It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proves himself a hypocrite in comments on trump using racial politics and misusing DOJ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So Obama is back (yay!)

I know that he said a lot about Trump, and honestly he seems to be someone who can energize the democrats, so I dont blame him for campaigning.

But I wanted to focus on two issues he brought up that I think are laughable.

He accused trump of playing up racial fears, and of making the DOJ partisan.

I find this laughable, because Obama did both of these things, and in my opinion, much more so than Trump.

Lets start with the racial comments.

First, Obama lies and asks how hard is it to say nazis are bad?

www.cnn.com...

This was a lie repeated again and again by the media, that trump wouldnt call out nazis.

As I have shown before, here are trumps three speeches referring to charlottesville.

In the first here, he directly calls out racist on all sides.

www.vox.com...

In this second and third, he specifically mentions neo nazis and the KKK by name and condemns them.

www.nytimes.com...

abcnews.go.com...

So the mere fact that Obama would spread this lie shows that he is still playing the same race game he is accusing trump of playing.

Obama inserted himself into race all of the time. In fact, when a BLM rally attendee shot a bunch of Dallas cops, how hard would it have been for Obama to condemn that group?

Oh thats right, he used nuance, knowing not everyone in that BLM protest was a killer. Instead Obama went to those officers funeral and told those in attendance that we needed to focus on the racial divide between the police and african americans.

www.npr.org...

Obama and his supporters made many things about race, even if it had nothing to do with anything. For him to claim that Trump is racilizing things and ignore that Obama wrote the playbook on that is laughable.

The second hypocritical thing Obama criticized trump for was call out Trump for politicizing the DOJ.

thehill.com...

I agree with Obama that Trump was stupid and wrong for calling out the DOJ for going after two republicans. However, Trump seemed to be more upset about the timing than the fact they charged these people.

Nevertheless, I think Trump was wrong.

However, listening to Obama complain about weaponizing the DOJ or any agency is hialrious!

The EPA, the IRS, the FBI, the DOJ; all mere political tools for Obama.

Lets just look at his DOJ.

Holder claimed to be Obama's "wingman" as attorney general. Sounds real independent huh?

How about the Fast and furious scandal, where Obama extended executive privileged is the shadiest possible manner to keep oversight from seeing Holders emails (I guess that beats just deleting them like Hillary).

Or how about Loretta lynch meeting Bill on the tarmac? How about her not recusing herself? How about her inserting herself into the Hillary email and trump russia investigations in bad ways (telling comey to call the investigation a matter, telling the FBI to not disclose the weiner emails and to rush through them)

Or how about Obama himself declaring Hillary innocent before the investigation (maybe because he was emailing hillary on that private account)?

Or how about Obama using his doj to go after more whistle blowers than any President in history, even going so far as to spy on journalists he didnt like?

The point is Obama, and democrats and the much of the media in general, are again showing they have double standards.

When trump does something, they hyperventilate and claim he is destroying the country; when Obam did the same things but even worse, they didnt have a problem with it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

and he wasn't wrong. Whats your point?

+45 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That he is a hypocrite.

Didnt you read the op?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Good God man. The truth has slapped you in the face this morning, and you still don't recognize it. I guess you've decided to put your pretentions towards 'bipartisanship" out to pasture?

BTW, are you going to start spamming the boards with your videos every chance you get?
(Asking for a friend)

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Read the OP before spewing your garbage and you'll know what's the point.

Silly.

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Good God man. The truth has slapped you in the face this morning, and you still don't recognize it. I guess you've decided to put your pretentions towards 'bipartisanship" out to pasture?

BTW, are you going to start spamming the boards with your videos every chance you get?
(Asking for a friend)

you subjective views as a partisan are not "truth".

I have never claimed to be totally bipartisan, i try to be as objective as possible. I dont feel anything in my OP was inaccurate.

I have asked if people like the videos or not, most have said they like them.

If there is a consensus to not have them, I will stop.

Do you have anything relevant to say on the topic?

