacy of your own home.

Get educated... I know it sounds rude, but how else do you say it. You know nothing about Islame.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Kinja...I know it sounds rude, but you the type of Christian I usually meet IRL.....a lot of hate inside, or at least you come off that way here.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
I doubt you have a clue about what 100% Muslim population of Saudi Arabia means. Other religions are ILLEGAL in Saudi Arabia. You can be arrested for telling someone about Christianity even in the privacy of your own home.

Get educated... I know it sounds rude, but how else do you say it. You know nothing about Islame.

Heheheh... I very much doubt that Saudi Arabia has 100% muslim population. What about permenant diplomats, embassy staff, etc? What you tell about Christianity in the privacy of your own home is your own business. Unless, of course, you are foolish enough to try telling it to an obvious fundemental.
Get educated? Judging from your responses, I believe I am much more educated about "Islame" than you. I have studied it with an open mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Judging from your responses, I believe I am much more educated about "Islame" than you. I have studied it with an open mind.

Excellent!!!! An Islam Expert is here!!! I have a few questions, Please educate me then...

1. What percent of Saudi's are not muslim?
2. What percent of muslims are fundamental extremists?
3. How many 6 year old girls did Mohammed take for a wife?
4. How many 9 yr old girls did Mohammed have sex with?
5. a) How many caravans bound from mecca to damascas did Mohammed rob?
5. b) How many innocent people of the caravans did he murder?
6. What are the circumstances which allow a muslim to ignore the Koran?
7. How many Jewish women did Mohammed rape after he slaughtered all the Jewish men in Medina?
8. What role did the moon rock Mohammed found in the desert play in his choice in choosing the pagan moon god named allah to worship?

Patiently waiting....

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Kinja]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join