It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proves himself a hypocrite in comments on trump using racial politics and misusing DOJ

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
a reply to: soundguy

Just once, I wish leftists would at least be morally consistent. Morally honest would be nice too.

Bringing up a relevant example of Obama doing what Trump did is perfectly acceptable despite you saying it's not. Because it proves the left's hypocrisy in selective criticism and selective outrage.

If you were not outraged when Obama did it, you have no right to be so now.

The left invent new words like 'whataboutism' in order to shield themselves from criticised for their utter hypocrisy. They know they are complete hypocrites, so regardless of the tactics they use during the day, when their head hits the pillow at night they know how pathetic they are. I am sure that is especially true for Barry.
edit on 8/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Just once, I wish leftists would at least be morally consistent. Morally honest would be nice too.

Bringing up a relevant example of Obama doing what Trump did is perfectly acceptable despite you saying it's not. Because it proves the left's hypocrisy in selective criticism and selective outrage.

The left invent new words like 'whataboutism' in order to shield themselves from criticised for their utter hypocrisy. They know they are complete hypocrites, so regardless of the tactics they use during the day, when their head hits the pillow at night they know how pathetic they are. I am sure that is especially true for Barry.

They don't consider themselves pathetic. They know they're hypocrites, but they're completely comfortable with that and they think it's justified to advance their ideology. The rules are for other people, not them. They think they're special. And yeah they're tricking and using gullible people, but the ends justify the means.
edit on 8 9 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: angeldoll

Ill see your "how hard is it" and raise you a "how hard is it to say antifa is violent and wrong?"

I think angel is conveniently sitting out this hand.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
99% of what the world has heard from Obama is heavily scripted and read off a tele prompter.

If people heard Obama speak freely while puffing on a cig, they would be in for a big surprise

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: soundguy
So just once I wish a rwnj, could actually make a sane statement that didn’t involve,,,,,,, bbbbbbut Clinton or Obamadid thismor that.

Your hypocrisy is duly noted, yawn. Then again, I’m reminded that nothing triggers a rwnj snowflake quicker than obama (or any other black person for that matter) giving a great speech.

Secondly, how is me pointing out Obama lied in this speech

Where did he lie?

Your dishonesty is exhausting.

Need some help?

We’re supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we’re sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers.

It took Trump DAYS to respond appropriately, and even then he read a prepared statement near grudgingly from a teleprompter.

Trump finally condemns Charlottesville racism, days after violence
www.theguardian.com...

Trumps first response hours after a White Supremacist mowed down dozens and killed a young protestor?

"We condemn in the strongest most possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides. On many sides," Trump said.

ON MANY SIDES, ON MANY SIDES...

That is called EQUIVOCATION.

THAT is what Pres. Obama meant by "Unequivocal".

I will be eagerly waiting for you to attack the following GOP as well for calling trump out for the same failure.

"Mr. President - we must call evil by its name," Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., tweeted, "These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism."

Gardner's sentiments were echoed in tweets by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa; Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla.; Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah; Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.; and House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis.

www.npr.org...

edit on 8-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: angeldoll

Ill see your "how hard is it" and raise you a "how hard is it to say antifa is violent and wrong?"

How hard is it to be able to distinguish between violent and wrong?

Pssst. Antifa may be violent, but they aint wrong. Fascists and facism suck. If you disagree you are wrong.

Ditto BLM. Violence is bad. BLM is a movement with a legit complaint worth discussing.

Ditto most causes.

Violence bad. Cause? Worthy of national debate.

BUT White Supremacist and KKK though? THEY are BOTH violent and wrong.

Trump was unwilling to make that easy condemnation until pressed to do so.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

LOL "Whataboutism" is taken directly from Putin's handbook!

Trump Embraces One Of Russia's Favorite Propaganda Tactics — Whataboutism www.npr.org...

Trump and Putin's common weapon

Whataboutism has been common in Putin's Russia. The Atlantic cited one such example in 2014, noting that when the Kremlin faced criticisms of its treatment of protesters, government officials responded, "What about the United Kingdom? Breaking the law during public gatherings there could lead to a fine of 5,800 pounds sterling there or even prison."

One reason that Trump and Putin might both find whataboutism useful, said one expert in Russian politics, is that they have common political impulses.

"[Putin and Trump] are both populist leaders. They always try to be as uncertain as possible. And for a populist that's important," Dubrovsky said. "Whataboutism is a very substantial part of populism rhetoric."/ex]

(post by BlueJacket removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

She never does so don’t expect her to start now!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Obama is just a leftover turd, why is this even a thing?

Only the globalists miss him.

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
99% of what the world has heard from Obama is heavily scripted and read off a tele prompter.

A fly landed on Obama's teleprompter yesterday and covered up a word. Caused a slight brain-freeze for the former President.

BTW.. have you seen the photos of him in California today? Hair is 90% whiter than yesterday in Illinois.
theconservativetreehouse.com...

I think he forgot to put the hair coloring in his luggage.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

No cigars for me, I have asthma

How about a Pabst blue ribbon?

yuk,, maybe a Miller. Better yet some Jim Beam!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yes again I shied the quotes where trump called out violence from Nazis

As opposed to obama who lectured cops when black lives matter shot five if them

Of course though you think antifa is right

That is the very heart if what we are discussing

I feel we should condemn all of this political violence

You feel your sides violence is ok

edit on 8-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Every president is a hypocrite that's a part of their role.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That post is nonsense.

Yes Antifa, Anti-Facism, is right in it's cause. It fails in its violent and ignorant methods.

Facism sucks. It's a non-starter.

Ditto BLM, Police Violence against people of color is real. Violence is wrong.

The KKK and Neo-Nazi's? Wrong in their cause and violence is always wrong.

Pretty effen easy to condemn the KKK. Trump took days and a whole lot of equivocation to get there.

KKK Cause? Wrong. Violence? Wrong.

Are you really incapable of comprehending that?

BLM = Stop shooting unarmed black people.
Antifa = Facist Neo Nazi's suck
KKK and Neo Nazi's = Black/Brown/Foreign people are bad and White people are superior and we should institutionalize that.

Assuming violence is wrong for all, which of those is a bad cause?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You feel your sides violence is ok

Straight up.

Quote anywhere I have suggested the same?

This is why I find your posts not credible.

You lie about other posters.

Have I told you that you feel it's OK to shoot unarmed black men because they are black?

Have I told you that you feel it is OK drive a car into crowds of people that don't think like you do?

Have I made these declarations about how you feel?

What would you think of me if I did? Perhaps you would think that my posts were dishonest, gross, offensive and worthless. Perhaps you would remember pledging not to engage in a discussion with someone so bankrupt of honesty?

edit on 9-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

At least you are honest

You think violent thugs who label anyone they don’t like Nazis and attack them are good because they have good intentions

Just like Stalin and mao has good intentions

I mean sure, 150 million people died, but they were just helping workers and poor people, right?

It doesn’t matter if someone claims to have a good cause if they use it as an excuse to act in a terrible way

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I guess I shouldn’t have said you feel violence is ok, but you claim that violence is in the name of a justified cause, which is then used to downplay or legitimize that violence

And how dare you accuse me of lying

Remember last week when you flat out called me a liar and told me to apologize to everyone for posting an article that said the exact opposite of what is said it did?

Remember that you actually didn’t read that article and were absolutely wrong, yet still called me a liar?

You are consistently rude, and quick to accuse others of lying, probably because you assume everyone is as petty and unethical as you

But hey, much like antifa, I am sure you justify all of this because you feel you have a good cause
edit on 9-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join