It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulling the race card when nobody has been racist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I lived in "the dirty south" most of my life and sold houses for a number of years to mostly poor, blacks and other minorities.

Not to brag, but having lived all over the US, my approach to them were the same as anyone else I had ever sold.
I treated them with respect and care, and concern-many became my friends.

Most of the other builders' agents were older southerners who had alot of trouble dealing with the minorities and their sales spoke volumes-they did treat them differently and I heard their conversations during office meetings-they were definitely racist and I am sure the clients felt it.

I'm not saying this is what may have been felt in the op's situation but to declare that just one side was calling the race card and that's all there is to the situation, may be a bit simplistic.

I never read what the black buyer was angry about-so pieces here are missing.
edit on 7-9-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

My Dad sold insurance for 30+ years. Almost exclusively to the black community.

When I asked him why that was one time, he said, "Because white folks don't pay their policy premiums and I end up having to lapse them."

He used to take me riding with him back when I was younger, when he had to pick up collections for their policies. One time he left me in the car, walked up to an old lady sitting on her front porch with two other black fellas. The old lady went inside to get her money and my Dad went in the house with her. While they were inside, I heard the two black fellas that were still sitting on the porch talking. One of them asked, "Who's that white man and whats he doing here?" To which the other fella replied, "That ain't no white man, that's the Insurance man!"

So I'm sure when they saw you coming, they probably said something along the same lines. "That ain't no white man, that's the house selling man!"

Funny story. One time, he actually had a lady try to take out a life insurance policy on her son the day after he was shot in a drive by. Pops told her she could'nt take out a policy on somebody already dead, to which she promptly threw a hissy fit over the phone and called him racist.

If I just saw it once or twice, I could get behind the idea that its not near as prevalent as what it seems. But like I said, I've seen it at work, I've seen it at the grocery store, hell I've seen it just driving through the "wrong" neighborhood. Just two days ago I was pumping gas when I was approached by a black fella asking me for a dollar. (pretty common around here) He said, "Man.....I ain't even gonna lie......" To which I promptly stopped him and told him every time somebody says that, what follows outta their mouth is almost always a lie. He just narrowed his eyes at me and walked off muttering something about a racist cracker.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The amount of racism in your post was epic. Congratulations-each example outdid the previous one.

My clients were my clients-they weren't blacks and they didn't ask for handouts and I didn't target them because they paid their bills. Each client was separate not because of their race. Just people.

No blacks here where I live in Florida and I have never seen such lies and fraudulence. It's epic. Race plays no part in the illegal behavior.

And I'm not a guy.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
The amount of racism in your post was epic. Congratulations-each example outdid the previous one.

My clients were my clients-they weren't blacks and they didn't ask for handouts and I didn't target them because they paid their bills. Each client was separate not because of their race. Just people.

No blacks here where I live in Florida and I have never seen such lies and fraudulence. It's epic. Race plays no part in the illegal behavior.

And I'm not a guy.

I apologize if I triggered you. I don’t bow down to the PC crowd. I’m convinced you’re all full of excrement. I call it like I see it.

I live in an area where it’s almost 70 percent black. Since you love in an area where there are none. I guess we have different experiences. Thought you said you lived in the dirty dir? And by the way, that’s what the black folks call it.

Still doesn’t detract from anything I said. Get over yourself.
edit on 7-9-2018 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I don't use words like triggered much-I call them as I see them. And, I see racism all over your posts. And that's sad.

Unfortunately, this is the situation. People identifying by their race.

We have a long way to go. Perhaps a generational thing-I don't pretend to have answers-and neither do the US politicans-or the posters here. Nor the South Africans.

Guess you'll say everyone is triggered.

I'm done talking to you. Something you can't or won't ever see.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't use words like triggered much-I call them as I see them.

Just because you don't like using that word yourself does'nt mean that you aren't triggered.

I did'nt say anything racist. People like you have thrown that word around so much that it effectively means nothing anymore.

And you know what, youre right. There is a vast amount of racism around here. And almost all of it comes FROM the black community. Even to each other. The light skinned ones don't like the dark skinned ones. And vice versa. Call me racist again if it makes you feel better but that's the truth. Since you live around nothing but white people I would'nt expect you to understand. Oh and btw, my Mom is Creole. What you would call "black". Even though Creoles don't really consider themselves black.

I'm done talking to you. Something you can't or won't ever see.

OK

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've also seen this behavior a few times from black males with terrible attitudes. They acted like jackasses in all the cases I remember and when called on it they went off about racism. I remember three times distinctly that this occured. All of those times I witnessed the entire spectacle and they were completely in the wrong. I don't think this is that uncommon.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Westernized Black people. Those type of cultural influence came from America. You can blame America for it. Also black gangs are using it as an excuse if you haven't noticed already. I much prefer the village Africans who aren't influenced with these ideas.

