It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony: White House considers using Polygraph Tests to Identify the Op-Ed Writer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My irony meter just blew up.

Earlier this week, as White House officials huddled in hastily-called, closed-door meetings after the publication of a certain anonymous New York Times op-ed—all the while wondering whether the scurrilous turncoat might be sitting right next to them, feigning concern and nodding worriedly along with everyone else!—Kentucky senator and noted civil liberties enthusiast Rand Paul walked outside the Capitol and floated the exact type of solution that might appeal to a paranoid old man who craves a simple method of assuaging his profound humiliation: polygraphs!

Source

Maybe Trump outta test it on himself first to.... ya know.... make sure the damn thing works on point? After all, last month it was reported on record the President made 4,229 false or misleading statements.

I mean how many times has the man been caught with his pants on fire by Politifact alone? Hey hey I'm certainly not suggesting the President pony up, start actually doing his job and be honest with the American people. I mean there's a special bar set for the President on here I understand, the same rules don't apply. All I'm saying is, think a little more outside the box you know? Lie-detector tests are so retro.

My own personal recommendation...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
it's already standard practice in the intel community

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

OBAMA, NOT TRUMP, ACTUALLY MADE STAFF TAKE LIE DETECTOR TESTS TO STOP LEAKS

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 7-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Maybe Trump outta test it on himself first

No kidding. Trump talking about fake news and lies is a laugh riot.

link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

OBAMA, NOT TRUMP, ACTUALLY MADE STAFF TAKE LIE DETECTOR TESTS TO STOP LEAKS

www.newsweek.com...

3 minutes till but obama

bwuahahahahahaha

and

James Clapper, announced in June 2012 that members of the CIA, FBI, National Security Agency and 13 other intelligence agencies would be subjected to more stringent polygraph tests.

cause thats the same thing

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

it's already standard practice in the intel community

And what do Trump supporters think of the intel community and honesty?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All they are going to do is find someone who gets nervous when hooked up to the lie detector.

Lie detectors are not considered proof in a court of law because they are not always accurate.

So someone will get canned but it may or may not be the person who wrote the letter

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

3 minutes till but obama

bwuahahahahahaha

I think we outta start a drinking game everytime somebody refers to Obama or Hillary in these threads. Christ we'll die of alcohol poisoning.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

3 minutes till but obama

bwuahahahahahaha

I think we outta start a drinking game everytime somebody refers to Obama or Hillary in these threads. Christ we'll die of alcohol poisoning.

its the standard reply.
its all they have

well not all

well yes all

defense and deflection. defend by deflecting.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Maybe if you stop accusing Trump of stuff obama did we would?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Maybe if you stop accusing Trump of stuff obama did we would?

must not have read your own article.

just saw the caps headline and figured score!!!! one for the orange team

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well obama tested white house staff when he was looking for leaks. Its not really a new thing.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I love the orange team

ETA don't you hate it when the very next post after yours makes you look like a fool?

Why don't you post something Trump did that obama didn't do?

+7 more 
link   

I've been playing the "thought provoking anti-Trump thread" drinking game. Everytime someone posts a well thought out, well sourced, factual anti-Trump thread, I take a shot. ...beats the hell out of AA for it's effictiveness, haven't had a drop in 2 years now.

link   

It’s standard practice in law enforcement and just about every other job that requires a clearance.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Well obama tested white house staff when he was looking for leaks. Its not really a new thing. FBI and CIA also test regularly on polygraphs. As far as inaccuracies you dont have to worry all it does is let people know if they need to monitor a person more closely.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

It’s standard practice in law enforcement and just about every other job that requires a clearance.

But it's "so retro" in the view of the Dudley Do Nothing internet warriors, man. Obviously LEOs and security chiefs' intellects pale in comparison to those sporting their mouse of +2 whining and keyboards of Bitching and Moaning fortification.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Polygraphs in a place of business is not unusual at all, especially the White House. You sign on the dotted line to work there and part of that is agreeing to take a polygraph if asked to. In some cases its part of the application process. Same thing if you want to work at a bank, or an armored car company, in R&D at some companies, and so on.

As for the irony of Trump wanting to use them...well...I can't think of a single POTUS from either side of the aisle that could pass one. Or a member of congress for that matter. But I'm from Chicago. Lies and politics are interchangeable here.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well, there is a precedent from a previous administration.

www.google.com...=1

Of course, that is real irony. Also ironic that reporter's were spied on and even went to jail.

The Justice Department, headed by Eric Holder at the time, subpoenaed and seized the phone records for 20 AP phone lines used by more than 100 reporters. The department also subpoenaed and seized calls and emails between The Times reporters and government officials, a Fox News reporter and a State Department contractor, and two reporters and a former CIA officer, The Post reported

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I'm thinking that either they ALL pass, because they are ALL such consummate professional liars, or they ALL fail, because they're ALL consummate liars!

edit on 7-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join