It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people deform themselves on purpose like Courtney Cox

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just a break from politics so here is some good ol' hollywood gossip

www.independent.ie...

Why on earth do people mutilate themselves in the quest to look young? Thank goodness Courtney Cox had a friend
that was nice enough (or blunt enough) to tell her to stop the madness.

I find it interesting that it is usually good looking people that do this. It is never enough?

It's one thing to see this in Hollywood, but now I am
seeing it in friends and neighbors. I live in the sticks, nobody cares what you look like!
I have had two neighbors get work done, one has very cat like features now (I was absolutely startled when I first saw it) and the other one has disfigured her lips to the point of looking like a fish. It is hard for me to talk to her because all I can think of is a trout talking! Sounds mean, but it isn't intended to be. Both of these ladies look great before the work, but now look bizarre.
I know we all want to look young, but this isn't it. I actually think all these fillers and whatever makes you look much older!

Maybe I am missing something, do guys really dig this kind of look?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They're just "re-forming" themselves.
Fame is toxic, just like botulism...might as well inject it!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Money & vanity & age. Volatile mix.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I can understand vanity, but it is so obvious that it is not an improvement!
They must not be able to see it themselves. very sad

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Poor self esteem. A lot of older women think they need to go under the knife instead of just aging gracefully. I also think they don't really know what men like.

I don't know any guys who think these inflated fish lips, super high cheek bones, and stretched out eyes look good. It is so obvious that work was done, but the results don't seem to make the women any more attractive imho.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
When your only talent is looking good, people tend to go to extreme measures to keep it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I never understood this either. Before you looked older than your younger self. Now you look like a monster from a horror movie. Why are so many people choosing monster over older. It is not like there is a lack of examples. There is in fact, a plethora of examples. Every single woman who does this to themselves looks more like the Crypt Keeper than a young maiden.

I feel the same way about heroin. I can understand if you somehow got slowly tricked, through pain meds your doctor prescribed, then had taken away, so you had to turn to cheap heroin to make your body not feel hurt. But some people just start with heroin. Like, it is known what will happen, there is before and after pics available. You are not going to be the exception.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head.....they can't see it for themselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Or meth.
Hey let's smoke something a redneck made in his bathtub out of batteries and lantern fuel.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Why on earth do people mutilate themselves in the quest to look young?

It´s the pinacle of stupidy to do something like that to your body. I mean, to each it´s own... but I think you need to be deluded and way up into the clouds going to such extremes.

"High society" is living in it´s own world, they are far away from the typical life problems. Real problems like housing, food, not being able to afford propper health care. No clean water, their childs future.

Only then you come to such -in my eyes- stupid ideas. They all look the same after a while, like disgusting ugly lions, somehow.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Yes this is what I am talking about. We've seen so many go down this road. The outcome is not a surprise. Maybe they
feel it will turn out different? I can also like I said understand the hollywood types being pressured into doing these things by agents and such, but for normal everyday women? I just don't get it.

These were all women who were gorgeous and they ruined their natural good looks. I think all of them would have aged very well too.

Melanie Griffith
Renee Zellweger
LaToya Jackson
Catherine Zeta Jones
Priscilla Presley

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just went through the You tube episodes of 'Botched', she was lucky...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

She should have come to me first, I would have shown her that sucking stem cells directly from the 'donor' is much more effective than plastic surgery.

edit on 7-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Took me 54 years to look like this. There's more salt than pepper these days and I have more than a few battle scars.

I'm not wasting all that effort.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Daily protein mask. Supposedly good for the skin.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Daily protein mask. Supposedly good for the skin.

Since my current Masonic assignment is Hollyweird I apply it 'liberally'.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Transhumanism is gross.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pretty sure all these women already tried your method, it didn't work.
Now it doesn't matter, they can't move their jaws

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Bad plastic surgery must be a vicious cycle. You try to fix it and it just makes worse and you do it over and over.

Meg Ryan's was pretty bad too. I'm sure there is a ton more pressure on Females in Film and TV to look younger. The pressure is probably enormous.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join