When SHTF. I'll so slap black people who blame things just because they say they are black. I'll even get my black friends to slap them for me. Disrespectful and churlish.
God doesn't approve.
edit on 7-9-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Eh, I got called a racist by a schoolmate on the bus one morning. I had a seat to myself and we stopped at one of the stops where a rather large group of brothers and sisters got on. Three of the sisters squashed into my seat and there really wasn't enough room for four of us. Someone else offered to let me sit with them so they could have the seat and more room. A cousin of theirs called me racist because I didn't want to sit with the "mexicans."

Holy gods. It was four people sitting in a seat designed for a max of 3. I'm not sure how giving up my seat to those 3 girls made me a racist. Perhaps I should have refused to let one of them sit there. I'm sure I'd still be a 'racist' if I did that, as well as a big meanie head for splitting them up.

Really sick to the gills of the race card being pulled out every time something happens a minority group doesn't like or disagrees with.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I never read what the black buyer was angry about-so pieces here are missing.

He was initially angry because prices at the store went up. He accused them of racism for feeling threatened when he started swearing and speaking gangsta.
He shouted at them that it is how black people speak and they were racist for not accepting that.

He was a prick basically.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Now, I understand. Race really isn't the point. He just was a prick. Lots of those around.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well race wasn't the point to the two scared girls he was calling white supremacists, it was only the guy who was trying to make the point about race.
Lucky the store had audio with their CCTV because it certainly protected the girls from the accusations and got the guy arrested.
I liked the community side of it though, it looked like he was going to be physically violent so the stranger customer who gave me a nod let me know I had back up. The angry dude was big and for all I knew could have had a knife so strength in numbers and all that.
Pulling the race card was lame though, I've never seen that before but it appears from other members replying here that such spurious accusations are common.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Here in the past few weeks we've had incident with a few people pulling the race card at work, hasn't happened with me personally but I try to be cool with everyone. This is a different issue really that I haven't had to deal with though, "spur of the moment".. I gain respect at work by busting my arse and trying to help each individual as much as I can. Some people just don't want to work, being white, black, purple or green..

Not real sure what I would do in your instance, probably the don't go away mad approach just go away hints. I sure have to listen to both sides of the story though and most times they differ hugely... I try to keep my new ear buds in and continue to bust my hump and try not to let petty crap bother me.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlackNot real sure what I would do in your instance, probably the don't go away mad approach just go away hints. I sure have to listen to both sides of the story though and most times they differ hugely...

Oh gosh, I was witness to it all, and a neutral witness as I didn't know the store workers or the angry guy. There is nothing the angry guy could tell you to explain away his spurious accusations of racism. He was lying flat out, very aggressive, and me calmly getting involved was the only option because the guy seemed moments away from becoming physically violent.

Nope, this was an example of someone pulling the race card and being completely out of order. Something I've only heard about minorities doing, never actually seen it before.
edit on 8-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I've seen it, trust me where I work it's a diverse industry, most times I just turn my head in disgust.. I use that out of sight out of mind type approach and I've seen many people come and go.. I mean many.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think a couple of things need to be admitted for tye sake of honesty:

- stereotyping is a natural human behavoir and learning to fear a stereotype has kept us alive. All skin colors have pockets of assholes the give bad impression to stereotypes. Our job is to decrease that so it is no longer weighing on our psyches

- there are true racists that seek to beluttle others simply out of an alpha aggression based in racial supiorority. We need to stop silencing this viewpoint. Its easier to stay away from vocal assholes than silent ones.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

You live in Asia, what are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Like I said in my post though. All he has to go on is his point of view. You can't tell him they'd be afraid of any customer who acts like that no matter what color they were, and he can't experience that for himself in any real way.

So because in his own world it's all race, that's how he sees it.

And yeah, poor people do tend to be loud, but I can tell you from experience that it's not exclusive to blacks. I have poor relatives and they're loud ... just like poor blacks. I think it's more a trait of being poor than one of any race.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
The crazy thing is though he certainly didn't look poor to me, heck his running shoes alone must have been worth more than everything I was wearing, including my work boots lol.
His rant was more the principle of a 15 pence increase in whatever it was he wanted to buy compared to last week, not that he couldn't afford it.
Even if he'd bought his shoes from a shoplifter thief he would have still paid at least £50, so if he was poor it would be bad spending choices to blame.

No, his argument to me was that they shouldn't be scared of his swearing and the way he spoke because that was just how black people spoke, therefore they were being racist. I disagreed with him about that and said I understood why the girls were afraid of his threatening behaviour.
I'm surprised he didn't call me racist as well but I had my calm 'social worker' voice and tone on which calmed him down from his initial temper.

It was almost a pity the cops turned up because he kicked off again ranting that they were racist then so he's probably even more angry now he's been through the system. 2 minutes later and he would have just walked away because I'd encouraged him to finally leave the store.
Ah well, I tried my best.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

And I'm not a guy.

Can you point out said racism in his post? Please im confused because he was spot on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join