It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison for lying to FBI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: andy06shake

Is lying to a dirty FBI agent a crime?

I didn't know that either, do they make you swear?

You have to pinky swear... otherwise NO DEAL.

If you're caught with your fingers or ankles crossed, you get an extra 3 days in jail.

IT'S THE LAW!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

It's not like America is shy when it comes to incarcerating people through.

The United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.

Got to wonder, if he was of different ethnicity or social status the sentence would have been rather harsh?

Essentially one rule for some and another the rest.
edit on 7-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL. I don't even know what to say. I wonder how much true or false info he gave Mueller to get only 14 days, and how much of the citizens taxes went into the investigation of Papo which only generated a 14 day sentence? I guarantee it was more than what Papo was fined. Maybe Trump needs have the alphabet agencies audited until they can get a better return on the tax payers investments. It is time for the tax payers to clean house.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
This sentence is weak for the crime committed. They should have made an example of him and made him do real time. The average person would probably get a couple years.

I think the example made is laud and clear. If you have something to deal...we can deal.

Sorry no. Not if the one accused used outside interference in an election. That is Treason. No deals for Treason. Especially 14 day deals. Mueller is coming close to the end of this investigation one way or another.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

LOL. I don't even know what to say. I wonder how much true or false info he gave Mueller to get only 14 days, and how much of the citizens taxes went into the investigation of Papo which only generated a 14 day sentence? I guarantee it was more than what Papo was fined. Maybe Trump needs have the alphabet agencies audited until they can get a better return on the tax payers investments. It is time for the tax payers to clean house.

Mueller wanted to give him 6 months. This wasnt Mueller it was the judge that did sentencing. Obviously the judge didn't feel this was a big deal. If he got 14 days hes eligible for early release in 4 days. So he could go in on a Thursday and be out by Tuesday.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

This sentence is weak for the crime committed. They should have made an example of him and made him do real time. The average person would probably get a couple years.

I think the example made is laud and clear. If you have something to deal...we can deal.

Sorry no. Not if the one accused used outside interference in an election. That is Treason. No deals for Treason. Especially 14 day deals. Mueller is coming close to the end of this investigation one way or another.
It may be that Paps had a good enough lawyer and good enough product to do some serious horsetrading. I could be wrong, but we'll see, won't we?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

George Popadopoulos admitted to lying to the FBI early on in the Mueller probe.

What did he lie about and what was the truth?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What a waste of money...

Once again what he was charged with / plead guilty to has nothing to do with Trump/Russia/Collusion.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

FBI criminal complaint - Popadopoulos **PDF**

His contact with Russian nationals in 2016 that deal with "dirt on Hillary Clinton". Important to note nothing had to to with Clinton information. The issue arose when he told the FBI he knew these Russian nationals before he was appointed to the Trump campaign as an advisor. It turns out he only met them after he was appointed to the campaign.

None of his actions with or conversations with the Russians were a legal violation. Actually had he told the truth about when he met the 2 no charges would have been filed since no crime existed.

So - again - nothing to do with Trump/Russia/Collusion.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It may be that Paps had a good enough lawyer and good enough product to do some serious horsetrading. I could be wrong, but we'll see, won't we?

Two years in and you simply can't let go of the delusion about Russian collusion. Sad.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

he lied about when he first contacted the professor that introduced him to the Russian woman. He claimed it was before he knew he was going to work for the president. And it appears he was wrong. Yes it was before he actually went to work for the president but he knew he had the position. Since he claimed there was no way the professor could have known he was going to be a cabinet member which of course want true he lied.Now the question becomes why he lied was it bad memory or was it he simply didnt want to look bad?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Another display of Democrats not being accountable,there are many with far more charges that didn't even make it to court,where are all the libtards now?,it's amazing the stupidity of citizens,watch as injustice is carried out before their eyes,you all embarrass me

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Not if the one accused used outside interference in an election. That is Treason. No deals for Treason.

I had no clue that so many ATS members have no clue what the hell treason is and is not.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Not if the one accused used outside interference in an election. That is Treason. No deals for Treason.

I had no clue that so many ATS members have no clue what the hell treason is and is not.

Also known as a scathing indictment of the American educational system.

Now if you will excuse me, now that we have actually agreed on something, I am going to go look outside to see if the world is ending

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

there are many with far more charges that didn't even make it to court

So how does that invalidate his charges?? Should we stop prosecuting all criminals because some might get away?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

there are many with far more charges that didn't even make it to court

So how does that invalidate his charges?? Should we stop prosecuting all criminals because some might get away?

no, but EVERYONE who breaks this law, should be punished the same. When you only punish the one's on the right, and the one's on the left, get no punishment, it almost looks like somethings wrong. I could draw you a picture, but I doubt you would grasp the point.

Perhaps when it happens in reverse you will start to understand.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Two years in and you simply can't let go of the delusion about Russian collusion. Sad.
It's a little more complicated than that. A bunch of people who know a whole lot more about the topic than I do have entered a process to deal with it.
I am prepared to wait for their conclusions before I spout off with 'facts' that have been rectally sourced. You know? Fake News? Unlike some others...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

EVERYONE who breaks this law, should be punished the same

Interesting. I'm pretty sure our wretched President has broken dozens of laws, yet somehow remains free to wreak havoc.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

LOL even a broken clock is right twice a day huh?

Seriously though we agree on a LOT of things X, we also disagree on a lot of things. Doesn't mean I dislike you and im sure the same is true with you...I can dislike a message and not dislike a person, doesn't mean I don't support you (or anyone's for that matter) unequivocal right to say it. I would like to think (naively im certain) that all reasonable adults would actually do that.

When it comes to the White House I think there's something we can all agree upon, there is chaos, we can argue all day long on whether or not Trump is the cause - I personally believe the chaos was an inevitability and just waiting to happen - but the chaos is real, and look at what it's doing to us, we're at each others throats.

Christ, the world may ACTUALLY be ending

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

EVERYONE who breaks this law, should be punished the same

Interesting. I'm pretty sure our wretched President has broken dozens of laws, yet somehow remains free to wreak havoc.

If he broke the law, then put him in jail. Just like Obama will be, should they find he broke the law.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join