It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invoking the 25th. Idiots..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
So we are on to invoking the 25th.

Protesting , begging and threatening the electoral college didnt work.

Impeachment because of Russian collusion didnt work.

So the obvious next step for these idiots is start screaming "invoke the 25th". It would be comical if it wasnt so serious.

Every pundit is running a story on why we need to invoke it or why people are talking about it.

They are so frikin desperate its actually funny to watch.

Talking about how they need to protect the country from him.

Well listen here you stupid ,arrogant pieces of dog excrement .

WE ELECTED HIM TO SAVE US FROM YOU , NOT FOR YOU TO SAVE US FROM HIM.

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

If they ever get close ... the people will eliminate the threat themselves.

The 2nd was put to sleep for a long time.

President Trump is waking it up.

If they somehow succeed, they will die shortly afterwards.

The blowback would be terminally hazardous.

P

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I literally typed "what is the" into the google...

the first suggested result, good lord.

If Trump actually did become impeached I think the country would just explode. I know I would be pretty upset if a democratically elected president became illegitimately removed by anarchist whiney babies because feelings were hurt.

edit on 8-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

the first suggested result good lord.

Its like its scripted.

There is collusion they are just looking in the wrong place..

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
zi 25th amentment

25th

Amendment XXV
Section 1.

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.
Section 2.

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.
Section 3.

Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.
Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

💥😎💥

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Its like its scripted.

Dude! Exactly what I was thinking but didn't have the words for it.

Had that feeling of 'The Truman Show.' This is a fabrication being puppeteered by someone experimenting to see just how weildy they can be with a hopelessly gullible army of losers.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Its like its scripted.

Dude! Exactly what I was thinking but didn't have the words for it.

Had that feeling of 'The Truman Show.' This is a fabrication being puppeteered by someone experimenting to see just how weildy they can with a hopelessly gullible army of losers.

I almost ranted in the OP about how I bet this whole "OP-ED" thing is completely fabricated . But like you said just dont have the words.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Words have meanings for a reason.

Invoke:

to put into effect or operation

www.merriam-webster.com...

As best as I understand the English language, the 25th is always in effect, and there is no need of invoking.

They may call upon section 3 or 4:

Section 3. Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.[3]

and if you go to the effects list from the same link:

Section 3: Presidential declaration
Section 3 provides that when the President transmits a written declaration to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, stating that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of the Presidency, and until the President sends another written declaration to the aforementioned officers declaring himself able to resume discharging those powers and duties, the Vice President discharges those powers and duties as Acting President. The Vice President does not become President and the sitting President is not removed from office.

Section 4: Vice Presidential–Cabinet declaration
Section 4 addresses the situation where an incapacitated President is unable or unwilling to provide the written declaration called for by Section 3. It allows the Vice President, together with a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide", to declare the President "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" by submitting a written declaration to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. As with Section 3, the Vice President would become Acting President, not President, and the sitting President would not be removed from office. Unlike Section 3, Section 4 says that when invoked the Vice President "immediately" becomes Acting President. Section 4 is the only part of the amendment that has never been invoked.[21] A President who is declared unable to serve under Section 4 may thereafter send a written declaration of ability to serve to the President pro tempore and the Speaker of the House. If the Acting President and a majority of the Cabinet still believe the President is incapacitated, they have four days to send a second declaration to that effect to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. If not already in session, the Congress must then assemble within 48 hours to decide the issue. If within 21 days two-thirds of each house of Congress vote that the President is incapacitated, the Vice President would "continue" to be Acting President. Should the Congress resolve the issue in favor of the President, or make no decision within the 21 days allotted, then the President would "resume" powers and duties. The use of the words "continue" and "resume" imply that the Vice President remains Acting President pending action by the Cabinet and Congress, and the legislative history of Section 4 makes it clear that its drafters meant for the Vice President to do so.[22] Otherwise, the President could simply retake power and immediately fire Cabinet members who voted to declare the President unfit, preventing the dispute from ever reaching Congress as the drafters intended. Nothing in Section 4 limits the number of times a President may initiate the process to resume his or her powers and duties by sending a written declaration to Congress.

en.wikipedia.org...

Calling on the 25th would be incredibly stupid in this day and age of 'the other side set the precedent.'

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The recent Democratic activity
in The Senate reminded me of a Hieronymus Bosch Painting.

www.pictorem.com...

Darkly Biblical in nature and theme.

Dreamlike at best.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Wildmanimal because: add line

edit on 8-9-2018 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is that saying PENCE will be President after Trump is 25th'd out of here?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal
Your avatar reminds me of the Democrats attitude and certain destiny.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Your avatar reminds me of the Democrats attitude and certain destiny.

No! No! You do not get to associate a party of sore losers built on whining until they get their way with one of the most iconic films of cinema.

Can I suggest another image?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

2 years ago those that would be skeptical of media and dismiss obvious agendas are now fully under the trance.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I do not think they have the guts
to even handle this reality,
nor the gumption that my old
Don't sink your own ship.
Praise God Almighty.

And then Some.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Wildmanimal because: Add Line

edit on 8-9-2018 by Wildmanimal because: correct typos

edit on 8-9-2018 by Wildmanimal because: Add Line

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Senator Diane Feinstein started the "Remove Trump with the 25th!", hysteria.

Nuff said?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hey there Buddha,

this notes for you:

www.youtube.com...

Onwards and Upwards!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

lol. yes enough said..

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

If they ever get close ... the people will eliminate the threat themselves.

The 2nd was put to sleep for a long time.

President Trump is waking it up.

If they somehow succeed, they will die shortly afterwards.

The blowback would be terminally hazardous.

P

I'd say that's a pretty sure bet...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If you will allow me to reciprocate

www.youtube.com...

Always enjoyed your posts and respected your contributions even if we don't cross paths much

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The truly hilarious thing about this idiocy, and it's nothing but idiocy, is that Pence takes over as President. Very likely, though not a certainty, the Speaker of the House would become VP. Paul Ryan is currently Speaker.

Pence and Ryan--OH, BOY, that's just a vast improvement...

Not.

It would not be any Democrat. Nor Hillary. Ol' Barack ain't comin' back, either. Though I have to wonder how many of these morons think/hope that that would be exactly what happens...

Instead of working to get a really good candidate for 2020, they're doubling down on the stupid.

They have nothing close to enough votes to impeach. No impeachable offences, either, for that matter. The same rather sorry nonsense that hasn't worked in the past two years keeps being thrown out there.

What's that definition of insanity, again?

Sweet Bastet, people...get the Hell over it, already. Move on, and get a good/great candidate ready for 2020.

...and a helpful hint for you, it ain't one of those idiots grandstanding earlier this week at the confirmation hearings. You actually think they'd be an improvement?? Seriously??
edit on 9/8/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join