It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disproportional sentencing for female criminals compared to males of same crime.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Reading all the news reports, "real crime" TV shows, news shows that do reports on cases, all bring to light some VERY disturbing issues such as the prosecution of female criminals, often being charged with lesser crimes than their male counter parts or even if charged with the same crime, they often get a small fraction of "time" upon sentencing - such as a male getting 20 years for a crime, but a female getting 2-5 years for the exact same thing in the same case. This is often very noticeable in crimes such as assault, manslaughter, homicide, etc where there is a VAST difference in the sentencing of women (where they get much less years).

All of this is going to lead to people taking justice into their own hands. In cases where the woman was the brains behind a crime, but the male was manipulated into "pulling the trigger", the woman often gets a fraction of time compared to the male companion. In a recent dateline show (well it was probably old, but new to me), a woman got 4-7 years for "murder for hire" while the hitman got a 20-40 sentence. The woman totally manipulated the man saying she was abused, beaten, raped and basically held hostage by the target and she convinced her new BF to do the deed using sex and even blackmail/extortion for him to murder the woman's husband. All of her allegations were false and had she never solicited murder for hire, none of this would ever happen, but some how she ends up getting a few years in prison (released early from what the story said).

These cases aren't unique or even rare. It seems almost every case the woman gets lenient sentencing compared to male counterparts. Why is this? I think it should be the opposite, especially for the person in the "position of control". We are led to believe (via current propaganda) that women are "smarter", more calculating, and "kinder" (excuse me while I throw up a little) so that means they should be more able to control themselves.

The current justice system is failing miserably and I think we need someone like "The Punisher" in real life and I for one, would applaud their efforts.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I agree, and I'm a woman. I watch a lot of ID and crime shows. Women often have to do a crime over and over or be so obvious before they are suspected. I'm always amazed when it takes 3 or 4 dead husbands before they really start investigating. If you are a pretty women it seem even more implausible that you are capable of committing a crime.
I do think things are changing now though.

I've know some truly evil evil women, I can't say i've met a truly evil man yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I agree, and I'm a woman. I watch a lot of ID and crime shows. Women often have to do a crime over and over or be so obvious before they are suspected. I'm always amazed when it takes 3 or 4 dead husbands before they really start investigating. If you are a pretty women it seem even more implausible that you are capable of committing a crime.

I've know some truly evil evil women, I can't say i've met a truly evil man yet.

I agree with you and I've been around a lot of men who police would consider "evil" (as per legal description) and they were some of the nicest people, had an incredible sense of faireness and justice, and even very forgiving in reasonable situations.

On the other hand, I've seen many more woman turn into complete psychopaths for mere slights (such as cutting them off at the bar after they were plastered) and they became vindictive to the point of getting someone to beat the bartender up telling a bunch of guys he raped her (total lie, just building support for her). The psycho woman thing was extremely prevelant from the time I got to college til I was about 30 then I parted ways from most women - couldn't handle the constant lying (probably picked the wrong females).

IDK how this can change but something needs to be done. I've seen many falsely report sexual assault and some guys were close to commiting suicide because of it - it was b/c they broke up with the girl (who was cheating on them with lots of guys) and she wanted payback. Sad thing is that it can ruin a person and there isn't recourse unless the woman admits she lies (good luck with that).

I kind of wish there was one person in the world, who could read minds, and tell the truth in any story. Then if they lie in these cases, they get the most sever penalty available for that crime.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

you don't have to watch it on television. go into any family law court room and see the injustice served to fathers.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

you don't have to watch it on television. go into any family law court room and see the injustice served to fathers.

I second that.

Men and women are not equal in court.
I don't even see how anyone can argue otherwise

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

No doubt!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I've seen that (news reports) and it is very disheartening. I've heard of abuse cases where the man is afraid to report the issue b/c the woman will flip it on him, and there is no way for the guy to get get out of it, especially if there are kids involved.

It feels like the courts are stuck in the mentality of the 1900-1950's when women were all "meek and mild", "Prim and proper" but it seems like they haven't looked at reality in the last 70 years.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I second that.

not just courts, how about crappy jobs? i'd love to see equal employment of men/women in the septic tank cleaner field, garbage men, sewer cleaner, deep mine worker, roofer, concrete worker, asphalt worker (and not machine operator) etc. I don't see a long line of women demanding their "equal representation" in jobs they don't want but many are sure willing to stomp their feet and scream and witch 'n moan when there is a job that has been 100% male for centuries (good paying job) that is now 90% automated (with inventions of men) and they now want "their share" of these cake jobs.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

we have a local company comes round to empty septic tanks shes in her thirty's and her mate late twenty's they do a good job to

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I second that.

That's because no-one can, my friend. At least not honestly.

new topics

top topics

join