It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony: White House considers using Polygraph Tests to Identify the Op-Ed Writer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Rapid fire, Hoss, rapid fire!!! Eventually you may get one right... hell, even a broken watch is right twice a day, ya? Persistence is a virtue, particularly in the face of relentless, never ending, certain defeat.

Persistence for what? defeat of what? You seem to be under the impression this is some kind of competition. I think you need to snap out of that way of thinking.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
How many members would stop posting on ATS if there was no mud pit? Are you a Keyboard saint who's addicted to argument? Does contrived moral superiority give your lives meaning? Ain't happy unless your angry? Is there a group of fatties in cahoots getting paid for the decisive content and daily opposition? I'm starting to wonder. Patterns are emerging and they're starting to stick out but I find it entertaining so I always read the threads but I think most of the daily self righteous banter isn't so random anymore. Oh well. Keep it up ladies. Your profoundly typical and repetitive childish behavior echoes every other social media site just more restrained by the Ts and C's. I love a good s##tshow though. Wannabe demi gods trying to feel influential, unaware that the top of the pyramid is a single king, and he is laughing. Rage on pawns..and on and on.....it's your hobby. It's your life. And I'm convinced that for some of you, its your job.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Sources say...its so ridiculous thereis a 4 year old hashtag on Twitter ridiculing it.

Feel free to defend horsecrap. Thats what anonymous sources tend to shovel at you.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: TinySickTears

3 minutes till but obama

bwuahahahahahaha

I think we outta start a drinking game everytime somebody refers to Obama or Hillary in these threads. Christ we'll die of alcohol poisoning.

Why do you get offended when someone points out hypocracy?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Feel free to defend horsecrap.

I just wanted to let you know I appreciate the time you're taking to participate in this thread Fat Furry Texan... especially this early in the morning. It means a lot to me. It really does.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Why do you get offended when someone points out hypocracy?

What hypocrisy?

Trump is a serial liar, and yet he wants to bring in a lie-detector to find out liars. Not hard to understand.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Id just appreciate people from a so called #resistance having the stones to put their name on the manure they spread. Because its apparent that anonymity (or its false pretense) is only meant to serve a confirmation bias to people who are willing to believe anything, even when unsubstantiated.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Id just appreciate people from a so called #resistance

AKA "Confederation of Dunces" or ""Coalition of the Whining"

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I disagree. Writing anonymously is a powerful and important facet in politics. Sure, words have more weight when the person is named but doing that doesn't always make sense. The government is not kind to whistleblowers, and that often forces anonymity.

If we had better worker protections and whistleblower laws, then the conversation on if this type of editorial should be anonymous would be very different.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

5 years ago...id have agreed.

But the media jumped that shark.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But the media jumped that shark.

This is a spot where I don't really agree. I have two primary issues with the media today:

First, is the 24 hour news cycle. This is an issue that is mainly confined to broadcast media. Fox, CNN, and so on. I think the 24 hour news cycle has greatly diminished quality. In contrast, I think that most print sources (including online articles), even from news networks have been pretty on point. Television has turned the media into quantity over quality and it's failing. Print however is the reverse, it's quality over quantity and most print media has only been improving. This has created a situation where we have institutions like the New York Times which is a print medium taking blame for the failings of a TV station.

My second issue with the media these days is that many institutions which masquerade as the media, aren't credible sources. This would bother me less if it wasn't so widespread, but the barrier to entry to write is so low that anyone can write about anything, based on reality or not, and there will be some percentage of the population that can't tell the difference. It irks me that a segment of the population (which seems to be growing) can't tell that outlets like Natural News, InfoWars, and Washington Times aren't honest publications, or when they recognize that they aren't, conflate this lack of credibility to also say that the Washington Post, CNN, and New York Times similarly lacking in credibility.

I think the first issue is temporary and will work itself out one way or another over time. However, the second point is much harder to solve. It would be extremely short sighted to ask the government to step in here, both due to First Amendment concerns, and because we ideally don't want regulation on the media even if we could swing it legally. Then, from the other side of things it's not really the fault of the media that people can't gauge the truth in what they're being told based on who is saying it. That represents a much deeper flaw in society than an issue of media truthfulness and that shortcoming is what needs to be addressed in order to improve the media.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

There's an anon leak from the Ohr hearing before committee that Wapo and NYT were both in on the dossier and running "leaked" stories so as to provide back up for FISA warrants. If true, NYT is neck deep in the dossier and they know it. They would run this "op-ed" to villify Trump and drive the call for impeachment forward so they don't get caught with the rest of them.

To quote a committee Dem from the leak "no one survives this".

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Lie detector tests?!?

This is beginning to sound the 'The Maury Show'!

I can just see it .... Someone could be standing in the white house with an envelope with the results in it. Upon opening it they could say, "(Insert favorite GOP office person here), you are ........ (NOT/ARE) THE WRITER", and then everyone else in the room would gasp and much drama would follow!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So what is the crime that would allow the use of lie detection?

How is this criminal and not standard political?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
So what is the crime that would allow the use of lie detection?

How is this criminal and not standard political?

It's not. DC even counts as at will, so it can be used as a reason even though lie detector tests are at best pseudoscience.

That's the real problem, they're giving people tests to determine honesty, when passing and failing those tests has no basis on fact. They might as well throw them in a lake and see if they float to determine who is and isn't lying.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm thinking that either they ALL pass, because they are ALL such consummate professional liars, or they ALL fail, because they're ALL consummate liars!

Really? So you think all these people who think this of Trump are liars? Interesting. I happen to think that there's a bunch of leftover meat loafs still there from the previous admin who hate him.... maybe they are consummate liars after all, but I doubt it was written by WH staff, it's more likely it was written by professional writers of the NYT staff. After all, they are also consummate liars. Let's make the staff of the NYT take a polygraph in the interest of making sure there's not a seditious mole in the WH.
Oh yes, and whoever wrote the NYT piece also hates and is jealous enough of Alex Jones to steal his signature "You are the resistance". That goes for the communist ANTIFA as well.
edit on 9-9-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

originally posted by: Aallanon

I love the orange team

ETA don't you hate it when the very next post after yours makes you look like a fool?

Why don't you post something Trump did that obama didn't do?

Trump is the president, not Obama. What Obama did or did not do is irrelevant. Seriously.
I disagree. Obama is an attorney and he knows all about precedent.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Really? So you think all these people who think this of Trump are liars?

No. I think that, like Trump, all his cabinet members and their staffers are all liars. Either they're so good at lying, that they'll pass a polygraph. Or, as many can see, they're not good at lying, like Sarah Sanders and Kellyanne Conway, but do it anyway at everyone's amazement, and will fail the polygraph, no matter what questions are asked.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Feel free to defend horsecrap.

I just wanted to let you know I appreciate the time you're taking to participate in this thread Fat Furry Texan... especially this early in the morning. It means a lot to me. It really does.

What are you, 5?
People are growing tired of this/your nonsense.

poly's are nothing new
the 'White-house' did not consider it, it was one persons idea
You are trying to ridicule the administration for someone suggesting it, yet you crap kittens when someone tells you Obama did it long ago

Its fun watching your type struggle for consistency!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

3 minutes till but obama

bwuahahahahahaha

I think we outta start a drinking game everytime somebody refers to Obama or Hillary in these threads. Christ we'll die of alcohol poisoning.

Yep, thank God we don’t base drinking games on the rampant hypocrisy of the left being pointed out around here or all our livers would be shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join