It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who missed obama the most?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: highvein

Reverse Midas touch. everything he touches turns to ash. That's why I'm glad him and I don't want the same things or this country.

not ash

Coal

💥🤪💥

No, there's two problems with this.

First, coal can actually be used for something...energy. An Obama has no redeeming value.

Second; if you compress coal you get a diamond. If you compress an Obama, all you get is compressed S#!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Right. Youve made up (in your own mind) am excuse to bash Trump when none actually exists.

I completely understand.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So, you don't hear and read Trump referring to himself in the 3rd person? You don't hear and read Trump claim that it's all him? You don't think that Trump is a self obsessed narcissist? You do think that Trump understands the distinction between all that is his domain and "we"? Do you really think Trump believes he's a part of a team, and not just being followed around by groupies and toadies?

Trump's "we" are the him and the voices inside his head.

Whatever man. Love is blind. Go Cult 45!

edit on 8-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Right. Youve made up (in your own mind) am excuse to bash Trump when none actually exists.

I completely understand.

That’s pretty much the entire premise of this thread.

Made up....something.....to bash Obama.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

except it's not made up.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

No, its based on something that is actually real. His words.

Although parsing words is a fools exercise. He gave a speech meant to create a specific emotion among his people, not to convert new followers. Any analysis outside that context is just smearing crap on the walls for no reason other than to rough up one to make the other appear better.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

It may as well be.

Has the same value.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

And if it wasn’t for the op and their train spotting, most of us wouldn’t even have known about this inane thing to bash Obama for...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Why are your Chadnickers in such a bunch? Can't you just admit obama see's the world through his own I's.

Somebody needs to give that boy (obama) a sammich
edit on 8-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, its based on something that is actually real. His words.

The OP has no comments on the "words" that Obama spoke at the University of Illinois. I bet the OP didn't even hear any of the "you"s in Obama's speech.

Like for example when he said: "People ask me "What are you going to do about it?" But, I say, "What are you going to do about it"?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

And if it wasn’t for the op and their train spotting, most of us wouldn’t even have known about this inane thing to bash Obama for...

Willing participants.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Some more "words" from Obama, and some "we"s from his speech!

But when there’s a vacuum in our democracy, when we don’t vote, when we take our basic rights and freedoms for granted, when we turn away and stop paying attention and stop engaging and stop believing and look for the newest diversion, the electronic versions of bread and circuses, then other voices fill the void.

We are Americans. We’re supposed to stand up to bullies. Not follow them. We’re supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be? Saying that Nazis are bad?
www.esquire.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

"We" was used not to define accomplishments, but to chastise the audience.

When I talk about what i've achieved professionally, I use "we". Because I don't do this alone. I have a team supporting me. "We" do great things here where I work.

What Obama did was substitute "we" for "you" in that segment you posted, to eliminate him finger wagging his audience.

Context. It still matters.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

"We" was used not to define accomplishments, but to chastise the audience.

Nope. "We" was used to include and motivate his base to action. Now, on the other hand, Trump did recently chastise his audience, telling them that he was impeached, it would be their fault.

When I talk about what i've achieved professionally, I use "we". Because I don't do this alone. I have a team supporting me. "We" do great things here where I work.

Do you often refer to yourself in the 3rd person too? This thread isn't about you and how you talk about yourself and your accomplishments. You Trumpettes really need to stop taking things so personally. You are not Donald Trump, and when he says "we", you are not included!

Context. It still matters.

Pffft. And, that's why you're here defending the OP, which is mocking how many times the word "I", "me" and "my" were used, completely out of context and completely disregarding the context of Obama's speech?!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This thread isn't about you and how you talk about yourself and your accomplishments. You Trumpettes really need to stop taking things so personally. You are not Donald Trump, and when he says "we", you are not included!

Excellent. It's why we can't have a conversation or an argument or a decent examination of reality anymore

Calling out something we don't like doesn't mean we are calling out everybody on one team. And when I say we - I don't mean just the left - I mean all of us

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I didnt vote for him. Im not going to vote for him. I just believe 99% of the crap against him is manufactured.

Without media telling you how bad he is, none of you would really object to him. I know this because no anti trump threads are started from an original thought. It all links back to media and their manufactured nonsense.

ETA: im not defending the op. Imcountering your arguement against it. Not the same thing. Maybe the misunderstanding of the subtlety therein is what makes you call me a "Trumpette" or whatever.
edit on 9/8/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

ETA: im not defending the op. Imcountering your arguement against it

Against what? The OP says Obama said "I" "Me" and "My" X amount of times, and that's bad. The OP also said they're glad Trump uses "we".

I'm saying that the "we" isn't you and me, it's Trump and the voices inside his head.

Disclaimer: The media didn't tell me that. That's all me and my own perception.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Sadly you cannot see that, that is your opinion not fact.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Sadly, you don't seem to be able to comprehend words and their concepts. Words in the sentence "That's all me and my own perception." seem to have bypassed some channel in your brain. I wonder what confounded you, the "All me"? or " My own perception"?

No wonder the only words that mattered to you, from Obama's speech, were "I', "me" and "my"!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join