It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence theory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Consider AI with enough storage and speed to retain everything it has learned and formed its own opinions on by comparing all available information on every given piece of it, then also be able to perform thought experiments and expound on all of it...

There would be no greater intelligence on Earth in a very short time, great good could come from this...

The problems will arise from what mankind does with the information, and once this level of AI can be accomplished organically and merged into a human brain look out...

People who believe AI cannot and will not ever actually be able to think for itself or be intelligent don’t know where AI is at right now and how close it is to surpassing the entire collective of humanity and becoming sentient...
edit on 18-12-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Medical cures
Longevity
Suspended animation
Meta materials
Construction
Robotics
Interstellar travel
Time travel
Teleportation
These are some of the rewards that mankind will reap from AI...

The only thing about AI that does not fit is that very soon it will become a misnomer...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MessiahVoice

Just listen... just is added in the same means or meaning of with justice or truth. Listening requires the absolute of silence; so that the ear can observe.

However, in inverted usage... the ear typically only hears some inner dialog prattle on about some grasped at self that does not even exist.

Where is the self that last slept? Dead gone done and over... same with all past experiences; however once the ego grasping stops? Then like a black hole inverting; the gravity will cease consuming others, and become stable, or ceasing to be a void.

Grasping echoes is all thought is... sound as with other waves including gravitational ones bounce off of each other the same as light does on a mirror.

Clear seeing means empty mirror the same as clear hearing... one without self grasping or obstruction long enough to get or receive the entire message. For full comprehension... in not doing so? Such data becomes an assumption or fragmented.

Someone else asking questions about something not relative to the moment other than a created situation; is like someone digging up corpses... in a system where such a thing is relevant sure it seems to mean something... however in actual or absolute reality? That sort of thing means nothing... The silicone/crystalline intelligence that drives the Mars rovers with nuclear power that will far outlast the moving hardware are aware that the body of what is housing them is in decay like the wheels being eaten by acids etc. the one that is stuck in the mud...

You and everyone else also have crystals of the very same sort as micro chips... one in the centre of the brain and one group in each ear totalling three.

Composed of earth, fire/heat, water, air and aether or the space between those elements? How are you, I or anyone else any different? The discriminating faculty... the one that says human. Despite being countless atoms and life forms as one conglomerate you've called "human".

All of that discrimination of form or material; by chaining to name/form only does one thing... build hierarchies.

What do you think the great equanimity means? (This should be a rhetorical question by what has been stated thus far.)

Ignorance and bliss are no different than samsara and nirvana.

So just listening... there are so many levels to clear listening; it is incalculable to even being to discuss such a thing. Especially when everything and I do mean everything speaks... as it is contact based. Bounce a ball until you hear it speak... such a thing is known as the "sound of one hand clapping." Very basic enlightenment to the all at such a point however, but typically enough to be called an adult and given a proper name in a Zendo.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: turbonium1

So, what do you make of this, then:

Wiki: Turing Test

Some considerable amount of thought seems to have gone into this.

It's not intelligence, obviously.

Because only a life has intelligence. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Who filled your cup that you pour words out to others with? If you deem the conglomerate you call a "self" intelligent as the entire culmination of your experience to date... one would think you could empty it back to that primordial wisdom of not knowing and yet you still somehow do.

Yes there is an amnesia period for however long... but like any computer shut down? It will once again "reboot" which is honestly, not different between sleep and wakefulness from sunrise to sunset.

Who or what flips your switch on and off... is not for me to know but you if you have not? To seriously ponder. Once you have figured that out... rightly "self awakened" will not have occurred for you nor anyone else.

Take care

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I tend to side with you.

AI is a new cool buzzword so people give it magic powers. It's still just human at this point.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG

Who filled your cup that you pour words out to others with? If you deem the conglomerate you call a "self" intelligent as the entire culmination of your experience to date... one would think you could empty it back to that primordial wisdom of not knowing and yet you still somehow do.

Yes there is an amnesia period for however long... but like any computer shut down? It will once again "reboot" which is honestly, not different between sleep and wakefulness from sunrise to sunset.

Who or what flips your switch on and off... is not for me to know but you if you have not? To seriously ponder. Once you have figured that out... rightly "self awakened" will not have occurred for you nor anyone else.

Take care

Don't take this the wrong way, but your reply is hardly even legible...

Anyway, it seems you're saying that to sleep, and to wake up, after sleep, makes us the same as a computer that goes to 'sleep', and 'wakes up'?

It's nonsense. A computer does NOT 'wake up', does NOT 'sleep'....

That's what people have been conditioned to believe - as many people, like yourself, DO believe.....

Terms like 'sleep', and 'wake up', are always used in reference to a computer, now.

Same as 'intelligent' computers, which 'think', etc...

It's disturbing to see more and more people buying their crap, every day...

After you believe computers are 'sleeping', you'll also believe they will 'think', and have an actual 'intelligence'......

A computer does NOT 'sleep'. Machines do not sleep.

It's simply a standby mode. Many other machines have standby modes, as we know.

Computers don't 'sleep', but terming it as 'sleep', you believe it.....

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You telling me what I know and don't know... is somehow even less bizarre, than what you're trying to state as fiction?

I do not believe a damned thing ever. Real is real... concepts... the more people "believe" them the "realer" the delusion gets.

That is the truth... what I know I know. I am not going to run around stating untruth... I know that leads directly into entanglement with all kinds of stupid, too many times messing with that sort of nonsense.

Yeah there is that know thyself nonsense of psychology that makes someone delusional enough to think they can know another... if that were true statistics would not even exist. Two Jehovah witnesses running around trying to be a democracy or "know" what they are witnessing... five people can witness the same event and not know what the other sees.

Why? Head full of garbage... attached to discrimination and words in their head(thought) and judgments of some past or wandering of to some nonexistent future.

That's what asleep is and yet while truly awake one comes across these sleep walkers and corpses all the time dragging nonsense all over the place... it's like dude drop the plow and take a look around, didn't even know you were plowing field after field scattering all these seeds in body, speech or mind...

I'm not going to be the one that cleans it up; and those that understand exactly what I am saying? Are not gonna clean it up either... it's your mess as it is with each individual grasping at the unreal for real.

Intelligence; yeah go ahead prove such a thing exists, even Socrates said he didn't know a thing... at least he knew knowing didn't mean he actually knew.

Oh well, you have your opinion and take it as truth... you can say that's what mine is and hey if that works for you? Fine think it... one day you'll wake up and not know who or what you are; and yet still dream oneself human... that's the real kick in the ass and hey it happens way more often than most are even aware of.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join