It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a real life Frank Castle - AKA - The Punisher

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Frank in the War Machine suit (which was an arc) could really tackle the big baddies that are heavily protected.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So we need a hero? Then we will never need to stand up for ourselves and correct what we dislike about our current society instead of making the tough decisions. Just sit back and watch these heroes do our job for us.

What happens when they are gone? Instead of developing the resolve to change the world ourselves, we will just sit quietly while another hero is born? Hey, we can allow ourselves to be abused for another 10-20 years while we wait for the messiah. That is a great trade off for never defining our morals or how to adhere to them. Then we can just sit our our butt watching the soap opera of politics.....goooooo green team. yea. waiving flags and stuff

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
a reply to: Specimen

"Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment." - Frank Castle

Did he come up with that before or after he ruthlessly murdered the Mafia that murdered his family?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

originally posted by: Excallibacca

"Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment." - Frank Castle

Did he come up with that before or after he ruthlessly murdered the Mafia that murdered his family?

Ummm...during...it had to be during...

One of those fourth wall break's like Deadpool...you know...when Frank squints hard directly into the audience eye...one of those rage induced total zone moments...and loudly exclaims..."Next"...!

YouSir

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Y'know, rather than tell you how this is a bad idea and would only lead to entirely too many eggs being broken just to make a damn omelette, I'll go a different route......I'll partially agree with you.

If we're going to go with some sort of vigilante like this, I would much rather have a Batman than a Punisher. Yes, the justice system sucks a lot more often than not, but no person deserves to be jury and executioner. Give someone that power, and they will take it too far, guaranteed. At least a Batman tries their hardest to not cross that line, because they understand the evil that will come with it.

I'm perfectly ok with somebody beating up the evil and using any method available to bring them in, but no more than that.

You can tell a lot about a person by which one of the two they prefer. My old supervisor is a devout christian and is studying to be a pastor, and I'm a weirdo that listened to all sorts of cheesy satanic bands growing up, read the satanic bible, and have a big interest in things related to the macabre. He prefers Punishers way of doing things, and I prefer Batmans. I just get a kick out of the weird moral twist there. lol
edit on 7-9-2018 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's an opinion...sort like a butt hole...we all have one.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think the world needs some men of action, who are willing to kill the scum that are making this world a dangerous and horrible place

are you entertaining suggestions? I got one.

Oh and why only men?

IDK where I specifically mentioned men, maybe I did, if I did, it was in the generalized term of "Man" - mankind. I think there are both men and women guilty of these things and I'm not suggesting only a man could be a "Punisher".

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The problem we seem to have in the US and in many other countries is that the "Justice system" is often controlled by the people it is supposed to be investigating, arresting and sentencing. What do you do when this is the case. There have been times when people are obviously guilty but the justice system doesn't handle things properly (possibly b/c of pressure, bribes, corruption, etc).

One example is something like the cartel bosses and a prime example is/was Escobar and the latest El Chapo. Both of them have been open about their crimes (or at least it is obvious the crimes are tied to them). Escobar got his own prison/castle when he surrendered after killing so many people w/n his own country and that doesn't even take into account the people who died in the US from drug use or dealing (related murders). Chapo is much the same.

I agree that it is a slippery slope but I'm not talking about cases that are questionable. The US seems to think that this is a reasonable course of action when they "depose" a foreign dictator often of fake or exaggerated charges (or they don't take into account what would have happened had they not acted the way they did - such as Saddam and Ghadafi).

Had Saddam and Ghadafi not ruled with an iron fist (and they also did a lot of good for their countries keeping the relatively peaceful and the extremists under control) those places would have been much larger hot beds of terrorism than they already were. Sometimes you need a vicious pit-bull to keep a pack of jackels or hyenas at bay & under control/in fear. Had they not ruled the way they had, I suspect the countries would have looked much more like Somalia.

As far as the "corporate" issue, we all know that there are execs who have straight up lied and abused their customers causing all kinds of death, destruction and heart ache. These people never see "justice" and are passed off as "just businessmen" when in fact they should be looked at as mafia bosses who should be treated with extreme prejudice.

Looking at history there is a very strong correlation to the levels of crime and the punishments dished out for crimes. Public hangings, being locked in stocks, hung in a cage in the middle of the square, and more drastic things.

There were times when had the bankers done what they did in 2008, many of them would have been swinging from light poles down Wall street as a reminder to not to do these things. What about Moussolini? That was a pretty severe waning to future "fascists" and or dictators.

Now in all cases there is the "what if they are innocent", well that is always the case, even with a 30 day jail sentence. But even if they are innocent, the "good" that is done by instilling fear into the populace for committing such a crime may in fact be a positive to the general public by hopefully diminishing the amount of similar crime. While a tragedy if they are innocent, there may be some good that comes of it, but it certainly isn't justice in those cases.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Just before the slaughter in the Thomas Jane movie

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

There's plenty of real life Frank Castle's out there.

They generally shoot up a school and then turn the gun on themselves.

The problem with murderers is that their judgement generally isn't the best.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And what if there was a person like this whos life shadowed this mans,the citizens of this country would do what they always do!Allow the cowards in washington to destroy them put it on the news and make it a show ,then make it justified to kill him!!!He does exist!, be careful what you wish,
edit on 3/1/2019 by semperfortis because: Fixed ALL CAPS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join