It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones tweets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I’m not defending Alex Jones or his ideas. As I previously stated, I think he’s a lunatic. I am, however, advocating for Twitter to enforce its own code of conduct for all users.

Let’s break down Twitter’s rules, from their own mouth, shall we?

help.twitter.com...

Read along. This should be fun.

Violence: You may not make specific threats of violence or wish for the serious physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, threatening or promoting terrorism. You also may not affiliate with organizations that — whether by their own statements or activity both on and off the platform — use or promote violence against civilians to further their causes.

mobile.twitter.com...

Does that not violate the rule I just posted?

I agree. Twitter’s house. Twitter’s rules. That being said, if Twitter already has rules set in place, they should be enforced among all users, not just the ones they don’t particularly like.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

I don't care at all that a malicious slanderer and con artist has lost his platforms. I like to think of human culture as a pool and we don't need people like that pissing in it. We've got enough problems. F*** him like he was happily f***** over his fanbase and bereaved parents.

I also don't care about Trump on social media. He gives it so he should get it.

I agree with your idea that T&Cs should be applied as fairly as possible. There's an appearance that people on the radical right are being disproportionately banned compared to the radical left. It's dangerous and people on both sides should realise it can go both ways instead of thinking its OK when it's one-sided.

As an ATS moderator, I've got a slightly different perspective too. We regularly get irate members accusing us of being biased and especially amongst the super-partisans. They'll say we're oppressing right-wing members or suppressing left-wing ones. We see members complaining of bias. The reality is we've probably banned about as many righties as we have lefties in the past year. It means I can totally comprehend the possibility that Twitter/FB/Instagram etc are banning equal amounts of assholes on either side without anyone knowing.

Jordan Peterson is a popular figure amongst the right and radical right and on this topic I mostly agree with him. Not in regards to what he says about Jones, but what he says about corporate social media deciding the moral parameters of what people say/upload/post. Morals and ethics do not have a political slant.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
awww poor Alex Jones.

You fly all the way to DC and then publicly attack the CEO of twitter, and then wonder why you get banned?

Helloooooooooooooo? Anyone with any common sense?

Would have never happened if he hadnt have targeted the guy in a public fashion like that, with cameras all around, acting a fool.

Private companies have rights to do what they want, and if I basically tell the CEO of one to go eff himself, I expect not to be on that platform anymore.

Actions=consequences

So.. here's the lesson kids.

Don't speak your mind to those who control you. And if you must, do it safely from your basements, and never criticise them harshly. Or you get china'd all over.

I mean, telling someone what you think of them, is one thing. You have to bend over first. For them to see you're not being an asshole.

What a joke...

The joke is thinking you can be a complete jerkwad to someone and there wont be consequences.

I know I know, thats a hard concept to wrap your head around

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I miss his insight and cavorting I used to take with a pinch what he was saying but most is true.
This was expected to be removed from You Tube but has survived for a third day.
peace yall.

And the Sunday edition.

edit on 10 9 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well the videos lasted 4 days and then terminated. Many other right leaner's have been censored by the rainbow nation open borders lunatics. Am waiting until they ban Donald.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join