It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Uses Poster With Spelling Mistakes in Kavanaugh Hearing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When you have schools telling kids that 2 + 2=5 is "close enough" then you end up with this.

*than

Oh wait... damn it..

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: xuenchen

images.indianexpress.com...

Congrats! TODAY'S WHATABOUTISM TROPHY WINNER!!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
You will have to forgive Chad, he’s an Aussie.
They don’t have fancy government stuff down there.
Why, they have to give money to Hillary to help battle AIDS in their own hemisphere.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Careful...he might be a member of ATS with all the spelling mistakes I see daily... Just saying.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Talk about wasting the tax payer's money of frivolous horsecrap...

Of?

Of??

Of???

Lmao, check these guys out, thinking using the correct spelling of the wrong words is the same as completely misspelling an entire word...

Hurrrrrrr

Were you schooled in some sort of repressive 'education center' where you were mercilessly beaten and tortured for simple spelling mistakes?

Seems like it. Apparently a simple spelling mistake, to you, is akin to letting off a nuclear bomb in Washington. Bit of an over-reaction don't you think?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Gothmog
You will have to forgive Chad, he’s an Aussie.
They don’t have fancy government stuff down there.
Why, they have to give money to Hillary to help battle AIDS in their own hemisphere.

We don't have any "fancy government stuff" down here because our current conservative government (sneakily named the "Liberals", go figure) is too busy waging civil war with itself and completely forgetting the rest of the Aussie people even exist. I'm pretty sure they don't even notice the Opposition sitting opposite them in Parliament.

When we get rid of them in 9 months then we'll set about fixing things.

Anyhoo, carry on.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Chadwickus

lol. Yes. A tweet equates to an elaborate sign designed by more than one person, and used in a confirmation hearing for a Supreme Court nominee. If don't understand the difference, then there is no need to discuss with you any further.
It's a symptom of TDS and not wanting to ever be wrong, so they reach real hard to justify that end, its embarrassing actually 😏

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If they only had a brain.

During the Judge Kavanaugh hearings, a Senator made some points and had a poster displayed.

Good point perhaps, except for an obvious mis-spelled word.

Impact.

College.

Educazion

💥😃💥

Embarrassing and ironic too, is the Senator's name is Whitehouse !!

Can't make it up. Vote Democrat !!!

They had to write it so they could see how to spell it !!!

ICYMI: Dem Uses Poster With Spelling Mistakes in Kavanaugh Hearing

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-Rhode Island) wanted to make a grand display when he challenged Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on the issue of recusal.

Whitehouse brought up a West Virginia case where it was said that a judge should not sit in a case where he had received $3 million in support from one of the parties. The idea was whether the litigant had a significant and disproportionate influence over the judge, and the Supreme Court said that the Constitution required the judge to recuse himself.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-Rhode Island) wanted to make a grand display when he challenged Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on the issue of recusal.

I wait breathlessly for you to make a thread about the current President's inability to pronounce 'anonymous' multiple times live on TV.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

U foist

🎃

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why is a judge presiding over a case where the judge received 3 million from one of the parties?

Am i missing something other than a severe need to make fun of spelling.

grammer nazi's

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
Good luck with your endeavors.
I sincerely hope that everything works out for the best.
On our end, we can try to chain Hillary up so that she doesn’t take any more of your tax dollars to further enrich her ‘Foundation ‘!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I speak, fairly often, to sizable groups and/or during my work day can easily speak to 75-100 people individually; there are few times I recall getting hung-up upon a simple word. I generally just laugh and move on through the comments.

This happens because I'm a few sentences ahead mentally and also "reading" the listeners for signals to slowdown, specifics, speed-up, skip ahead or reinforce etc. Very distracting when this has happened, but it has and it's called being 'human'.

Now, misspelling on a display board is completely different than misspelling on a phone or computer. Once I sent a text to a person to tell them they are an "asset", I didn't catch it and sent "you are an ass hat". I did not read the spell correction until too late.

Misspelling on a static board for display is not the same as using a tablet, computer or phone (which I am on now) to convey a message; it's simply sloppy.

But somewhere along the line we should just sit back, laugh a little and remember we are human and fallible.

Mg

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I've never had any issue with going after Hillary. Just because I don't like Trump doesn't mean I think Hillary is any better. I really do hope you guys finally take the Clintons to task for all their nefarious dealings.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Of?

Of??

Of???

Lmao, check these guys out, thinking using the correct spelling of the wrong words is the same as completely misspelling an entire word...

Hurrrrrrr

Were you schooled in some sort of repressive 'education center' where you were mercilessly beaten and tortured for simple spelling mistakes?

Seems like it. Apparently a simple spelling mistake, to you, is akin to letting off a nuclear bomb in Washington. Bit of an over-reaction don't you think?
Well two misspelled words at a hearing for a Supreme Court judge, you'd think they would try spell check at least.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The level of anxiety spelling and grammar errors cause some people today is at a all time high.

You have men graduating high school today who can edit the hell out of a book report, but when it comes down to the basics of life. They fail, what do a screw driver?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Of?

Of??

Of???

Hurrrrrrr

Well two misspelled words at a hearing for a Supreme Court judge, you'd think they would try spell check at least.

Perhaps, but it's not the end of the world that many posters here would have us believe. A spelling error or two does not mean the person who misspelt has to be executed with extreme prejudice.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
The level of anxiety spelling and grammar errors cause some people today is at a all time high.

You have men graduating high school today who can edit the hell out of a book report, but when it comes down to the basics of life. They fail, what do a screw driver?
It's not anxiety. It's a notation of our representatives in Congress. We all make mistakes, we just hope that our representatives know what they are doing. And just so you know, I often use my phone to post here and make typos due to the auto correct filling in a different word even after I've typed what I wanted.
My real concern is that so many of the people who are in office are so radical. I hope you have a higher expectation of his understanding of economics.
edit on 10-9-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Of?

Of??

Of???

Hurrrrrrr

Perhaps, but it's not the end of the world that many posters here would have us believe. A spelling error or two does not mean the person who misspelt has to be executed with extreme prejudice.
Not the end of the world for sure. But then neither is it fir Trump to be Potus.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You can hardly compare a simple spelling error to objections about Trump being President.

Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Do we really need to point out the poor spelling and grammar used by your messiah? Fail......

Rightwingers, they just aren’t real bright. But they sure are easily triggered and petty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join