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Lol, it is the left that is playing up the racial fears, the left is so desperate that they eat their own just to win.

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Awesome, triggered by grambler videos.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The OP provided plenty of links and sources to prove Obama is a hypocrite yet any of his minions commented on it.

Whataboutism and personal attacks on the OP. That's the alt-left.
edit on 7/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Of course Obama was correct, and thank you for standing up to bullies.
"How hard is it to say Nazi's are wrong", I believe he said. And " since when, in the United States of American, do White Nationalists and Nazi's feel so embolded that, with or without white hoods on, they can walk downtown protesting in Charlottesville, in the day time?"

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Ill see your "how hard is it" and raise you a "how hard is it to say antifa is violent and wrong?"

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Lol, it is the left that is playing up the racial fears, the left is so desperate that they eat their own just to win.

Which brings up something I was thinking today... Obama coming out for this election cycle can only mean one thing.

Dems are scared. REAL scared. I bet thier internal polling showed them the decided lack of a blue wave.

Otherwise they wouldn't have pulled the Con-Man In Chief out to stump for them.

S&F to the OP. Just looking at the first page of the thread I see some hyper-triggering going on. Means you are over the target.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

i try to be as objective as possible

Try harder.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"How hard is it to say Nazi's are wrong", I believe he said. And " since when, in the United States of American, do White Nationalists and Nazi's feel so embolded that, with or without white hoods on, they can walk downtown protesting in Charlottesville, in the day time?"

I'm sorry, but you're not even trying.
I cannot help but think that it's deliberate.
Seriously, you are either ignorant of decades of facts (and can be offered more information to fill in the gaps) , or you are being opaque on purpose.

..Since when?
Nazis march in Skokie

edit on 7-9-2018 by LedermanStudio because: grammar

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Which brings up something I was thinking today... Obama coming out for this election cycle can only mean one thing.

Dems are scared. REAL scared. I bet thier internal polling showed them the decided lack of a blue wave.

S&F to the OP. Just looking at the first page of the thread I see some hyper-triggering going on. Means you are over the target.

Of course we're scared, we've got a corrupt, lying, obstructing moron in office who is clueless on how to be a President, and anybody who has good sense is scared. He's got to go.

The frog is boiling.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Try harder.

Your smug personal comments have been noted.

Good job.

As for your comment about saying nazis are bad; yes Obama is continuing to facilitate the false narrative that Trump didnt condemn racist and nazis. I provided the links to his comments that show this is a lie.

But while we are on it, how hard is it for Obama to condemn anti semites like his buddy Farrakhan?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Since always. The unfortunate part of a free society with freedom of speech/expression is some adults can't handle it and are filled with hate and ignorance. The KKK is an example of the ramifications of having such freedoms.

Part of our responsibility of living in said society is to make sure we are educated enough to resist such inclinations (I know, not hard for me and you). Another part is being aware there will be ideologies and opinions we don't like.

All that said, OP linked where Trump called them out.

If I had to take a guess as to what OP was referring to in calling Obama a hypocrite, I'd venture that's in reference to his association with Black Lives Matter. While I respect the mission statement of the group, they have had a couple (not a lot) of rouge people call for shooting police.

So the topic is nuanced.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Try harder.

No offence, just a suggestion, but Grambler does make honest efforts to be objective while having his own opinion.

His opinion is different from yours, he does not hide that.

But both sides being nasty to each other merely for holding different opinions only drives people to the further extremes of center.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

There are just as many people that despise Obama that also like him.

So Obama coming out today will also galvanize those voters that may have just stayed home.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, it's extremely obvious that the partisanship has been triggered now that Obama is in the news again.

Wish he could just be ignored. We know who and what he is now. Attempting to defend him just makes you look even more silly.

Not a Trumper but definitely wish Obama would keep away but the Dems really need him because he makes them feel good about themselves-they are so racially conscious and above the white Reubs.

Can this get more obvious? Why do we keep falling for the same ole game...so easily manipulated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join