It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP: Mac Miller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just say we lost another rapper to drug overdose. Horrible. I can't say I was a big fan as I didn't really listen to his stuff, but just sad it seems like hip hop is losing people to drugs every other week now. I am an old hip hop head and really don't get the rampant drug use that seems to define mumble rap these days. I mean in the 80s/90s people dabbled in weed and sure they snorted a few lines, but no one was outright glorifying being a junkie.

Rappers went from rapping about being Nino Brown to rapping about being Pookie. I really don't get it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I gotta say I am kinda glad, did you ever watch his show? Pathetic example of a human being.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Hip hop has been hijacked by money and flash.
We glorify these new brainless lyricists, awarding the hoe slapping gun toters and then protest the NRA and join women's rights marches. It's a strange world. Just like that takeshi69 dude. He got busted for banging a 13yo but is still lived by many. Some consistency would be nice. I still don't like it when people die though. It's a shame.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I hadnt ever seen his show actually, but I know at one point he was presented the whole ceremonial 'keys to the city' of philly by the mayor some time back so I cannot imagine he was that terrible a person.

Shame. At least this one wasnt solely for the headlines like imo a certain woman named Lovato who supposedly did this a couple weeks back but lived.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I heard it was ariana grande who just etched another notch on her belt.

dont care much.

A lyrical genius he was too, but cest la vie...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yo
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yo
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yo
Uh, uh, uh, uh
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yo
Yo, now

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Sad to see any young person gone too soon. I wasn't exactly a fan, but always liked this one song, lighthearted and fun. Also the footage of him as a kid rapping Sugarhill is tragic.

People do deserve at least the minimal respect of not having strangers say they are glad they are dead. At least imo.
edit on 8-9-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

As an old hip hop head you telling me you didn’t like ODB? There’s always been drug addicts in hip hop, the only difference is that now more are dying from it because of fentanyl.

While the report on what he died from isn’t out yet I’d bet money on it being fentanyl related. All these rich stars are roxy addicts, and there really aren’t any real roxy 30’s in L.A. right now. They’re all aftermarket pressed pills with fentanyl in them instead of oxycodone. The problem is, when you try to mix fentanyl powder equally with whatever binder you’re using it’s never going to come out dosed correctly.

Certain pills will be duds while others will be hot (slang for over dosed). All it takes is a person getting ahold of one of these “hot” pills and they’re dead. Especially if you mix it with a benzo like Xanax.

Prince, Tom Petty, Lil Peep, and now Mac Miller. And Demi Lovato almost died recently from it.

To the Dbag above who’s glad he’s dead, I hope someone says the same about you one day.

R.I.P. Mac

join