It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony: White House considers using Polygraph Tests to Identify the Op-Ed Writer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
a reply to: TinySickTears

In what fantasyland are we not allowed to compare one president to his predecessor?

i figured one of you would wait until 5 minute land before the but obama.
it happened in 3 minuteville

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In the words of George Costanza, it's not a lie if you believe it. I would love it if all candidates had to take a lie detector test live on TV. Then we could make our decision based on who lies the least. Oh wait....

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Oh good lord, what a great night on ATS. Fantastic.

And yes, I actually believe they'll go forward with the lie detector tests, whether they'll admit or not. I don't think it'll help though. I can't explain, just my spidey senses ya know?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Oh good lord, what a great night on ATS. Fantastic.

And yes, I actually believe they'll go forward with the lie detector tests, whether they'll admit or not. I don't think it'll help though. I can't explain, just my spidey senses ya know?

Because that's worked SO well up to this point, yes?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Obama did it To All his Staff for 8 Years . He was a Very Paranoid Loser........

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

I love the orange team

ETA don't you hate it when the very next post after yours makes you look like a fool?

Why don't you post something Trump did that obama didn't do?

Trump is the president, not Obama. What Obama did or did not do is irrelevant. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: toysforadults

I did a quick search on the use in employment so Im no expert beyond a google search page.

Finally... some honesty from you.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Polygraphs in a place of business is not unusual at all, especially the White House. You sign on the dotted line to work there and part of that is agreeing to take a polygraph if asked to. In some cases its part of the application process. Same thing if you want to work at a bank, or an armored car company, in R&D at some companies, and so on.

As for the irony of Trump wanting to use them...well...I can't think of a single POTUS from either side of the aisle that could pass one. Or a member of congress for that matter. But I'm from Chicago. Lies and politics are interchangeable here.

And yet, they're not admissible in court, because they haven't been proven to work at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

I love the orange team

ETA don't you hate it when the very next post after yours makes you look like a fool?

Trump is the president, not Obama. What Obama did or did not do is irrelevant. Seriously.

Well id say its relevant when it didnt bother people that Obama did polygraphs. And that he jailed reporters for not giving up their sources on stories. Trump as yet has done none of this and yet we have an op here which tries to make it out t ok be evil now. And worse the Whitehouse never said they were thinking of doing this. This was called for by others wondering why Trump has not done this?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I love the orange team

I find it funny that the left can never deal with anything in context.

Someone calls it "the history of today."

Because if you put anything they are accusing the President of in context, they would just look like screaming hypocrites.

However, I have learned over time that hypocrisy is a thing that the left has no problem with. They know they are hypocrites and revel in it. It is sort of their super power.

After all, it allows them to get away with things in a polite society that they otherwise couldn't do.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I love the orange team

That may be one of the most ignorant and uninformed sentences that I have ever seen here.

Really? Seriously?

You TRULY believe that the ENTIRE 8 years of Hussein's presidency is simply irrelevant?

This is something that you have at least thought about, so, tell you what. Just forget SG and Silly's fanciful meanderings for a moment, why don't you tell us about what glorious feats of logic bring YOU here?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Throw anything and everything to see if it sticks.:

Yes, we've all seen the Antitrump Thread Creator Club's strategy on ATS... Throw ridiculous horsecrap theories, rapid fire, in the hopes something sticks.

I admit, I do appreciate the humor value.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, we've all seen the Antitrump Thread Creator Club's strategy on ATS... Throw ridiculous horsecrap theories,

Yes.... like reports of the Whitehouse considering lie-detector tests, to which many members have gone out of their way to justify the validity of.

Sure.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I love the orange team

Well id say its relevant when it didnt bother people that Obama did polygraphs. And that he jailed reporters for not giving up their sources on stories. Trump as yet has done none of this and yet we have an op here which tries to make it out t ok be evil now. And worse the Whitehouse never said they were thinking of doing this. This was called for by others wondering why Trump has not done this?

Right.
My previous statement stands.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

I love the orange team

That may be one of the most ignorant and uninformed sentences that I have ever seen here.

Really? Seriously?

You TRULY believe that the ENTIRE 8 years of Hussein's presidency is simply irrelevant?

This is something that you have at least thought about, so, tell you what. Just forget SG and Silly's fanciful meanderings for a moment, why don't you tell us about what glorious feats of logic bring YOU here?

Oh ffs. I'm not stupid and ignorant and I'm not a leftie.
My point is that every time someone says, "Trump do BAD!" the rabid right fanatics scream, "But Obama! You weren't bitching when OBAMA did it!" It was a pretty general statement.
You sound like a bunch of 4th graders.
This is why I don't partake in mudpit. Or generally any thread that's focused on licking Trump's boots without checking to see if he stepped in dogsh*t first. SO sorry I opened my mouth, oh very wise one. I bow to your phenomenal well of knowledge and wisdom .

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Not needed. One of these 4 individuals will come clean, when confronted.
naturallymoi.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

Your reverence is noted, my child.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Rapid fire, Hoss, rapid fire!!! Eventually you may get one right... hell, even a broken watch is right twice a day, ya? Persistence is a virtue, particularly in the face of relentless, never ending, certain defeat.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Or generally any thread that's focused on licking Trump's boots without checking to see if he stepped in dogsh*t first:

I'm fairly sure President Trump has never stepped in any of the myriad of Anti-Trump threads on ATS...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Or generally any thread that's focused on licking Trump's boots without checking to see if he stepped in dogsh*t first:

I'm fairly sure President Trump has never stepped in any of the myriad of Anti-Trump threads on ATS...

I'm fairly sure his bootlickers enjoy the taste of dog #...

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join