It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison for lying to FBI

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Former Trump "advisor" George Popadopoulos admitted to lying to the FBI early on in the Mueller probe.

He finally got sentenced to 14 days in jail, a $9500 fine, and 200 hours community service.

Well that'll show em.

😃😃

Former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison for lying to FBI

Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos was sentenced Friday to 14 days in prison for lying to the FBI during Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Papadopoulos was also sentenced to 13 months supervised release, 200 hours community service and a $9,500 fine. Before his sentencing, the former adviser said he was “deeply embarrassed and ashamed.”

“My entire life has been turned upside down, I hope to have a second chance to redeem myself,” he said. Mueller’s team had pushed for a six-month prison sentence, while Papadopoulos’ defense had requested probation.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

well , that was worth millions of taxpayer dollars . Maybe Flynn will get a month .

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I know 110% he wont do 200 hours of community service. Unless there is another kind they give them. Like a speech to a high school is worth 100 hours each. Something like that maybe.

ETA: Prison is supposed to be for people doing over a year. Why is he not staying in a jail?
edit on 7-9-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Justice is served then.

14 days for perverting the course of justice. LoL

Where i hail from you can get a maximum sentence of life imprisonment for doing that.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm rather sure the light sentence reflects his cooperation with Team Mueller.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Or the lack of any real serious crime
edit on 7-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

I could be wrong but I think any prison sentence of less than a year is served in a jail.

This sentence is weak for the crime committed. They should have made an example of him and made him do real time. The average person would probably get a couple years.

link   

edit on 7-9-2018 by Illumimasontruth because: Double double

link   
a reply to: Aallanon

How can lying to a federal agency be considered not serious through?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Never forget Mills and Abedin were caught lying to the FBI and it went unpunished.

dailycaller.com...

And isnt it funny, papadopolous was supposedly the reason for the trump russia investigation.

SO surely they found something, anything that showed him colluding with russians?

Nope, nothing at all.

Here is a thread I did on why the papadopolous story being used to start the trump russia investigation was terrible.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now we find out, as predicted, that he didnt collude with russians at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Because the investigation is illegal, Flynn will get 0 days.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Is lying to a dirty FBI agent a crime?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
This sentence is weak for the crime committed. They should have made an example of him and made him do real time. The average person would probably get a couple years.

I think the example made is laud and clear. If you have something to deal...we can deal.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Apparently so.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Notice how the 'free' press has not covered what Judge decided to go on record about.
He said that the prosecution had not shown any evidence to suggest Papadopoulos colluded with Russians in any way.
Funny how the media would miss that little gem out.

edit on 7/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If that was the case through nobody would have gotten anything, even a trivial sentence of 14 days.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I'm rather sure the light sentence reflects his cooperation with Team Mueller.

You should look up the "statements" that were "lies"

see ya soon as they said

😎🚬

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That's why it's called accepting a plea deal and cooperating with the investigation. Had he not he could have gotten up to 5 years.

He accepted the plea deal originally and has cooperated with Mueller. Then he started changing his mind and finally last week he fully accepted a plea deal and will cooperate with anything Mueller needs.

Here is ABC reporting on it a week ago, after his wife gave them an interview:

George Papadopoulos, a former foreign policy adviser to President Donald Trump’s campaign, has decided to stick with his plea agreement with special counsel Robert Mueller, his wife told ABC News on Wednesday.

As part of his plea agreement, Papadopoulos agreed to cooperate with Mueller as part of his probe into Russian meddling during the 2016 campaign.

ABC

If he wasn't cooperative and handing over information, do you really think 14 days is all he would have gotten?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Notice how the 'free' press has not covered what Judge decided to go on record about.
He said that the prosecution had not shown any evidence to suggest Papadopoulos colluded with Russians in any way.
Funny how the media would miss that little gem out.
You funny! I'm sure the prosecution would soft-peddle their case once they had the deal they wanted. Buddy got a slap on the wrist, and now they take it up another level. Lather, rinse, repeat if necessary.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Is lying to a dirty FBI agent a crime?

Maybe the Questions were lies too?

😵

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join